ck34
Feb 14 2008, 01:27 PM
We've developed a tweak to make Skins more enjoyable for groups of 5 thru 7 players and sometimes 4. The biggest drawback with the regular skins is that very few skins are won if you play with 5 or 6 players in the group. In our modified version, players win half of the accumulated skins if just two in the group tie for the lowest score on a hole. So if it's a 4-hole carryover and Bob and Jim get twos and everyone else gets threes or more, Bob and Jim each win 2 skins on that hole. Of course, just like regular skins, if a player wins the hole outright, they get all of the accumulated skins.

The only suggestion is to use an even number for the skins amount like 10, 20 or 30 cents instead of 25 cents per hole. This helps do the math because players will regularly win half skins. You could also do this format with 4 players when one player's skill level is quite a bit below the other three as a way to encourage their participation when they might not do so otherwise.

krazyeye
Feb 14 2008, 02:44 PM
I would like to find the rules for "the works" it was published in the old rag a few years ago but I lost it.

keithjohnson
Feb 15 2008, 11:46 AM
I would like to find the rules for "the works" it was published in the old rag a few years ago but I lost it.

No you don't :p
It takes about 2 years to figure payout at the end of the round, and that's if everyone knows what the hell it is going in.
One of the most convoluted, worthless side games ever invented, altough you can win a buttload of money if you are lucky and enough people are playing.