sandalbagger
Jan 17 2008, 01:03 PM
So my friend Jess has a cartographer class for her senior year this semester and she has been approved to map out the Moraine disc golf course. She will be using GPS to map the course. She will be doing this this semester and it should be awesome. She will be doing slope analysis of each hole and distances to each pin. If all goes well, she will also be making new tee signs that have distances to each hole as well as special features (how far ob is from basket, etc)

Once completed, we should be able to use this new map for the bulletin board at the park!!

jmc2442
Jan 17 2008, 01:39 PM
thats pretty sweet...

kUrTp
Jan 17 2008, 05:35 PM
Do you think she will have this done for the PFDO? That would be sick to hand out to the players.

sandalbagger
Jan 17 2008, 06:12 PM
Yes her class is over at the end of May. I am hoping that by the PFDO we will be able to use her map for the bulletin board at Moraine, as well as make a caddy book of sorts to show how far ob is, how far to certain landmarks, etc.

She just got the project approved today, so we will be working on it soon.

It was funny she was saying "I have this cartography class and I have to do a final project". After removing the Imperial Stout from my face, the words "how about mapping the disc golf course" mumbled aloud. Before I could finish the sentence, she was all for it. So, now the professor has approved it and wants her to do the slope analysis of each hole and some other cool things. I'm excited to see what comes of this. And she's excited because something she is doing for college might actually get used in the real world.

gotcha
Jan 18 2008, 09:50 AM
It was funny she was saying "I have this cartography class and I have to do a final project". After removing the Imperial Stout from my face, the words "how about mapping the disc golf course" mumbled aloud.

Classic... :D

Rex_Trimm
Jan 25 2008, 05:45 PM
That is sweet Chris!

trbn8r
Feb 02 2008, 01:47 AM
as well as make a caddy book of sorts to show how far ob is, how far to certain landmarks, etc.

...or maybe a Bag Book? :D