ChrisEads
Feb 07 2008, 05:12 PM
Hey Ill be out at tillis today around 4:30 or 5:00 so if anyone wants to play a round send me a PM or just go out there. Ill be there until dark.

evandmckee
Feb 07 2008, 06:10 PM
Wow, another Ft. Smith golfer who throws lefty :D

Me and Matt will be at Tilles shortly after 12 noon tomorrow till darkish laying OB line and having fun /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

racerb491
Feb 22 2008, 02:21 PM
IT'S CANYON TIME !!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

evandmckee
May 03 2008, 11:08 AM
Good Luck (http://www.pdga.com/schedule/event.php?TournID=7323) to Alexandria, Chris, Chris, Corey & Zach!!

With them up there, I'm gonna win Alma's mini tomorrow /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tee @ 2pm

BrokenPutt
May 04 2008, 05:55 AM
Boom Zach is in 2nd and Eads is in 3rd after the first day!! Bring it home fellas!! :cool:

BrokenPutt
May 04 2008, 09:25 PM
Zack in a 3 way tie for first!!! You can do it snaps!!!

AlmaWillie
May 05 2008, 09:48 AM
I want to throw a Congrats at little Chris from Alma, for stepping up into the Advanced division and making a respectable finish. I was very proud to see him hold his own and shoot some really good rounds at such a BIG tourney! He is going to be dominating at home now I fear! (thank goodness I don't play advanced! :D)

evandmckee
May 05 2008, 02:42 PM
Wow, good playing to all of ya'll, congrats to Zack Asbury on a 1st Place (tied) finish at an A Tier, final four, gallery and everything!!

Move Up Bagger :cool:

evandmckee
Jun 13 2008, 04:02 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/Oh7w-vqR9nGrezKkLmfSAR2U-3xIh156XEug1g0IeOcPUKqw3CS0kWdp6zY*VMSGmCBjsBp2jjI qhzm15qcQAIsiq7S7vSB5/NorthshoreFlyer.JPG

evandmckee
Jun 20 2008, 01:40 PM
Alright folks, lots of action this week-end, really good 2 day Non-Sanctioned Twisted Flyer Tournament in Pawhuska, OK this week-end

Matt will be running Ben Geren Handicaps Saturday, 10:30 tee-off, after you're done at Ben Geren, come out to Alma, several people will be grooming the course for next week's Alma Greens

Mayor says that Alma will be mowed next week as far as the big tractor mowing stuff, we'll be weed eating, lopping and picking up trash

Sunday has good action at Alma.........

SNPC fundraiser event at Alma (Sunday B4, Alma Greens)
Non-Sanctioned, June 22nd

1 round of 18, Payouts Pro=Cash, Am=Merch

Tee Time: 10:30am

Entry Fees
Amature $15.00
Advanced $15.00
All Pro Divisons $20.00

$ 5.00 of each entry fee goes to 2008 Southern Nationals Pro Championship in Little Rock, August 30 & 31

I'm gonna throw Alma's $36 Ace Pot into this for those that want in ($1) After that we may as well play the Sunday Alma Mini around 2pm

sschumacher
Jun 20 2008, 02:11 PM
<<<<< Just floated a Furry Air Biscuit on your thread. :)

evandmckee
Jun 20 2008, 02:24 PM
^^^^^

means he just coughed up a Fur Ball, or maybe just Furry Balls ;)

evandmckee
Jul 02 2008, 04:20 PM
The Grand Tradition of Alma DG during the Independence Day Fireworks show continues..............The Show is on for this Thursday, July 3, at dusk, people should be showing up for some fun DG around 5ish

Always good times, very casual and golfers having fun :cool:

AlmaWillie
Jul 03 2008, 04:02 PM
It will be closer to 6 before I can make the park. So anyone wanting a little later (ie cooler) round can hook up with me then.
See ya'll there!!!

evandmckee
Jul 03 2008, 05:25 PM
we'll see ya there Willie :D

racerb491
Jul 03 2008, 11:55 PM
well, how was it.

