Joe
Jan 29 2008, 05:29 PM
Just got word of the following:
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
WHAT: CRYSTAL HILLS PARK MASTER PLAN
WHEN: WED. FEB. 27, 2008 AT 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: CITY OF LEON VALLEY CITY HALL
6400 EL VERDE ROAD @ BANDERA ROAD

This is a joint venture with SA and LV. I don't know the acreage, but will find out before then.

JerryChesterson
Jan 29 2008, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah! SA is the place to be for Disc Golf.

opereida
Jan 29 2008, 06:11 PM
With 59 SADC Members, I'm sure we can get lots of us out to this meeting. Just think...........Worlds.....Maybe......Someday? :o

SAP
Jan 29 2008, 06:26 PM
Now you're talking! :cool:I'll get the word out!

vinnie
Jan 30 2008, 11:10 AM
Worlds ...who said that?

JerryChesterson
Jan 30 2008, 11:38 AM
Worlds ...who said that?

http://www.royalreim.com/public/ImgEditor/the%20world%20island.jpg

Joe
Feb 13 2008, 12:07 AM
Crystal Hills Park basic info:
*Approx. 40 acres
*Most if not all in a flood plain
Will keep you posted....

jimbob8
Feb 15 2008, 09:29 PM
With 59 SADC Members, I'm sure we can get lots of us out to this meeting. Just think...........Worlds.....Maybe......Someday? :o

WOW 59 members, think of the work day we could have with that. I smell progress. ;)

opereida
Feb 15 2008, 09:37 PM

WOW 59 members, think of the work day we could have with that. I smell progress. ;)

It's has grown +20 since then. :eek: We are up to 79 SADC Members. :eek: Only 21 Bag Tags left...who wants one. :D

Grog
Feb 15 2008, 10:16 PM
Who has bag tag #1 now?

hardways78222
Feb 16 2008, 10:27 AM
I do, well 1 +30 anyway!

JHouston
Feb 16 2008, 01:02 PM
Nice work on holes 7 and 12 Jim Bob keep up the good work! :D;)

jimbob8
Feb 16 2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks , I gotta redo the steps to the bridge on 18.

jimbob8
Feb 16 2008, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah, my buddy brought out 3 trash cans the other day. Not sure what holes he put them on. I think my patna brought 2 as well. I have 1 I will bring out also.

opereida
Feb 16 2008, 05:29 PM
Scott has been communicating with the city about trash cans for McClain. They are going to intall them and also empty the cans. I believe they will be like the one at the pavillion. Maybe we can use the ones you all are taking out there as "Can's Only" ones after the install. I can take the aluminum cans to get cash for the club.

JHouston
Feb 17 2008, 04:03 PM
I put one out on 10 the other day hopefully it didnt blow away

opereida
Feb 17 2008, 10:15 PM
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

This is a joint venture with SA and LV. I don't know the acreage, but will find out before then.

Is there any new info on this (acreage)?

Stacey and I went on a bike ride today on the Mission Trail Bike Route. We came across Padre Park which was established in the 1980's. There is lots of land for a pretty good Disc Golf Course and we could probably put one there without much clearing (if any). This park has it all...Picnic Tables, Restrooms, Parking, BBQ Pits, Etc. This park is also being well maintained. The area where we could propose a course is even being mowed. I just got to thinking, why don't we pursue established parks within the city to maybe get a course installed. These new parks are so primitive and would cost the city much more money. I know I have heard more than one person say we should "finish" the courses we already have before we pursue others. I Agree!!! Let them put more money into McClain and Pearsall because these courses are here right now. Today McClain is in very good shape but remember how it was this summer. There is still lots of things SAPAR hasn't done out there (brush piles and more). The older parks are already on a mow shedule and are higher on the "priority list". I am not saying not to try and get a course at these new parks but let's also think about these others with lots of land that are already being maintained. These are just my thoughts.

Joe
Feb 18 2008, 10:33 AM
Crystal Hills
Approximately 40 acres in predominately flood plain sloping towards Huebner Creek.

jimbob8
Feb 19 2008, 12:07 AM
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

Is there any new info on this (acreage)?

