KMcKinney
Feb 05 2008, 02:22 PM
A friend pointed out that someone was registered for Bowling Green in the Int division with a 936 rating. The new Int cutoff is 935.

Bowling Green (http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7295)

Player 34209 (http://pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=34209&year=2007)

I thought this was probably because of the latest update and went to look at the rating history. Turns out this is a new player but the guy played 6 tournaments but his rating was based just on 2 rounds from one tournament!

My first thought again was maybe he just recently became a member and maybe only that one tournament was played after he was a member. But the rounds used is from the next to the last tournament, not the last!

So:
1) Is this an error or am I reading the page wrong and
2) If it is an error, can it be corrected before someone moves this guy up to advanced :)

Unfortunatly my 797 rating is exactly right :o

tenWatt
Feb 05 2008, 02:24 PM
He will be re-rated based on some of his other rounds. The change should happen sometime in Feb.

ck34
Feb 05 2008, 03:08 PM
How do you know that?

mwatson10324
Feb 05 2008, 04:20 PM
the real question Chuck, is he correct.... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ck34
Feb 05 2008, 04:54 PM
I really don't know. That's why I was asking. We are doing a final corrections update soon. I'm guessing the reason he didn't get ratings for earlier dated rounds is that he didn't renew until close to those Novemeber rounds that did get rated. If so, then the PDGA usually doesn't go back and include rounds the player threw earlier in the year when they weren't current, but it's not a hard and fast policy.

my_hero
Feb 05 2008, 05:05 PM
Chuck,

At the next ratings update, will the PDGA fill in all of the PDGA current people and then come up with the official ratings for this tourney?

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7521#Open

I think the ratings are a little low.

ck34
Feb 05 2008, 05:30 PM
The PDGA doesn't fill them in, the TD does first when he sends in the report which apparently hasn't been done yet or maybe Dave's a bit behind in posting official results. The PDGA does check to see if PDGA numbers are correct or whether someone may have just joined and enters their new number that the TD wouldn't have known at the event.

tbender
Feb 05 2008, 05:32 PM
If Mace filled out his TD report correctly and submitted it in time for the first 2008 update, then yes.

my_hero
Feb 05 2008, 05:42 PM
I am slowly losing faith in the system. Which system, Mace's or the PDGA's? You make the call. :D

KMcKinney
Feb 06 2008, 12:01 PM
I really don't know. That's why I was asking. We are doing a final corrections update soon. I'm guessing the reason he didn't get ratings for earlier dated rounds is that he didn't renew until close to those Novemeber rounds that did get rated. If so, then the PDGA usually doesn't go back and include rounds the player threw earlier in the year when they ween't current, but it's not a hard and fast policy.

It kind of looks like to me that when the second November event was made official, this guy still wasn't a member but when the first November event was made official, he was. I'm not privy to the dates of when this guy renewed or signed up or the dates the events were made official, but that is all I could come up with to explain why he doesn't have round ratings on any event except the first November one. In the second November event the guy doesn't have a round rating, which is counter intuitive since he clearly had one from an event that is earlier so it has to be the dates the events were made official rather than the dates the event occured.

paerley
Mar 18 2008, 02:17 AM
That does pose an interesting situation:

I play 2 tourneys: Feb 1st and Feb 15th with 2 different TDs
The Feb 15th TD is diligent and submits his report on the 21st.
I join the PDGA on the 29th (Having waited, wanting to join on a leap day).
The first TD is busy with a family emergency and does not get his report in until March 1st.

During Entry, the PDGA sees me and adds my PDGA number for the Feb 1st tourney (which I was not a member during), but, as I was not a member during the entry of the Feb 15th tourney, my pdga number was not entered. I get a rating for 1 tourney before a second (which is what this situation appears to be).

Was I eligible for a rating for 1 of these tourneys? Both? Neither?
What is the proper method to report these sort of situations? As the PDGA grows, these things will come up more often, and the official policy in these cases should probably be handled and spelled out now.

discette
Mar 18 2008, 09:40 AM
You should always provide your PDGA number to TD's (even if you are not current) so they will include it in PDGA reports.

Send the TD and the PDGA an email with your PDGA number and the name of the event so your number can be inputted and your rounds can be rated.

ck34
Mar 18 2008, 09:52 AM
All rounds get rated if the TD enters your PDGA number regardless whether you are current. You just can't see your rating info if you're not current. If you play events before renewing and your number is on those reports, those rounds will become part of your rating. If you just joined for the first time, notify the PDGA and your new PDGA number will be added to events you played within a month or two (in the same calendar year only) before joining and you'll get ratings for those events.

tenWatt
Apr 21 2008, 12:25 PM
How do you know that?

Sorry it took me so long to answer this but I don't frequent this board. I had spoke with Dave and Karolyn about the situation. The last few events he played were events that I had ran and for some reason thay went back two or three events from the last event he played to generate a rating for him.

His rating was ajusted before the tourney.