ANHYZER
Feb 06 2008, 01:12 AM

Pizza God
Feb 06 2008, 03:05 PM
just as bad as the media

Ron Paul has not withdrawn yet and will not. We are looking to a brokered convention and working on getting delegates there.

McCain will not be the Republican nominee unless he get 1200 delegates that HAVE to vote for him.

Even in West Virginia, the 18 delegates are pledged to Huckabee in the first round of voting, but 3 of them will be our Ron Paul supporters.

rollinghedge
Feb 06 2008, 03:07 PM
Nope, didn't see that coming. ;)

james_mccaine
Feb 06 2008, 03:15 PM
Bryan, I admire your optimism, but get real, the press and this poll don't mention him for very good reasons.

MTL21676
Feb 06 2008, 03:39 PM
Obama for president!

bfunkyp
Feb 06 2008, 04:31 PM
Obama's delegate lead (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8358.html)

Pizza God
Feb 06 2008, 05:00 PM
To give an example.

The Delegates for LA have already been selected. Ron Paul got 2nd place in the number of Delegates [there were some votes not counted that may increase that number]

1st place was John McCain delegates. [in other words, he got more delegate spots]

The state has a primary Feb 9th. If a candidate gets 50 percent of the vote, all the LA delegates will be for that candidate IN THE FIRST VOTE but can vote for anyone in the second round of voting.

If none of the candidates get 50 percent, the delegates can vote for whomever they want.

This is why Ron Paul has campaigned in states that do not tie down there delegates like Texas.

In Texas, it is totally weird.

On primary night [March 4th] there is a precinct party at the polling location. The Precinct Chair [thats me] runs this caucus. Anyone can submit party platforms and we will elect who get to go to the Senatorial convention on March 29th.

On March 29 we will meet by county, then split into senatorial groups and vote on Party Platform issues and Delegates to the Texas GOP convention.

The Texas GOP convention is the LARGEST political party convention in the world. [yes, it is bigger than the National conventions] There, we vote on the Texas GOP party platform [the best, most conservative platform in the country] and vote on Delegates.

Ok, from my understanding, if no candidate gets a majority vote, the Senatorial delegates will vote based on how there districts voted. If no one gets a majority, we can vote for whomever we want. Lowest vote getter will be eliminated till only one candidate gets a majority.

Therefore, the winner of the Texas Delegates may not have won the popular vote.

Even then, after all this, we elect our Delegates to go to the national convention in St. Paul. These are voted on at large and may or may not support the conventions choice. But they do have to vote that way in the first round. The second round they can vote however they want.

So are you confused yet.....

lauranovice
Feb 06 2008, 05:24 PM
Wow, you're a social studies teacher.
My desire is for Barack Obama to win.
My prediction is that McCain will be the next president.
I hope I do as well at this as I did with sandalman's super bowl predictions, or at least not any better.
I believe the best hope we had for a Democrat to be elected was for Edwards to win our nomination.
I believe the general public is ready for neither a president of color nor another Clinton president. I believe that McCain is the more liberal of the Republican possibilities and will gather support in the general election from the swing voters.
Anyone want to put up a stack for this prediction? ;)
If so, how about Nostradamus stack, too? :D
PS - I know more about politics than football.

tbender
Feb 06 2008, 05:38 PM
If this were only 2012, I think Obama would win easily. IMO, he's running four years too early. But if he doesn't, he risks not being able to run in 2012 (since there would be an incumbent running).

Laura, I fear you are right. If Obama wins the nomination, I expect the far right to pull every slander they can. Same with Clinton.

Pizza God
Feb 06 2008, 05:48 PM
Really

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IMAGES/CARTOONS/toon020508.gif

We will work to get out the vote no matter who is selected. but that does not mean I will vote for McCain

Pizza God
Feb 06 2008, 05:50 PM
BTW, the campaign put out a press release that they have secured 42 Delegates so far. These are delegates to the National convention. It's a start :D

MTL21676
Feb 06 2008, 05:58 PM
My desire is for Barack Obama to win.
My prediction is that McCain will be the next president.
I believe the best hope we had for a Democrat to be elected was for Edwards to win our nomination.
I believe the general public is ready for neither a president of color nor another Clinton president. I believe that McCain is the more liberal of the Republican possibilities and will gather support in the general election from the swing voters.

