maceman
Feb 05 2008, 12:12 AM
It is my great pleasure to let you know that Arcadia No 2 is now in the ground and ready for action!!

I would like to thank Shawn Wooten for his help on this project, couldn't have done it without you.

Dennie Ortega, for his labor the last few days.

Matt Mayo also for labor the last two days.

Brandon Melton for labor today.

And Dennie, Matt, Brandon, Geoff Clark, and Mark Ludwig for helping me put in the first complete round tonight. It was a blast!!

More info will follow, but I will take my one chance at bragging rights, Current Course Record Holder with a 52!!! I am sure it won't last, but it feels really good today!!

The other scores were as follows:
Matt Mayo 57
Geoff Clark 57
Brandon Melton 58
Mark Ludwig 59
Dennie Ortega DNF (he left with 4 to play at +6, he had to get his son home)

We will be finishing up on the tree work and filling around the backs and side of the tee's, tomorrow and the next day. Tee sign graphics will be in later this week.

I hope you like it.

woote01
Feb 05 2008, 12:41 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l143/bubbli26/untitled.jpg
Big Props to Brian! by making more disc golf happen in DFW :cool:AND ALL HE DOES FOR THE SPORT WE ALL LOVE! Be sure and thank Brian next time you see him for all his effort in prompting and growing the sport . ;)

Big E
Feb 05 2008, 12:06 PM
I did not see it in the course directory... directions please and thanks again Mace for all you do :D

dryhistory
Feb 05 2008, 12:51 PM
is there a number 1 arcadia? :confused:

maceman
Feb 05 2008, 02:06 PM
Not sure but there is a No3 and No8 so I assume there is all of the other numbers in between.

Basswood between Beach and 377/Denton Highway. North on Arcadia Trail. Through stop sign, the park is on the left at the brick Arcadia Park sign.

This is can be a very heavily used park at times so keep an eye out for other park users. Please respect this park, it is literally peoples back or front yards. They all love the park and keep a close eye on it if you know what I mean.

my_hero
Feb 05 2008, 02:11 PM
820 north side of loop to hwy 377. North on 377. Left on Basswood. Park is 1/2 mile down on right side.

Thanks to My_Hero for spending 3 hours walking the Park with that crazy 'Tang guy. All that 'Tang guy wanted to do was find the geocaches in the park. Also a huge thanks to Mace for borrowing My_Hero's GPS so that hole distances will be accurate down to the foot.

maceman
Feb 05 2008, 02:20 PM
Yea what he said! :D

willyc
Feb 05 2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like a good place to have the mid-week tourny for the Big Show. :cool:

maceman
Feb 05 2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I will think that over.

I want to let everyone know that hole 10 has not had it's tree work yet, so don't freak if you play it today...it will be different tomorrow.

maceman
Feb 05 2008, 06:24 PM
I am done thinking about it, but there is one more hurdle to clear. More info mid day tomorrow.

my_hero
Feb 05 2008, 06:32 PM
Can you please synchronize your mid day event announcement to be announced at mid day? If not then i will need a new Hero.

Also:

Chuck,

At the next ratings update, will the PDGA fill in all of the PDGA current people and then come up with the official ratings for this tourney?

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7521#Open

I think the ratings are a little low.

The PDGA doesn't fill them in, the TD does first when he sends in the report which apparently hasn't been done yet or maybe Dave's a bit behind in posting official results. The PDGA does check to see if PDGA numbers are correct or whether someone may have just joined and enters their new number that the TD wouldn't have known at the event.

If Mace filled out his TD report correctly and submitted it in time for the first 2008 update, then yes.

maceman
Feb 05 2008, 07:10 PM
Only a couple of things going on over here right now.....sorry.

Deadline is not up yet.

daltonseabolt
Feb 05 2008, 09:33 PM
I really like the course. Because it is only 3 miles from my house.It is a cool course it has brand new baskets and tee pads and lot of water but its a challengeing course.It will make your game better TRUST ME IT WILL.

Pogis
Feb 05 2008, 09:40 PM
Well it cant make your any worse little Seabolt!

okcacehole
Feb 05 2008, 09:57 PM
Now he has Haltom and A2 by the house..look out the kid is bringing up his game

:)

daltonseabolt
Feb 05 2008, 10:02 PM
i like having 2 courses now by my house

Pogis
Feb 05 2008, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah! Well I have Z boaz and Z boaz temp! :p

gotcha
Feb 06 2008, 12:22 PM
You guys can thank my wife for Z-Boaz and Arcadia....and just about everything else Mace Man has done for the sport.

My wife met Brian in 1990 while attending a college art class and soon introduced him to me. We quickly became friends and when I discovered disc golf in the summer of '91 (via Veterans Park), it was like the very next day I had Brian out there tossing plastic! We played nearly every day that summer before we eventually learned about organized events like the local minis, tournaments, the ADGA, etc. The rest, they say, is history.... :)

Love ya, Mace!

maceman
Feb 06 2008, 03:22 PM
It is true. It is all the fault of the Gotchers!! Two of the best friends I could ever have.