Stacey and I went on a bike ride today on the Mission Trail Bike Route. We came across Padre Park which was established in the 1980's. There is lots of land for a pretty good Disc Golf Course and we could probably put one there without much clearing (if any). This park has it all...Picnic Tables, Restrooms, Parking, BBQ Pits, Etc. This park is also being well maintained. The area where we could propose a course is even being mowed. I just got to thinking, why don't we pursue established parks within the city to maybe get a course installed. These new parks are so primitive and would cost the city much more money. I know I have heard more than one person say we should "finish" the courses we already have before we pursue others. I Agree!!! Let them put more money into McClain and Pearsall because these courses are here right now. Today McClain is in very good shape but remember how it was this summer. There is still lots of things SAPAR hasn't done out there (brush piles and more). The older parks are already on a mow shedule and are higher on the "priority list". I am not saying not to try and get a course at these new parks but let's also think about these others with lots of land that are already being maintained. These are just my thoughts.

Hell yeah, welcome all new course opportunities, I agree too, if we clean and take just a little pride in the courses we already have and need the love, the people will play. We played today and there were 3 groups of 4 new faces that we saw and spoke with. I pledge to fix 18 right and will personally sponsor hole 12 until it looks like something we all want to play. So if you get inspired by that, I challange each member to pick a hole or pathway. The rocks are right there and (not to boast) the 3 small projects I have done have only taken 1hr a day. There are some cool folks out there finding the time, benches, trash cans, brush etc... let's continue to inspire. Sorry, I'm all fired up about my inspirations for hole 12 and the other rocks I see. Only time will tell...IS IT IN YOU?

Grog
Feb 19 2008, 12:51 AM
MC is really attracting the locals right now. I was just practicing putts last night and believe me I need it. :(

A guy with a few of his kids came walking through from 2. He was carrying a regular frisbee, he came up to me and said, "Man, I really like your park." I was speechless, not often that happens. :D

I usually don't take compliments well, but I was so filled with pride with what we've accomplished as a group I just have to pass it on to my SADC brothers and sisters.

krazyeye
Feb 19 2008, 12:53 AM
Y'all have done well. I would love to bring my kid up there for a work day she needs the DISCipline.

Joe
Feb 25 2008, 10:32 PM
Just a reminder:

PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

This is a joint venture with SA and LV.

Joe
Feb 28 2008, 12:06 AM
The meeting lasted only 1 hour with about 20 residents in attendance. A BIG thanks to Scott, Paul and Dave (with full golf cart) for making their presence known.

JerryChesterson
Feb 28 2008, 12:46 PM
WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP ON THIS

Below you'll find a link to the materials presented at the meeting. You'll also find a survey. The survey is used to gauge public interest in what facilities are needed at the park. We need every disc golfer to find out the survey and email it to Scott Stover by March 21, 2008. The results of the survey are the major factor in determining which facilities are included in the park. I'll have hard copies at both the McClain and UC Minis this weekend too. If you don't have access to email simply fill it out and give it to me. I'll send it in for you. We need to overwhelm the city to show that we want more disc golf courses. This course is likely several years away because the park has no funding available today, but getting a disc golf course in the master plan in important to securing funding for the future.

Meeting Materials: www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/CrystallHillsMeetingMaterials.pdf (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/CrystallHillsMeetingMaterials.pdf)
Survey: www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/CrystalHillsSurvey.doc (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/CrystalHillsSurvey.doc)

TXZRX1100
Feb 28 2008, 07:40 PM
It was one of those fate things. I met the Mayor at a home inspection, and asked her aboutthe meeting. I told her how dosc golfers will "adopt" the course and start making a walking trail through the course. Like everything involved with this project, it is going to take time. She was very interested in how fast the course could be installed. Scott Stevens, the park designer is all for it already. He understands the security value of having people throughout the park. Swings/playground only utilize a very small part of the park. When the widening of Leon creek is complete, this is going to be one spectacular disc golf park.
I even told her about the economic development that would be associated with having Worlds held in San Antonio.
EVERY DISC GOLFER:
Please fill out the survey and consider all of the fantastic ways this area can be utilized...disc golf....
Thanks!!
Dr. Safety

Joe
Mar 08 2008, 01:47 PM
18, 27, 36, or 54 hmm...
What are our chances?
Could Christmas come early?

Paul Taylor
Mar 08 2008, 05:19 PM
18, 27, 36, or 54 hmm...
What are our chances?
Could Christmas come early?

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to throw
On a course within the city.

