gumbputt
Jan 24 2008, 06:01 PM
I was just wondering if anybody else out there has hands that produce little oil and what if anything they do to help grip discs.
My oil is low enough that I have a hard time for finger print readers (scanners) registering my fingerprint when I have tried in the past.
Getting discs that I can grip consistantly has been a factor at times.
A slight mist or rain in the air along with hot days produce my best gripping times.
Shaking hands before rounds often screws me up for a while until I get the oil off from my hands from people that over produce oil. Their oil is no benefit to me.
I would appreciate hearing from others with this issue

MattyInRR
Jan 24 2008, 06:30 PM
No lack of oil here but I think you need to check out this thread instead http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=757938&an=0&page=0#Post7 57938

cbdiscpimp
Jan 25 2008, 08:57 PM
Go to a golf store and get pine tar lotion that you can put on your fingers!!! NOT ON YOUR DISCS!!!

I find that if I put this on before it rains I get GREAT grip and all it takes to get it tacky is a little breath on the fingertips before the throw!!!

gumbputt
Jan 28 2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the ideas to try once it warms up.

Smokey102977
Feb 07 2008, 02:55 AM
I used to use Pine Tar and it worked great. Use very sparingly. I used a pine tar rag and just lightly tapped the rag when I needed grip.

eveidel
Feb 08 2008, 01:20 PM
funny, i have just the oppostite problem, my hand sweat a lot. maybe blow warm air on your hands to form a bit of condensation after a few blows. this helps me when my hands do get dry in certain conditions. I get a good grip then, and not too wet or oily. try it..

riverdog
Feb 08 2008, 03:45 PM
Don't really mean to make light of your paucity of natural oils, but the first thing I thought of upon seeing the subject of this thread....... The episode of Frasier where Niles is discussing Maris having the servants licking envelopes for her, "She'd do it herself, but the poor thing can't produce saliva." :D

spartan08
Feb 12 2008, 10:48 AM
for it seems when it is cold i get no oil but if i wear gloves then my fingres sweat and the discs slip out so in the summer my hands sweat anyway
so i got a birdie bag with saw dust in it which i use on my hands every 3 -4 drives

CRUISER
Feb 13 2008, 07:09 PM
A friend of mine uses tack cloth. It seems to work good for him.

Kinace
Feb 14 2008, 01:18 AM
never used anything but my own breath. works great.

DiscGolfTool
Feb 21 2008, 10:51 PM
try licking your fingers or spitting on them...works for me in the cold when im not producing oil or sweat, but i have the opposite problem in the summer...too much sweat and oil...birdie bag or dirt works...just dont lick after the dirt or birdie bag...haha
cheers,
matt