JerryChesterson
Jan 13 2008, 07:43 PM
Its offical ... there's a website.
www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com (http://sanantoniodiscclub.com)

opereida
Jan 13 2008, 09:57 PM
Sweet!!!! Looks Good...Great Job antidisestablishmentarian. :D

SAP
Jan 13 2008, 11:10 PM
Make sure you have the volume up before logging on to the website!!! It's a sound we all love to hear!!!!!! :)

Great jod Scott (Mr. Dictionary Long Name Inventor)!!!! :D

Grog
Jan 14 2008, 12:44 AM
Scott, I love the "ching"! Stace thanks for the heads up. I usually have my sound off.

Is the IP provider supplying mail boxes? Something like [email protected] would be helpful for TDs.

JerryChesterson
Jan 14 2008, 10:12 AM
Scott, I love the "ching"! Stace thanks for the heads up. I usually have my sound off.

Is the IP provider supplying mail boxes? Something like [email protected] would be helpful for TDs.

We have one mailbox but could easily upgrade if needed in the furture. Right now the defacto email address is [email protected]

jcrab66
Jan 14 2008, 11:23 AM
nice job on the website, figures i move from sa in september and now theres a club and actually some other players popping out of the woodwork

JerryChesterson
Jan 14 2008, 11:44 AM
nice job on the website, figures i move from sa in september and now theres a club and actually some other players popping out of the woodwork

Dude you just moved to IL in Sept? Ouch that's cold (literally). If ever get over the Cedar Rapids, IA (my old stomping grounds) check out Jones Park, Shaver Park, and the course in Marion. They are all very nice!

Grog
Jan 15 2008, 01:11 AM
As long as Its positive; It's all GOOD!

If anything in Illinois can be considered positive..... :D

Grog
Jan 15 2008, 01:29 AM
While I'm thinking about it. How about posting a sign up form for the Ice Bowl on the web site? I can create a submittal form in Word or Adobe.

We could post one on the message board as well.

opereida
Jan 17 2008, 08:00 PM
While I'm thinking about it. How about posting a sign up form for the Ice Bowl on the web site? I can create a submittal form in Word or Adobe.

We could post one on the message board as well.

That would be cool if you have the time. :cool:

Divisions Offered:

Open
Advanced Am
Intermediate Am
Recreational

JerryChesterson
Jan 17 2008, 08:19 PM
Create it in PDF and make it form so people san fill in the fields, then email it in. The only problem with that is the webiste will not accept an payments (yet) so really they are just reserving a spot.

My suggestion is to work on a really cool designed form with all of the sponsors and fields to sign up and the like that we can post on the website, post at the park, carry in our bags, etc.

Also If you want to take a crack at designing a flyer / sign-up form for the SA Bud Open that will be great. But I know .. in due time :).

Also since you are so creative I'm sure we'l need some logo or something for the Bryan McClain Open ... baybe something incorporating the Texas A&M Bon Fire? Just thoughts.

Grog
Jan 17 2008, 11:41 PM
I can put a hyperlink into either a Word or PDF. I always assume more people have Word than Acrobat reader or some other application for PDF. I already have a Membership Form done as an electronic Word form, all it needs is a hyperlink.

A Flyer/Sign up would be no problem. Is their one already being used so I can see which fields to use. Or make a recommendation of what info we want. If I have some time and the graphics don't pixelate all to hell I would like to put a banner up somewhere at Mac on the 9th.

Bud Open! No prob. Who can I contact at 3rd Coast to see what provisions Anhyzer :DBusch has on their graphics. I'm sure they have some great clip art we can use, but lets get the Ice Bowl done first. Right after that we can start pushing the Bud Open, however I would like to do a charity tournament in May to coincide with Walk America which is a fund drive for the Lupus Foundation. Since Lupus is also known as Red Wolf Disease I've been thinking a Wolf tournament. I need to check dates for that still, had 'em and forgot what it was.

The Open can be done as well, ( I do accept liquor and plastic in payment as long as it's Innova or Discraft by the way :D). My only concern about the bon fire is I thought some one was inviting the McClains. I have two friends that work either for or through the university (imagine that, and I'm a Longhorns Fan) so quality TAMU graphics should be easy enough to get.