Joe
Mar 14 2008, 04:49 PM
Last October I was approached by a fellow board member about his interest in discgolf at McAllister Park. In February, we talked again and he said the Friends of McAllister Park (quasi-board) would like to hear more information and asked that I attend their next meeting.

I asked Paul if he would be interested in meeting with the group and after the Voelcker meeting last week, we set up a time to meet at the park for a walk through of the site. Last night Paul made a great presentation to the Friends board. There were a lot a good questions and encouraging feedback.

In the next few months, we are going to continue the communications with the board and get them out to the park for a temporary layout. After this, we will meet with city officials and with their blessing, it will go before the Parks Board.

Once we meet with the city officials, it will be determined where the funding will come from i.e., existing bond money and/or possibly matching funds from the Friends of McAllister or even the SA Parks Foundation.

So far as to the design/layout, there will be a fair to great chance that it will be done by DISCGOLFERS! I believe once 18 is laid out we could show that another 18 would fit nicely as well.

There is approximately 1000 acres throughout the entire park. The area for the course(s) would be from the main drive (coming off Starcrest) up to the dam and west of the new soccer fields. There is a nice seasonal (mostly dry) creek bed with lots of mature oaks.

I will keep you posted from the city's side as we progress.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

JerryChesterson
Mar 14 2008, 05:00 PM
McAllister Park + Disc Golf designed by Frolfers = Potential for one the top courses in the area. :D

McAllister is definately PDGA (Potential Disc Golf Area)

SAP
Mar 14 2008, 05:04 PM
Awesome........FYI........ <font color="blue">Ultimate Frisbee is played there every Sunday at 3pm. Although, it's not the same sport but, could be used to demonstrate alternative sports that are being played out there.

<font color="green">Thanks a bunch you guys :D Many dreams are coming true :cool:

JerryChesterson
Mar 14 2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone who is interested in trying Ultimate let me know. I'm looking to get and play (its been a long time) and can always use some moral support. Be fore warned, ultimate is basically soccer with a frisbee so it takes a lot of energy.

SAP
Mar 14 2008, 06:11 PM
I've been telling Bird I'd like to try it. I'm an ex-soccer junkie and I know I'll like Ultimate. I'm down.......just gotta check with the lungs ;) <font color="red">Sounds like fun!!!

JerryChesterson
Mar 14 2008, 06:34 PM
Good Deep

http://www.stonyfield.com/weblogarchives/DailyScoop/Gary%20Frisbee.jpg

SAP
Mar 17 2008, 03:52 PM
From the desk of nomoregriplock:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/health/stories/MYSA031708.01P.LifeMoves.26933b8.html

WAY COOL :cool::D :)

JerryChesterson
Jun 02 2008, 02:51 PM
Ladies &amp; Gentlemen:

My name is Jamaal Moreno and I am a project manager for the COSA Parks Dept. I will be working on the Crystal Hills Park Master Plan with you, taking the place of Scott Stover who moved on to other professional endeavors. I have attached a public meeting notice for the next meeting regarding the Crystal Hills Master Plan. Please share this notice with neighbors and friends, and if someone you know didn't get this email but would like to receive future mailings regarding this park, please have them email me for a meeting notice request.
__________________________________________________ ______
What: CRYSTAL HILLS PARK � MASTER PLAN Purpose: To receive public input and comment on Master Plan Options for the development of new amenities at Crystal Hills Park
When: Thursday, June 26, 2008 at 7:00 P.M.
Where: City of Leon Valley - City Hall 6400 El Verde Road. @ Bandera Road
Contact: Jamaal Moreno, Landscape Architect 207-6924 Please notify your neighborhood membership and/or other interested individuals of this park improvements meeting. __________________________________________________ ______
As far as the project is concerned, I am currently working on a couple of Master Plan scenarios and will share them with you at this next meeting. We are also planning an "open house" for the Saturday after the meeting (6/28) on the park site so mark your calendars (more info to come on that one). If you should have any questions or concerns regarding this project in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

JAMAAL MORENO
Special Projects Coordinator
Park Project Services Division
Parks &amp; Recreation Department
City of San Antonio
(p) 210-207-6924 (f) 210-207-2720
[email protected]

Joe
Jun 03 2008, 01:05 AM
Who will be attending the meeting?

Paul Taylor
Jun 03 2008, 08:08 AM
Who will be attending the meeting?

As far as I know, I will be there. I put it on the calendar yesterday when I got the email from SAPAR.