It is rare that I agree with everything someone says.

This is one of those times.

james_mccaine
Feb 06 2008, 06:28 PM
As I posted after Iowa, and what I continue to believe: Obama by a nose for the nomination and Obama in a landslide in the general. Why? It is simple: the cream will eventually rise to the top in the primaries, despite the downward pull of the sleazeteam; and McCain's age, stubborness on Iraq, and recent shift to the right will make him easy fodder for Obama. Easy. Obama just needs to clear this current nasty hurdle first.

lauranovice
Feb 06 2008, 06:30 PM
thank, but, shhh...or they'll start posting some rumor about us on one of your many other threads.... :D

lauranovice
Feb 06 2008, 06:31 PM
I hope you are correct, Mr. J. McCaine, with an e.

tbender
Feb 06 2008, 06:35 PM
While the JFK comparison is faulty and misapplied, I think this would be true during the debates:

Obama = JFK
McCain = Nixon

Charisma and youth versus "Get off my lawn!"

MTL21676
Feb 06 2008, 08:08 PM
thank, but, shhh...or they'll start posting some rumor about us on one of your many other threads.... :D

I won't tell anyone you secretly like me.....

oh wait...

crap.

I'm an idiot

Feb 07 2008, 05:02 PM
Like the poll shows, I think it will come down to Obama v. McCain...

Pizza God
Feb 07 2008, 07:39 PM
Well you can take Romney off the poll and make sure you put Ron Paul back on.

I have no idea what the totals are because I can't vote for my candidate.

Feb 08 2008, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately Ron Paul won't make an impact in this election... STANDINGS (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/629/629/7229878.stm)

Pizza God
Feb 08 2008, 04:29 PM
Those are guesses based on partly fact and estimate.

Ron Paul has 42 Delegates. Yes, that is a VERY far number from the 1191 needed to win the nomination, but it is a small start.

Remember, Ron Paul has done better than McCain and Huckabee in several states that Romney won.

I am realalistic, but would be an idiot if I gave up. We are picking up a lot of support from former Romney people. Is it enough to win a state, probably not, but we will keep trying.

The Ron Paul Revolution is more about the message than about winning the election. Have you noticed how much the other candidates have picked up on Ron Paul talking points.

Shoot, McCain even hired on of Ron Paul economic advisors away from him yesterday. :D

Maybe there is still Hope for America.

Feb 08 2008, 04:39 PM
The sooner he bails the election, the better it will be for the Republican party. He's a good guy, but will not be president.

Pizza God
Feb 08 2008, 05:15 PM
It's not over yet..............

ANHYZER
Feb 10 2008, 03:48 PM
It's over now... (http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard;_ylt=AvK4xqt2AwoOvWRowCgmCk92KY54)

bruce_brakel
Feb 10 2008, 06:22 PM
McCain is 72. His dad only lived to 70. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Pizza God
Feb 10 2008, 08:32 PM
It's over now... (http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard;_ylt=AvK4xqt2AwoOvWRowCgmCk92KY54)

well that page didn't open for me, but I know this Huckabee won 2 off the 3 states this weekend. That got him 36 more delegates to McCain's 6 delegates. There is a reason Romney stepped aside. Huckabee might force this into a brokered convention if he can keep that up.

bruce_brakel
Feb 10 2008, 11:21 PM
It is mathematically out of reach for Huckabee or anyone else. Ron Paul is ramping down his campaign to focus on his House primary. Huckabee is staying in because he's running again in 2012, so he might as well set up a network in Ohio, Texas and a few other states that have not voted yet.

Feb 11 2008, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE

my_hero
Jun 07 2008, 11:35 PM
4,582Total Fatalities
Operation Iraqi Freedom: 4,078
Operation Enduring Freedom: 504
(Updated June 7, 2008)

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/

:confused:

playtowin
Jun 08 2008, 12:20 AM
4,582Total Fatalities
Operation Iraqi Freedom: 4,078
Operation Enduring Freedom: 504
(Updated June 7, 2008)

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/

:confused:

Grateful for their choice to serve our country, protect freedom anywhere, and to make the ultimate sacrifice. "There is no greater love than to lay your life down."