chuckles
Jan 24 2008, 08:04 PM
My friend and I have been talking with the city council of Junction to put in a course in the city and county park. We just got permission to do so and they are talking about possibly 24 holes. :cool: The city council was real interested about how many people would come to play and they want to hold tourneys also. I am going there this weekend to do a preliminary layout. The park is a big pecan bottom with the Llano River running through the middle of it. I will keep everyone posted on the details as they come in. :DCan anyone say <font color="red"> ROAD TRIP </font> !!!!!!!

JerryChesterson
Jan 24 2008, 08:43 PM
Nice!

scoop
Jan 29 2008, 01:14 AM
I'm make that road trip .... I like the town of Junction.

Good luck with getting a course put in!

chuckles
Feb 14 2008, 11:32 PM
The course jumped another hurdle!!! :D Just need to get final vote on money for the build. Going down there this weekend to start laying out holes. :cool:

chuckles
May 05 2008, 10:58 PM
We got the approval to build in Junction!!!!!!!!! :cool: 24 Holes for sure and I think I can stretch the money out to get 27 Holes. I will keep everyone posted on build dates and when the first minis will start. :D

LouMoreno
May 05 2008, 11:02 PM
Nice work, Charlie.

mitchjustice
May 06 2008, 12:56 AM
Good Work Chuckels...let us know what we can help with :D

chuckles
May 07 2008, 03:48 AM
Hmmm..... I don't know, maybe have a HOTT '09 tourney there! /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I have a hole-in-one shot that I would love to see done. Before we get too excited, we have to get final approval from the county to install but since we got preapproved and I know most of the men involved, I see a new course in the ground by end of summer!!!!!!! :D

chuckles
May 22 2008, 09:20 AM
Past the final hurdle on the course. The county gave us the go ahead to build. Here we go. Stay tuned for the first mini coming in late summer.

warlocks00
May 22 2008, 09:39 AM
Great news Charlie, Let me know if there is anything San Angelo can do. And for sure let me know when it's in the ground so I can help spread the word of another new course in West Texas.

I'm going to post a link to this thread on our CVDGA site.

chuckles
Sep 24 2008, 12:19 AM
We got approve for a 24 hole layout!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:6 holes are installed with concrete boxes in the city park. We are waiting on a bridge construction job to complete so we can install the other 18 holes on the county side of the Llano River. Bridge job is suppose to be done in Oct. but everyone knows how that goes. :confused: We are looking into having the first tourney in May '09. I will keep everyone posted.

suemac
Sep 24 2008, 06:37 AM
How Cool! Good Luck to you guys.

warlocks00
Sep 24 2008, 09:24 AM
Can't wait....I have people here in San Angelo asking me about it all the time. Glad to have some news to report back to them finally. Be sure to let me know when it's in, and for sure about any upcoming tourneys. I'm sure I can get a group together to head that way.

chuckles
Oct 13 2008, 10:55 PM
We are going to install the other 18 baskets this weekend. We are not installing the teeboxes until Nov. 2. The course will be able to be played without teeboxes Sunday. If anyone wants to come and help you can send me a message and I will let you know where to meet us at.

chuckles
Nov 19 2008, 01:32 AM
18 concrete teeboxes are in the ground!!!!!! The course is still closed until further notice because of the bridge construction but the course is ready. We are trying to get a construction fence moved back so the course can be opened. Can't Wait!!!!!