JerryChesterson
Jun 03 2008, 09:17 AM
I'll be there

Paul Taylor
Jun 27 2008, 12:26 AM
I attended the meeting between the city of San Antonio Parks and Recreation and the City of Leon Valley this evening. What a meeting, cordial, small town atmosphere where you felt welcome.

I walked into the meeting room and BANG, up on the wall are three possible master plans. All of the master plans are still a work in progress, but BANG. Outlined in yellow on all three plans was at least 10 acres set aside for a DISC GOLF course. Only one negative remark was made about disc golf and when I spoke to the problem that the guy had, he was very welcoming of the idea of what disc golf brought to the park. His concern was that in the last plan, the disc golf course had its own entrance and there was not a trail from that entrance to the rest of the park. I quickly pointed out that we would be there to co-exist with the park and not take over the park. Jamaal Moreno was very receptive to the idea also. I talked with Jamaal after the meeting and he was thinkg about making disc golf part of phase 1 in the construction of the park. I told him to wait for phase 2 and for him to get the trails and other amenities built in the park and have the park ready to use as soon as possible. In phase 2 we could design the course around the existing trails that were put into place in phase 1. This would allow all to have a safer place to be.

Jamaal seems to be very receptive to the idea of disc golf and could be a strong voice for us in the future.

I will let you know more as the next meetings are held.

JerryChesterson
Jun 27 2008, 09:38 AM
Good news Pual. Thanks for Representing!!! I know at the last meeting they said funding was an issue for this park. Did they mention any of that?

Paul Taylor
Jun 27 2008, 12:36 PM
As of now, there is no funding, just a concept. Once the concept is formalized SAPAR will go to the City Councel of funding. But there are several hoops to jump through before that happens. Minella would probably be better to ask that question of.

Joe
Jun 27 2008, 12:44 PM
Since last Friday, there have been a couple of significant changes with Live Oak and San Antonio.

First, in Live Oak, Debra Lally is moving up to the City Managers office effective next Monday. If you need anything from LO with regards to parks and recreation, let me know, and I will find the right contact.

Second, the director of parks and recreation for the city of San Antonio resigned his position last Friday. There is an interim director, but for contact purposes, it would be best to stick with Richard Hurd.

JerryChesterson
Jun 27 2008, 01:52 PM
Since last Friday, there have been a couple of significant changes with Live Oak and San Antonio.

First, in Live Oak, Debra Lally is moving up to the City Managers office effective next Monday. If you need anything from LO with regards to parks and recreation, let me know, and I will find the right contact.

Second, the director of parks and recreation for the city of San Antonio resigned his position last Friday. There is an interim director, but for contact purposes, it would be best to stick with Richard Hurd.

Thanks for the info!

Joe
Jul 29 2008, 12:14 PM
During Last night's Park Board meeting, I learned that Richard Hurd is no longer with SA Parks and Rec. Their interim Park Ops. Manager (our contact) is Victor Valdez. 207-3037.

I met with Mr. Valdez afterwards about the conditions of McClain. I brought to his attention the trash can at #16 and also debris removal throughout the park. He said they will get on the trash and that they would devise a plan for the debris removal. I did not get the chance to talk about the bridge(s) though.

opereida
Jul 29 2008, 01:44 PM
I have already taken care of the trash on Hole #16. They were emptying all cans except that one. It is now on the schedule. I also emailed the City Councilman for District 10 about what has been going on at McClain Park since it opened. I stated how we need bridges and also other things to do in the park other than Disc Golf. They (SAPAR) are doing a heck of alot more out at McClain compared to last year, they even made Tee Signs to replace the stolen ones. I am also working with Alma with SAPAR to get an estimate on how much a bridge on Hole 18 would cost. They always say they have a lack of funds, so I said we could probably help with the costs. I will keep everyone informed on the status of these issues at McClain. Thanks for the info Joe.

JerryChesterson
Jul 29 2008, 01:55 PM
I have already taken care of the trash on Hole #16. They were emptying all cans except that one. It is now on the schedule. I also emailed the City Councilman for District 10 about what has been going on at McClain Park since it opened. I stated how we need bridges and also other things to do in the park other than Disc Golf. They (SAPAR) is doing a heck of alot more out at McClain compared to last year, they even made Tee Signs to replace the stolen ones. I am also working with Alma with SAPAR to get an estimate on how much a bridge on Hole 18 would cost. They always say they have a lack of funds, so I said we could probably help with the costs. I will keep everyone informed on the status of these issues at McClain. Thanks for the info Joe.