ChrisEads
Jul 17 2008, 04:42 PM
I know this is short notice and everything but there will be a few of us out there tonight around 5:15 at ben garen to play so come on out if you want and we can play doubles or singles depending on the turn out.

racerb491
Jul 26 2008, 10:52 PM
asbry and eads need to step it up :eek:

racerb491
Jul 26 2008, 10:55 PM
asbry and eads need to step it up :eek:

oklahoma heat getting to ya'll :p

DaWookie
Jul 30 2008, 11:44 AM
I'll be rolling through and playin Ben Garren around 1 -130 today if anyone wants to play

MattScott
Aug 02 2008, 02:49 AM
Im headed to dog town in the morning, and im gona stop and play alma around 9am or 10am. call me if anyone wants to meet up. 501-838-3069. also Evan if you read this, I lost my state tag and want to get another one

AlmaWillie
Jul 06 2009, 07:08 PM
I know that this is short notice, but we got an opening and are taking it!
TreeShark and I have decided to take our annual Day of Disc Golf into NWA since he has yet to play Bella Vista and JB Hunt. We are going to play Bella Vista first, probably around 8 or 8:30, then we will hit JB Hunt, and if we still have time we'll do Northshore before lunch. Or take lunch then do Northshore. Then we will move down to the River Valley and do Alma and Greenwood (possibly Ben Geren or Tilles depending on time).

If anyone would like to meet us out at one of these parks just give me a call tonight on my cell - 479-670-2641 - or call us tomorrow during the day on John's cell - 479-430-6708.
We would love to have some company as we torture ourselves through 5 or 6 rounds of Disc Golf in one day!! :)

AlmaWillie
Jul 07 2009, 10:56 PM
Not the best "Day of Disc Golf" we have ever had, but we still had a lot of fun and played ALOT of golf. We took ALOT of steps too, as was recorded with my pedometer that I am wearing for a "Walk Across America" challenge at school. I am going to give the pedometer (step) count for each course we played, just because I think it is interesting!

We started with Bella Vista. John and I both really enjoyed the course until the last two holes. John got off-line and I just don't have the ar, so we ended up with 5's and a 6 and circle-7. It was pretty bad to end on, but expected of such length. When it was all said and done John beat me by one stroke (the circle-7 on the last hole) and we had walked 8,800 steps (that equates out to 24,200 feet, or 4.6 miles). That's ALOT of ground to cover for one round of golf!!!

Then we went to the Jones Center, only to find it covered with kids practicing their golf SWING (ball golf) on the course. Although it was tempting to throw around and over 50 or so 6-9 year olds, we decided to just go on to JB Hunt.

We had some trouble navigating this course and neither of us had ever played a round on the set course (had only been there for the fundraiser that had 9 other baskets in the same area). After covering 4200 steps (11000+ feet, 2+ miles) and only finding holes 1-3 true tee boxes and holes, making up hole four from about 100 feet right of the #3 basket to #4 basket, and shooting from about 100feet from 4 basket to #9 (It looked like a GREAT shot!!), we decided to call it a day at JB hunt, and left the park shooting holes 1-3 at Willie -1, and John +1.

Then we ate lunch and made our way to Northshore. Here we played through the course with some good and some REALLY bad shots. When it was all over, thanks to John missing a 15 foot par putt on 18 (while I yelled "SHANK SHANK SHANK" in the background) we came out with a 60 each. We had covered the course in 6,??? steps (about 18,000 feet, or 3.5 miles).

Our last stop of the day was at ALma, our home course. John pulled up four strokes on me on the front nine (his length outdid my putting), although I was very proud to be looking at a 60 foot birdie putt on #7 (long DAM shot) even if I did miss it. Then on the back nine I made my move on him a couple of different times, pulling within two strokes on two occasions, but he always had an answer. He would not allow my tomohawk over the top on hole 15 (something about a mando) that landed 10 feet from the hole (easy birdie) and that broke my spirit, leaving him 3 up on me through the last 3 holes. We came out of Alma at 58 and 61 respectively. Having walked an additional 7??? steps ( about 20000 feet and 3.5 miles)

We decided to call Alma our last stop, although we had intentions to make the mini in Fort Smith, as we were pretty tired, hot, and at least one of us needed some powder! :0

Overall John beat me by 2 strokes, we played 3 full courses, and walked half of another, and we walked 28,872 steps - 79398 feet, or 15.04 miles!!! Quite a day for sure!!

AlmaWillie
Dec 31 2009, 05:36 PM
Looking at another day of disc golf before I have to go back to school. The plan is to play Alma, Ben Geren, Tilles and Greenwood all in one day. Only problem is I'm not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday. Wanna go Saturday, as the weather looks better, but my dad needs some wood cut, so it may have to be Sunday. Anyone interested in playing one or all courses just let me know.

AlmaWillie
Jan 01 2010, 10:03 PM
Our day will be Sunday. We plan on meting at Alma at around 8am, then going to Ben Geren (10 -10:30 or so), possibly Tilles, Lunch and then Greenwood for the mini. Anyone wanting to join us, leave a message on here by Saturday night, or call me (479-670-2641), or meet us at Alma at 8 Sunday morning.

