JerryChesterson
Jan 24 2008, 08:10 PM
Remember that Boy Scout that came out to the mini and said he was going to replacethe signs at UC as his Eagle Scout project? My check for $25 from back in August just got cashed. I think that means the signs are being worked on! :D

DISConnected
Jan 24 2008, 08:33 PM
I was told by my contact back in the fall that we could expect the signs to be out this spring.

DISConnected
Apr 15 2008, 10:06 AM
Several weeks ago I was contacted by Parents of Texas Military Institute about a Saturday morning mini for about 30 kids and 5-10 parents. The kids are 10th graders.

The mini is this Saturday, April 19th from 9am-noon. We will be meeting at the pavilion near hole 1.

Jimbob and Bill Karshis have graciously stepped up to help. We plan to have a short clinic and intro to disc golf followed by a round of 7-8 holes (the front of UC). They will be playing doubles or maybe triples.

<font color="red"> We could really use a few volunteers to help with getting groups to their tee boxes and showing them each hole. If you could spare a couple of hours helping introduce these kids to disc golf, please PM me.</font>

Many thanks!!!!!

DISConnected
Apr 15 2008, 01:32 PM
BTW, breakfast tacos for all volunteers... :D

DISConnected
Apr 19 2008, 02:18 PM
We had a little lower turnout than we expected, due to other activities, but had a great time this morning with about 12-15 TMI kids and 6-8 parents. We were relieved to find out the turnout was lower, because 35 or 40 would have been tough our first time to do this.

We had a short clinic followed by an amazing demonstration of what world-class doubles should look like. Then we turned them loose on the course for 9 holes, everyone playing with aviars.

Some of these kids have real talent...and several parents, too!

I think everyone had a good time, and these kids will go back and tell their friends about it. The parents were already talking about putting another round together.

Last but not least, the parents chipped in $60 to pay for our time, which we will be donating to the basket fund.

Many thanks to Jimbob, Greg G, and Joe M for stepping up to help! I could not have done it without you.

Joe
Apr 19 2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks to you Brian for putting this together! Always have a blast teaching the game!!

Grog
Apr 19 2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks Brian for letting me be a part of it. It seems everyone had a great time, and I would gladly do it again.

G

jimbob8
Apr 20 2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that was fun. Glad the weather perfect. Thanks fellas for pulling this off, success! I'm in for the next one! Those kids did way better than I expected, 2 on my card(1 boy and 1 could be LOLO ) had natural talent, with a little practice and guidence they'll be some real playas. Hope the parents had fun enough to continue to support these kids who loved it. :cool::cool:

CGPRush
Apr 24 2008, 12:38 PM
Nice job, guys!

Now, explain please:

amazing demonstration of what world-class doubles should look like