Thanks dude. I had sent a couple emails to Richard about the trash cans ... now it makes sense why he hasn't responded.

Jul 30 2008, 12:23 PM
Hey kids - if any of you have free time today &amp; or Thursday, we need a hand. The boxes are being installed at Wilco &amp; the concrete truck arrives today &amp; Thursday @ 3pm. The Double R could sure use a few extra hands - just show up, there will be pleanty to do. Thanx if you're able to help out. :) Sunday will be the 1st mini with concrete pads @ Wilco if you can make that. :)

Lala
Jul 30 2008, 12:25 PM
Hey kids - if any of you have free time today &amp; or Thursday, we need a hand. The boxes are being installed at Wilco &amp; the concrete truck arrives today &amp; Thursday @ 3pm. The Double R could sure use a few extra hands - just show up, there will be pleanty to do. Thanx if you're able to help out. :) Sunday will be the 1st mini with concrete pads @ Wilco if you can make that. :)

ishkatbible
Aug 12 2008, 10:04 AM
i was at mcclain yesterday and this couple were walking around seeming lost. they said they were with the city looking at the layout for ideas about where and how to put a course at mac arthur.

another course coming soon!!!!!!!!

Paul Taylor
Aug 12 2008, 12:44 PM
i was at mcclain yesterday and this couple were walking around seeming lost. they said they were with the city looking at the layout for ideas about where and how to put a course at mac arthur.

another course coming soon!!!!!!!!

If this was an older couple, 50ish, then they were there looking at what a park through trees and brush is like. Several of us have been in talks with the powers to be about putting in a couple of courses at Mc Allister Park north of the airport.

We met with them this last Sunday morning and walked some of the potential areas. The couple that you met were representatives of the mountain bike club that is mainly located at McAllister. Their insight about trails and what is used and how we can work with them was invaluable. We told them to go and check out McClain and walk the course to see the shape and construction of the course. They had been to Live Oak earlier and done their homework on the PDGA. They are very interested in working with us.

This is just the beginning of this project and we will be bringing in more dg'ers as the timeline progresses. Right now we are just gathering facts about the parks and potential areas.

We did layout several potential holes so that we could show them what we did and how we work to coexist with the other park users, but none of those holes are permanent.

We are on the move to get more courses, Voelker, Crystal Hills and McAllister are good prospective courses in the works right now.

ishkatbible
Aug 12 2008, 02:51 PM
yeah mcallister... that's what i meant... sorry about that

opereida
Aug 12 2008, 07:57 PM
More courses is awesome but I still say the city needs to put more money into McClain. I would rather have courses we can actually play then have some that get installed and then get forgotten. McClain still needs bridges installed, piles removed, restrooms, running water, etc: I'm not saying don't pursue getting other courses installed but also let them know about the maintenance that comes along with the course. It costs money and SAPAR always talks about lack of funds. There are so many parks in San Antonio and they continue to get more land donated to them for parks. I still say to look at parks that are already established and are being mowed to get courses in. Let's focus on what we already have first. Let them know we want our current courses taken care of before we have another situation like we did with McClain.....No maintenance at all. :(

Paul Taylor
Aug 12 2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry you feel that way, but we need to keep moving.

opereida
Aug 12 2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry you feel that way, but we need to keep moving.

And we need to keep moving to get McClain maintained. Am I the only one who thinks McClain should be our Priority? :confused: Have you played there recently? :confused: We need to get more money there before anywhere else. I didn't say STOP moving.

wheresdave
Aug 13 2008, 03:00 PM
I thought that was why SADC was formed? Let Paul and others keep pressing SAPAR for more course and have SADC press the issue and concerns at McClain.
We have had the same issues at UC but because of LODGA those issue have been taken care of.
Concern yourself semi luck at McClain at least you havnt had to buy baskets for your course like LODGA had to for UC.

I may deny ever saying this but Great Job Paul and all other involved in get more course in SA. :D

Joe
Aug 13 2008, 04:52 PM
I agree that maintenance and construction should be planned out when a new park is developed. However, with a larger city it is more difficult to keep up with the demand. As much as I hate putting the cart before the horse, ANYTIME parkland can be purchased or developed before the parks dept. is ready, the city needs to capitalized on it. In my many years of working for cities, the parks dept. is usually at or near the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to funding.