Rod07Ger
Jan 02 2010, 04:09 PM
Willie, Ben Geren around 11:00am sounds good !!!!

I always like to get a few holes in before the mini at Greenwood !!!! :cool:

AlmaWillie
Jan 02 2010, 10:54 PM
OK Roger. If we are not snowed in we will be there. If we get away from Alma early we'll just go play Tilles first. Meet you at Ben Geren at 11:00.
We are thinking about playing a SC round at Alma so it may be 11 before we get there anyway! :)

AlmaWillie
Jan 03 2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry Roger. Too much snow to worry about. Didn't want to get out this morning while it was still snowing, and then have trouble getting back in after spending all day out. Hope we didn't inconvenience you.

Rod07Ger
Jan 04 2010, 12:47 PM
Willie, I hope you at least got to play some golf on your course !!!

playing disc golf in the snow is awesome !!!! :cool: don't get a chance too, around here very often !!!! :eek:

Rod07Ger
Feb 18 2010, 03:16 PM
To Gorgeous not too !!!!! :cool:

I'll be at Ben Geren this afternoon, come out and get ya some !!!!!

plan on moving some baskets and checking the differences between Katana vs Nuke !!!!!

ChrisEads
Feb 25 2010, 01:43 PM
I am looking to play a round somewhere today either ben garen, bell park, tillis or alma.

either write back on here or call my cell 479-739-2266 and we can plan where to play.

Rod07Ger
Feb 25 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm playing Ben Geren this afternoon !!!! :cool:

Come out and get ya some !!!! I'll see ya there !!!! :) :D :cool:

ps. need practice in the wind (15-20 mph) :eek:

ChrisEads
Feb 25 2010, 01:59 PM
alright see ya there. what time you going out

Rod07Ger
Feb 25 2010, 02:14 PM
If your at work, I'll see ya after !!!! 4:00/4:30pm !!! :)

ChrisEads
Feb 25 2010, 02:24 PM
I wasnt able to make it out today because I came down with a headache. But I did talk to James Perry and He and I and maybe moose are going to play tomorrow most likely at ben garen but I will post on here as soon as i know

ChrisEads
Feb 26 2010, 05:49 PM
Alright Ben Garen 415

ChrisEads
Mar 15 2010, 04:43 PM
Alma 5:15 Today Monday March 15th
Come take your shot at WAFDA's number 1 tag. Its up for the taking.

Rod07Ger
Mar 15 2010, 05:35 PM
Sounds good to ME !!!! :)

rumor has it that your injured from this weekend !!!! :eek:

I was going to play at Ben Geren, but If your playing Alma, I'll drive for that !!! ;)

ChrisEads
Mar 15 2010, 05:54 PM
I wouldnt say im injured more just hurting from trying to push a putt out of the woods and landing on my arm but nothing that will hold me down for too long. Dont think that you dont need to still bring your A game to beat me :D
Hope to see you there. I would play Ben Geren but I would rather play something different.

James Lecy
Mar 15 2010, 06:53 PM
I would rather play the easy course too if i wanted to keep my tag....lol...Good shootin this weekend Chris!! Can anyone beat this guy??

ChrisEads
Mar 16 2010, 12:16 AM
It was a lot harder than I thought out there. The winds were blowing around 20mph at least and sometimes gusting up to above 25mph.
And thanks for the congrats i have been really working on my game a lot these past couple months and plan to have a great year this year.,Im ready to bring the heat this year in arkansas.

James Lecy
Mar 16 2010, 03:05 PM
ya i heard it was a little windy, still wish i could have made it (wifey's bday) but at least i got to play horseshoe a couple of weeks ago. Hope to see you for the state championship man. I can tell that you have gotten better by the scores i read on here, so kudos man!! BUT...... I have a WAFDA Tag now and I am a member.....so when you gonna play me for that tag????

ChrisEads
Mar 16 2010, 11:16 PM
Well I guess since I got the tag you want you will just have to come to me. :p
I am going to try to make it to the first tourney of the players challenge on the 27th and I have one of those tags as well so you can count on me coming after yours also. Look forward to playing with you.

evandmckee
Mar 17 2010, 02:05 PM
Little Rock Tag #64 (no one will play me for their tag.)

