ChainMusician
Feb 07 2008, 06:00 PM
A few quotes from the Dagobah Discgolf academy. Enjoy and learn from the Master - he's been throwing discs for 800 years.

Yoda: Premonitions, premonitions. These visions you have...
Dood: They are of pain, suffering. Bogies!!
Yoda: Your game you speak of, or someone you know?
Dood: Someone...
Yoda: In your flight?
Dood: Yes.
Yoda: Careful you must be when sensing the future Dood. The fear of bogies is a path to finishing DFL!
Dood: I won't let myself bogey, Master Yoda.
Yoda: A bogey is a natural part of golf. Rejoice for those around you who bogey. Scorn them do not. Diss them do not.
Attachment leads to low putts. The shadow of double bogey, that is.
Dood: What must I do, Master Yoda?
Yoda: Train yourself to let go of the disc... on every shot you fear to miss.

(Yoda starts dancing and using his stick as a microphone stand) You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to throw 'em. Know when to safely play, and know when to gun. You don't count your money, when you're standing in the teebox, there'll be time enough for counting, when the round is done.

Yoda: Afraid to miss this putt I think, hmm? he he he...
Dood: What has that got to do with anything?
Yoda: Everything! Fear is the path to low putts. Low putts lead to Bogies. Bogies lead to doubles. Doubles lead to... hey, to me, my whiskey you must pass back. Uhh, what was I talking about?

Yoda: Aight then. A Golfers strength flows from the Course. But beware. Anger, beer, depression. The dark side are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you and the rest of your flight. If once you start throwing anger shots, forever will they decimate your scorecard. Consume you they will, as they did the O.B. One's apprentice.
Dood: Yikes, that Gark Blader guy... does an anger shot fly farther?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, faster release, more destructive.
Dood: But how am I to know a good shot-making decision from a bad one?
Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, under par! A Golfer uses his discs for course management, never to take a stoopid ace-run at a basket near the swamp like you just did!

Dood: I can�t retrieve it!
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Yoda: Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years have I trained Golfers. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Golfer must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the next hole, to the fly-mart. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What disc he was choosing. Hmph. Eagles. Heh. Birdies. Heh. A Golfer craves not these things. You are reckless!

Distance matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my distance, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Course, and a powerful ally it is.

O.B. One: If you choose to face Blader, you will do it alone. I cannot be your caddy.
Yoda: Strong is Blader. Mind what you have learned. Save par, you can.

oceanjones
Feb 07 2008, 06:17 PM
AWESOME! Just what I needed coming up to a tourney weekend.

Giles
Feb 07 2008, 06:28 PM

So now what should I do with these motivational cards I made for you JJ?

JHBlader86
Feb 07 2008, 10:05 PM
LOL!!! Always love good Star Wars parodies!

oceanjones
Feb 08 2008, 05:34 PM

I don't have a come back for that.

Birdie
Feb 09 2008, 01:52 AM
Wow

krazyeye
Feb 09 2008, 02:02 AM
I think I just peed a little.. That was funny.

sleepyEDB
Feb 10 2008, 11:27 AM
Yoda: Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years have I trained Golfers. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Golfer must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the next hole, to the fly-mart. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What disc he was choosing. Hmph. Eagles. Heh. Birdies. Heh. A Golfer craves not these things. You are reckless!

Distance matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my distance, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Course, and a powerful ally it is.

These are the best ones...nice work! :D

sleepy

bruce_brakel
Feb 10 2008, 01:59 PM
Birdies you seek? Sold these are.

http://img5.glowfoto.com/images/2007/11/30-1724168316T.jpg (http://www.glowfoto.com/user_imageredirect.php?iid=1874343)

Another I can make! :D

Boneman
Feb 10 2008, 03:16 PM
Freaking hilarious! Thanks! I needed a good laugh.

Giles
Feb 11 2008, 10:48 AM

I don't have a come back for that.

Say that then tie for second at the Big Show? Nice work JJ :)