ludboy
Jan 15 2008, 03:47 AM
Can a PDGA sanctioned tournament exclude divisions where there are enough registered players for a division? If a TD decides not to have Amatuer Grand Masters or juniors division in their event even though there are enough registered players for such a division, is there any recourse within the bounds of the PDGA rules for tournaments to require the TD or club to offer such divisions?

krupicka
Jan 15 2008, 09:57 AM
Competition Manual 2.1.I

I. A Tournament Director may, by giving adequate public notice, restrict the divisions offered. Absent such notice, the director shall offer for competition any division which has four or more players that are eligible and wishing to compete. Tournament Directors may offer divisions with less than four players at their discretion.

discette
Jan 15 2008, 10:05 AM
From the Competition Manual: Section 2.1

i. A Tournament Director may, by giving adequate public notice, restrict the divisions offered. Absent such notice, the director shall offer for competition any division which has four or more players that are eligible and wishing to compete. Tournament Directors may offer divisions with less than four players at their discretion.

sillycybe
Jan 15 2008, 10:14 AM
Yep, what they said. The first time I ran a sanctioned tourney, I tried to be as accomodating to as many divisions as I could...I ended up having 11 or 12 different divisions! It was such a headache...after that, I've picked and chosen which divisions I'll allow. And as stated, made it known well before the event.