emerald_isle
Feb 01 2008, 11:50 PM
Emerald Isle Open '08
Link for entry form
EIEIO '08 (http://www.eieio.rhett.net/)

We sell out fast :D

ANHYZER
Feb 02 2008, 12:08 AM
I'm in! Looking forward to the new holes, when can I come try them?

emerald_isle
Feb 02 2008, 12:26 AM
We tryed the new holes today :D

ANHYZER
Feb 02 2008, 12:30 AM
Nice...I should be able to make it over there next week.

emerald_isle
Feb 02 2008, 12:32 AM
Hopefully the range is clear when you come....Sorry Scot you left right before we tryed new holes

quickdisc
Feb 02 2008, 02:30 AM
Please tell me about the New holes !!!!!

scot
Feb 04 2008, 02:26 PM
skip is outta town for the next week so he wont be able answer any posts until his return. he asked me to answer what i can until he gets back.

what i can tell you is there will be 4 new holes added. 3 of them will be added to the golf driving range area and 1 will be added playing up to ballgolf hole 1 tee pad from cement area off of practice green. thats the last word i got on it.....

Feb 04 2008, 04:08 PM
My name is still not on the registered player's list...Hook it up Rhett!

omarroper
Feb 04 2008, 09:37 PM
Skip or Scot
What are the rules concerning the red stakes. In golf, they are considered hazard, not OB. Are they OB for the EIEIO?

Also, when can someone practice the extra holes?

grizzly09
Feb 05 2008, 01:09 AM
I see that CENT has an alter ego, PENCE. Very interesting.

rizbee
Feb 05 2008, 12:36 PM
I see that CENT has an alter ego, PENCE. Very interesting.

He gets bored.

ANHYZER
Feb 05 2008, 01:30 PM
I used to have 11 alter egos created to pester people, but I stopped using them after I grew up a bit.

Actually, I forgot the login and passwords....

scot
Feb 06 2008, 03:17 PM
Skip or Scot
What are the rules concerning the red stakes. In golf, they are considered hazard, not OB. Are they OB for the EIEIO?

Also, when can someone practice the extra holes?

any stakes around course perimeter and lakes are considered ob boundary markers, regardless of color. lakes are full to the brim, so in some cases the stakes may be submerged, we will see by tourny time.

when skip gets back i will hit him up about practicing those extra holes. most likely we will have to do that late afternoon when the driving range isnt in use. i'll keep you up on it....

kittenchick
Feb 17 2008, 12:17 AM
my dad wanted everyone to know that were up to 60 people ......

emerald_isle
Feb 17 2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the update Megan

flyboy
Feb 19 2008, 12:12 PM
The course does not need any extra holes bad idea...

rizbee
Feb 19 2008, 04:24 PM
Sour grapes.

Skip and Rhett have added the extra holes mostly so more people can participate in this great event. Every year there is more demand for the EIEIO and they have found a way to allow more players to play. These holes are not as good as the original 18, but they are better than many of the holes we play at other venues. Thank you, Skip and Rhett for your creativity and interest in providing more fun for the players.

csrenda79
Feb 19 2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I think that was unnecessary. Kudos to Rhett and Skip for the work they do to put on this event, we all know there are too few sanctioned events in San Diego.

emerald_isle
Feb 20 2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback
Rhett I'm sure would ditto if he could
Grain of salt gets bitter after a while /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

flyboy
Feb 20 2008, 01:08 PM
The course is shut down for the day.Change the format, this is not a park.You could start all the players, from hole 1, the way the course is designed to be played ,like golf...... After finishing the course on hole 18 take your lunch break .Cards come every 7 to 10 min. I have dont this format before and it works well..Lead group is last card most players can watch most of the lead card final round.And tournament people have plenty of time to do most all of the scores before they come in..It is daylight savings time you have till 8:00.. And get rid of any final 7 or 9...This is no bash on the event, remember who designed the 18, and was the result of this course ever happening...I love this course and its staff .....I do hope to play, if I am not in fla ,installing another golf course....f18 ;)

csrenda79
Feb 20 2008, 02:31 PM
Like a little cheese with that whine?

emerald_isle
Feb 22 2008, 04:49 AM
Breakfast this year will be:
Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits with sausage gravey $5
Served from 6:30am til tournament start

emerald_isle
Feb 23 2008, 01:39 AM
Up to 76 sign-ups

Bad news, Good News to some:
Big Tree left of 18 green as you look from tee pad
Fell Down

rizbee
Feb 23 2008, 05:07 AM
I'll bet it was a lefty...or someone who throws sidearm...

emerald_isle
Feb 24 2008, 09:37 AM
Message from Rhett:

We're up to 84 players and on-line registration is now turned off. Sign up now if you want to play! It would be sweet to sell-out before the end fo February so I could order trophies that early. :)

emerald_isle
Feb 27 2008, 03:48 AM
From Rhett:

Yowza! A huge flood of entries today puts us at 97.

Maybe we will sell out before February is over...

ANHYZER
Feb 27 2008, 01:01 PM
Nice! What is the record attendance for MPO?

ANHYZER
Feb 29 2008, 01:41 PM
MESSAGE FROM RHETT:

We're now full.

To get on the wait-list, please mail in a completed entry form WITHOUT payment. The wait-list will go by post-mark date and then PDGA number for a tie-breaker, per PDGA guidelines. I'll contact you later about how to make payment if you end up getting in. I will not be mixing cards with players who will be using different tee-pads at the tourney, so there will be two wait-lists: one for Long Pad divisions and one for Mixed Pad divisions. If a Long Pad player drops out, the top position on the Long Pad wait-list will get the spot, and if a Mixed Pad player drops out, the top position on the Mixed Pad wait-list will get in.

There's still a long time to go before the tourney, so go ahead and send in a registration form without payment to get on the waitlist. Who knows how many people will have to drop out.

The on-line registration list shows 4 spots remaining, but I'm going to wait until Wednesday to post the final list to let earlier post-marks get to me. We are full.

Anyone who drops off an entry form at my house will get the next day's postmark, so it's better to put them in the mail.

omarroper
Mar 31 2008, 08:02 PM
The EIEIO was a blast. There is an article posted on the San Diego Aces Website.

http://sandiegoaces.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81

Here is my favorite part.
"The San Diego Aces DESTROYED the competition with First Place Finishes in the Open Men, Open Women, Masters, Senior Grandmasters, Advanced Men, Advanced Masters, Advanced Grandmasters, Intermediate Men, Intermediate Women and Junior Men divisions."
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Way to go Aces...

discette
Apr 04 2008, 11:37 AM
Here is a link to a video at DiscgolfersR.us. It is on the Emerald Isle club page. There are two videos on the site from the EIEIO last weekend.

EIEIO video (http://discgolfer.ning.com/video/video/show?id=1809917%3AVideo%3A187291)

csrenda79
Apr 05 2008, 09:18 PM
It's got an awesome shot of my beanie flying through the air, and my disc "Gomez"ing off the basket.