The Mid-week Event is now taking place at Arcadia No 2!!

The distance is 6836' if you are interested.

willyc
Feb 06 2008, 03:22 PM
Mace in a college class?!?!??! And a ART class at that! :cool:

okcacehole
Feb 06 2008, 07:11 PM
can someoone post up a link to a map to this place?

Big E
Feb 06 2008, 07:28 PM
ARCADIA TRAIL PARK (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&view=map&hl=en&q=Arcadia+TRAIL+Park&near= Fort+Worth,+TX&ie=UTF8)

okcacehole
Feb 06 2008, 07:46 PM
thanks..now where is the parking area for the course and what part of that land is the course on?

demrick
Feb 06 2008, 08:11 PM
Brian, where is the first tee at is relation to the parking lot?
I went by the other night on Monday, saw you leaving but couldn't get your attention, I drove over to the other side and parked off of Teal, then walked a few holes, seemed pretty easy to follow all in all.

okcacehole
Feb 06 2008, 08:30 PM
well you found the parking lot Dave..what road was that off of?

demrick
Feb 06 2008, 08:34 PM
Arcadia, lol
Adam, click on the link, then go to a satellite view, you can also park off of Arcadia Ct, or go to the other side on Park Trails Dr, within 40ft of several teeboxes

demrick
Feb 06 2008, 08:35 PM
headed over there right now, looked pretty easy to follow, we'll see how easy stumblin around in the dark is after a few beers

okcacehole
Feb 06 2008, 08:37 PM
same as it ever is :)

playing the mid-week Dave?

maceman
Feb 06 2008, 09:43 PM
Here is the course (http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2933) directory listing with all the info you need.

Enjoy :D

daltonseabolt
Feb 06 2008, 10:31 PM
well i shot a 52 today

woote01
Feb 06 2008, 10:52 PM
That the the course record youngster! good job. But I will get to play it for the first time tomorrow. It's going down, rookie! :D:D:D

woote01
Feb 06 2008, 11:05 PM
Here is the course (http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2933) directory listing with all the info you need.

Enjoy :D

Oh yeah!!!! That's what I'm talking about :cool::cool::cool:

I think Brian will be out there early tomorrow doing some finishing touches if anyone can help I'm sure it would be appreciated. :cool:Oh I forget, Biothes! :eek:

Feb 07 2008, 01:17 AM
Played this course today. It was a fun course. Although there is alot of walking between holes. Course is mostly wide open field. Grass is a little thick on most holes for the roller shot. A creek runs through the park, but only comes into play on a few holes. Sidewalks and beyond should be OB. There are only a few holes that the sidewalks should come into play. Concrete tee pads are always nice, but these are a little short for the shots you have to make. I think -12 would be a good score out there as long as your putting game was on and the wind wasn't blowing too much.
I think the pros that play this course at midweek will shoot somewhere between -6 and -10 for each round.

Nice job Brian. It is Great to have another course in our area.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

demrick
Feb 07 2008, 04:16 PM
what Brice said...
Kudos Mace

dryhistory
Feb 07 2008, 04:45 PM
anyone coming out today around 4pm?

Feb 07 2008, 05:03 PM
I will be there today sometime around 4:00

inHg
Feb 07 2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks Mace! had fun throwin' the inagural round. See ya at the big show!!!

AnotherSteve
Feb 07 2008, 11:08 PM
I will be Playing in the Morning if anyone wants to Play.

Feb 07 2008, 11:45 PM
Played this course again today with Shabookie, B-rad, and Ron Friday and I shot -6. This is a fun course to play.

my_hero
Feb 08 2008, 12:57 AM
48? sounds pretty good B. I walked the land in October with 'Tang and have only seen the tee signs & hole distances on Mace's computer recently. Is it a par 54? or 56?

Feb 08 2008, 09:47 AM
I don't know, but I played it as a par 54

shaunh
Feb 08 2008, 11:14 AM
I shot 56... Brice smoked it yesterday.
I dig it. Kinda reminds me of ol settlers in RR....

demrick
Feb 08 2008, 03:08 PM
lost a nice Pro Wraith in the water on 17 if anyone wants to go swimming, name and pdga # on it
no reward, so if you find it, you can return it or throw it, your choice, but I wouldn't mind getting it back

AnotherSteve
Feb 08 2008, 03:24 PM
lost a nice Pro Wraith in the water on 17 if anyone wants to go swimming, name and pdga # on it
no reward, so if you find it, you can return it or throw it, your choice, but I wouldn't mind getting it back

Took a look but didn't find it....