I have Little Rock tag 50 something, did ya get a Russellville Tag? I got 31 on that

New State Tags fixing to be unleashed, I may play ya for #1 2010 State :D

ChrisEads
Mar 17 2010, 09:52 PM
Alma 5:15 Today Thursday March 18th
Come take your shot at WAFDA's number 1 tag. Its up for the taking.
Willie the invite is also extended to you as well
Chris Shelton is going to be out there so it will give you a chance to play with him too.
But everyone is welcome and if we have enough we may just run a mini for the heck of it.
We will prob tee off around 5:30

AlmaWillie
Mar 17 2010, 10:49 PM
I wish I would be able to get out there, but I eat at my parent's house every Thursday night. I will be playing Alma at some point early Saturday morning and will post the exact time when I get it set up. I would love to see little Chris again and play with the new "Big Boy" of the river valley! Congrats on the recent excellent play Eads! Let me know of times ya'll play next week, as that is my Spring Break and I am going to play some then.

Rod07Ger
Mar 18 2010, 02:26 PM
Looks like Kopper-Kettle fudge for me this afternoon !!!!! :cool:

See ya there !!!! :) Alma in the Spring time !!!!! :D

AlmaWillie
May 30 2010, 10:48 PM
Headed for Alma around 9:00am on Monday (Memorial Day). I know for sure John will be there, and anyone that wants to join is welcome. If enough show up, we can do an impromptu mini, or skins, or something! Hope to see a few out!

AlmaWillie
Jun 03 2010, 06:22 PM
OK, John and I are going to embark on our 4th annual Day of Disc Golf next Monday. We have decided to keep it within the state of Arkansas this year. We are headed to NWA early to hit all of their courses, starting with Bella Vista, then down the road to JB Hunt, Sport's Life and Northshore. If we have time (and energy) left, we are going to come on down the highway and go to Ben Geren and Tilles.

If anyone would like to join in on the torture of 63 - 90 holes of disc golf in one day, let me know. My cell is 670-2641.

We'll leave early Monday morning (probably 6 or so) and will return however late we can stand to play that night! :)

AlmaWillie
Jun 05 2010, 12:40 AM
Change of plans:
The Day of Disc golf will be happening on Sunday instead of Monday. I wanted to play the Alma mini Sunday, but things happen, and I FOR SURE want to get our annual day in so....
Anyone free Sunday, that wants to play ALOT of disc golf, the car leaves Chester about 6am. Give me a call!

evandmckee
Jun 05 2010, 03:17 PM
Hurry Up - Ready Golf, you can make Alma by 2pm, very warmed up :cool:

AlmaWillie
Jun 05 2010, 08:05 PM
We might actually make it, as we forgot that Sport's Life is not open before noon on Sundays. We don't want to have any "cool down" time after we get started, so depending on timing through BV and JB Hunt, we may have to skip SL and just go on to Northshore. I could see possibly being back in Alma by 2:00. We'll see........

AlmaWillie
Jun 06 2010, 11:35 PM
What a DAY!!! I am one beat old man, but sure enjoyed the day of playing. We ended up playing 5 courses in all, and while 2 were only 9-holers, we did play Bella Vista, which has to count for the extra halves!! I really enjoyed getting the chance to let Heath Whitley show us how to play BV and put a serious whoopin on us! (BTW Heath, I owe you $2 in skins, I completely forgot to figure them before you left)
Here's the rundown: for mine and John's scores:
BV John - 68
Willie - 71 John takes it by 3

JB Hunt John - 34
Willie - 31 Willie takes it by 3, we are now tied for the day.

Northshore John - 58
Willie - 59 John takes it by 1, and has an overall lead of 1

Greenwood John - 61
Willie - 59 Willie takes it by 2, and has an overall lead of 1

Tilles - John - 27
Willie - 27 Tied scores so Willie wins by 1 stroke through 72 holes!! :)
As for Skins, we actually went (John/Willie) 10/8 8/10 10/8 5/4 4/5 , so John owed me 50 cents after 72 holes!
Hard to believe we played 72 holes and I won by 1 stroke and 2 skins! That is some (almost) straight-up even golf! What a GREAT time!

Rod07Ger
Nov 12 2010, 03:15 PM
If it doesn't rain this afternoon before I can make it to Ben Geren !!!!!!! I'll be out trying my new Vibram Ascent that I got in the mail today !!!!! :cool:

I'm curious if it flies like a Teebird !!!!!! :rolleyes:

My endless pursuit of that perfect flying disc !!!!!! :eek:

evandmckee
Nov 12 2010, 04:13 PM
My endless pursuit of that perfect flying disc !!!!!! :eek:

The only thing better than A Teebird is 2 or more Teebirds :)

ChrisEads
Nov 12 2010, 04:37 PM
The only thing better than A Teebird is........

.........a Players Cup Tracker :)

evandmckee
Nov 14 2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by evandmckee http://www.pdga.com/discussion/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1442776#post1442776)
The only thing better than A Teebird is.......
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
.........a Players Cup Tracker :)

on a water hole when you don't want lose a Teebird :)