Whenever a new activity is introduced to an existing park and it was not budgeted for, it will take a good while to get the maintenance and development up to par. Having an opportunity to add other courses throughout the city is a small window we have now and it would be in our best interest to take advantage.

Leadership. As in Live Oak, unless the Mayor/City Manager/Parks Director are involved in some capacity, it will be difficult to get the course(s) established to the level they should be. My advise, contact your park board rep., your council rep. and Mayor Hardberger. The Mayor is a staunch supporter of parks and recreation and we only have him for one more year.

I will keep talking with the city as well. To see dangerous situations continue to not be corrected is inexcusable.

SAP
Aug 13 2008, 07:37 PM
Honestly, if the disc golf community isn't happy then we are doing nothing for the sport as a whole. It's taken several of us to move disc golf, in SA, into the light. Now that we have shed some light on our "higher ups" in the city, maybe they too can help build a stronger foundation for the sport here in SA (with letters of concerns already written). Yes, of course I'd like to see DG everywhere. But, there are matters that should be addressed first, like safety. How many of y'all have been out to McClain and blazed threw your water? Where do you refill? Not the school. How many of you have used that small board to cross on hole 18? All clubs do what they can to help build courses but, a line has to be drawn when it comes to funds. We can't always be bailing out the city with our hard earned money and club support. That really doesn't inspire anyone.....yeah, play this sport but, be prepared to dish out some money to install new baskets and tee pads or whatever. Of course, us DG addicts will do anything but, we would only be thinking of ourselves and not the dozens of new players I see everyday at McClain and they are the future of DG. What family wants to take their kids out for an expereince that may not be safe in? Heat and no water is a safety issue. Some may think who cares, I play it and I'm still alive. For me that doesn't show our future players much. The City needs to take more responsibility because if they don't, I'm not sure if they really care about DG but, only what looks good on the "higher ups" resume....I accomplished this so,Vote me! Don't get me wrong I love what some can do but, in the same token, I can't stand half arse projects. Or maybe we just aren't proposing with everthing in mind. Maybe we should invite these "higher ups" out for a round at McClain, just maybe...from what we keeping proposing, they'll understand what this sport requires. Talking doesn't provide the expereince! I believe Viviane was on to something when she made the individuals she proposed to play and get the feel of what this sport is.....and not just say approved....show up for opening day....cut the ribbon....say a few words.....leave and never come back. This excludes Joe Painter!!! He's a man in a city that has influenced a generation of his own!!!! I don't see UC or SA in that picture or did I ever hear UC say, we'll replace those baskets (maybe they did, I don't know). I think if we keep promoting half arse projects, just to get courses in......then we are only thinking of oureselves. How many people have you run across that say, disc what? I'll enlighten as many but, I'd like to know their getting the expereince they deserve.....in a safe enviroment. Then they'll bring more families and then, as a community, we are spreading the word of the sport we all LOVE, then by popular demand......more courses! Just my PEACE.

McAllister is a good proposal, water &amp; bathrooms are already established.

Grog
Aug 14 2008, 12:04 AM
This is when we need to get our neighborhoods involved. Right now we're just a bunch of belly aching disc golfers to the city, also known as special interest. I suppose the city doesn't think we get thirsty or use restrooms...but if other taxpayers were involved we become part of the majority. McClain is a good size tract of land, it goes from O'Connor to Judson. There is plenty of room for ball diamonds, soccer fields, pavillions, and oh yeah PARKING! Bird and I have both dealt with NEISD and their story changes each time we call.

This is hard for me to say as well but I agree with Dave. Paul has my total support in the quest for new courses. Not just because I consider him a friend (Quack Quack), but I also have enough faith in him to point out to the city the short comings at McC and convince them not to make the same mistakes.

I firmly believe that all is not lost with McC we just need to find some help from the surrounding neighborhoods ie Homeowners Associations, PTA from the surrounding schools, (there are 3 schools on the short stretch of Knoll Creek plus Madison High School). Instead of worrying about the guy taking pictures of us playing DG, lets get his butt off the sofa and out in the fresh air. Show him his kids have a place to play, run, etc.

I like McClain, sure it's rough and needs work but there were a lot of DGers that worked hard to get it here period. The least we can do is keep it going.