Tricky after14, have to walk back accross thr bridge to 15's pad. VERY windy but was glad to see the course before next Wednesday

willyc
Feb 11 2008, 11:20 AM
Looks like hole 17 is going to be vacuum for discs...lost a KC Pro Banshee in there on Sat while playing with Skip. We both went back on Sunday afternoon to look for it, and in the 30 minutes that we were there..about 4-5 other golfers put their disc in the water! Based on that avg. there should be about 100 discs in there by Wed. lol. :cool:

dryhistory
Feb 11 2008, 05:31 PM
Looks like hole 17 is going to be vacuum for discs...lost a KC Pro Banshee in there on Sat while playing with Skip. We both went back on Sunday afternoon to look for it, and in the 30 minutes that we were there..about 4-5 other golfers put their disc in the water! Based on that avg. there should be about 100 discs in there by Wed. lol. :cool:

there was a lady at CH this weekend talking about these water nets they make for ponds, to keep animals from going in a eating the fishes (like koye ponds i guess), anyways she was saying that could be used on specific parts of the creek to make disc easy to retrieve, dont know if it would work, but it sounded interesting....

willyc
Feb 11 2008, 05:55 PM
Skip and I talked about that but I think that the cost would be too great. On another note, yesterday afternoon the park was fairly busy...and it looked like playing hole 1 was out of the question. Too many people in between the teebox and the basket.

daltonseabolt
Feb 11 2008, 07:18 PM
to bad im a lefty but im going to go play to day i will check to see any thing

Feb 11 2008, 09:28 PM
to bad im a lefty but im going to go play to day i will check to see any thing

Lemme know if anybody comes across my son's brand new 150 leopard on 17. He really liked the disc , for the 2 hours he had it :0(

Feb 12 2008, 01:46 AM
I know who has that disc. We found it last Thursday.

my_hero
Feb 12 2008, 09:48 AM
there was a lady at CH this weekend talking about these water nets they make for ponds, to keep animals from going in a eating the fishes (like koye ponds i guess), anyways she was saying that could be used on specific parts of the creek to make disc easy to retrieve, dont know if it would work, but it sounded interesting....

Though i haven't seen the course with baskets yet i can tell you that net won't work. It will be gone after the very first torrent. While you are out there look at some of the clumps of trees farthest from the creek line. You'll notice trash, sticks, and other debris hanging 6 feet up....even 300 feet from the creek. That entire greenbelt probably becomes a level 5 whitewater rapids during a flash flood. I'm actually expecting the city is going to have to replace damaged baskets after the floods.

dryhistory
Feb 12 2008, 05:40 PM
that is true my-pharoah, that park is going to be soggy when it rains

Big E
Feb 12 2008, 05:54 PM
Speaking of that is anyone playing there around 530? I am planing on a round!

Feb 12 2008, 11:08 PM
I know who has that disc. We found it last Thursday.

May I have it back ?

shaunh
Feb 14 2008, 04:57 PM
Anybody got a map of the hole layout online...? I forgot to grab one yesterday at the midweek

daltonseabolt
Mar 02 2008, 10:57 AM
WOW!!!!!!!
ITS WINDY TODAY

demrick
Mar 05 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm going to play today around six if anyone can make it, you're welcome to join me

demrick
Mar 14 2008, 07:33 PM
looks like peewee soccer has started in the park, holes that were effected were, one, seven, seventeen and eighteen, almost unplayable, at least on Thrusday night stating around 5:30 or 6:00, not too sure about the other nights of the week

AnotherSteve
Mar 26 2008, 12:13 AM
Played the course today. Soccer was there but didn't effect our Game. Noticed when leaving #4 and 5 were full and wouldn't have been playable, again this was close to 7, that may be the key.

The course took another one of my discs. Same **** 17 which took my Roadrunner during the Midweek took a Roadrunner I purchased with my winnings from the Midweek. A cycle I want to Stop!!

Mar 26 2008, 09:37 AM
Played the course today. Soccer was there but didn't effect our Game. Noticed when leaving #4 and 5 were full and wouldn't have been playable, again this was close to 7, that may be the key.

The course took another one of my discs. Same **** 17 which took my Roadrunner during the Midweek took a Roadrunner I purchased with my winnings from the Midweek. A cycle I want to Stop!!

Want to stop that cycle ?
Throw a mid range off the tee, play smart , hope for a 3 , play for the 4 .

dryhistory
Mar 26 2008, 12:19 PM

wise words, i lost 2 discs on that evil 17 in one day, if the wind is blowing right to left you better be left handed.

AnotherSteve
Mar 26 2008, 08:17 PM

Yes Sir

Pogis
Mar 27 2008, 12:54 AM
wise words, i lost 2 discs on that evil 17 in one day, if the wind is blowing right to left you better be left handed.

HAHAHA!! Just throw a pred! Its that simple. :D