JerryChesterson
Jan 18 2008, 10:22 AM
I can put a hyperlink into either a Word or PDF. I always assume more people have Word than Acrobat reader or some other application for PDF. I already have a Membership Form done as an electronic Word form, all it needs is a hyperlink.

I'd recommend using Acrobat. Most if not all people should have that. Plus it is free if they don't. Plus you can't change an Acrobat file which is key for distributing from the web. I'll PM you the info needed on the Bud Open Flyer.

opereida
Feb 23 2008, 12:35 AM
I just have to say.......The Website Looks Awesome!!! Great Job!!! Way more than I expected from a club only 4 months old. :eek: If you haven't seen it, go to www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com (http://www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com) :cool:

Grog
Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks Bird!
Scott started it and I just tweaked it a little. I like to think we do good work, even if he is a Sun's fan. :cool:I'm working on some flashier graphics for the site as well. I want to publish the members list that Stacey just finished but I need to know who doesn't want certain info published.

JerryChesterson
Feb 23 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Bird!
Scott started it and I just tweaked it a little. I like to think we do good work, even if he is a Sun's fan. :cool:I'm working on some flashier graphics for the site as well. I want to publish the members list that Stacey just finished but I need to know who doesn't want certain info published.

We should only publish member info behind a secure area for members only. IMO.

sciencet_cher
Feb 23 2008, 11:19 AM
second

Paul Taylor
Feb 23 2008, 12:20 PM
call for a vote, we have a motion and a second. All in favor say yea....

yea.

All opposed by like term....

the yea's have it. :D:D

Grog
Feb 23 2008, 12:51 PM
As I explained to Scott in an email. In retrospect, the list would be on a seperate server that I have control over. The info is actually behind two fire walls, its in https, requires a secured link to access, and requires a username and password. If you think I'm not security conscience you better think again. My professional life is staked on it.

I wouldn't do that to you people. Well Paul maybe :p :Dj/k

It doesn't even have to be published. We can just give copies out to everyone, my idea was just to make it easier access for members. I'm not doing anything with the info until I hear from enough people. I may just make it a name only list if people wish that alternative. So far the nays lead 3 to 0. (I'm not voting nor campaigning.)

Paul Taylor
Feb 23 2008, 02:54 PM
I like the idea of it being on a different server. I really do not care if my info is out there or not for everybody to see. If somebody wants to find me bad enough they will. I have been a teacher and coach in the public school systems throughout Texas and have never requested my name and number and house addy be secret in the phone book. My cell number is on the PDGA website and so is my email addy. I do understand that others do not want their name and info out there and I have no problem with that. I do want to be able to contact other SADC members if i need to for various reasons and I do want to know where Greg lives....I haven't TP'd a house since I was in high school. :D:D

Grog
Feb 23 2008, 07:24 PM
At least use two ply so I can reuse it! :eek: :o

Grog
Mar 06 2008, 08:55 AM
Hear ye! Hear ye! :eek:

Our web site has changed (new look, same URL, http://SanAntonioDiscClub.com/ your old shortcuts will still work). Hopefully you will be pleased with the new look. My plan is to have this as a working web site with constant updates especially in regards to club news and mini results.

I would like to add photo galleries, slide shows, vids, etc. Contributions in these areas will be appreciated. Otherwise I'll need to steal them from your Photobucket and Flick'r accounts. :o:DThis is after all YOUR club and YOUR website.

I am currently working on the Nani Falcone page(s). Any and all submissions for this are appreciated.

PM me or e-mail me (address in profile) with any ideas or suggestions.

G

JerryChesterson
Mar 06 2008, 10:30 AM
Nice work Greg!

hardways78222
Mar 06 2008, 09:37 PM
I agree that is awesome ! I've said it once and I'll say it again, YOU ARE THE MAN ! :DOh & thanks for running the dubs last Sat.

Grog
Mar 06 2008, 10:52 PM
Speaking of dubs, who's running them this Saturday? I can't find my schedule and I know I have 2 in UC.

Paul Taylor
Mar 06 2008, 11:08 PM
I will be sending you a course map for the alternate holes, a scorecard for the 27 holes that we usually play in a mini and a picture of two of the first players that actually played NANI.

opereida
Mar 07 2008, 12:15 AM
Jerry said he is running the UC Dubs Mini this Saturday.

Grog
Mar 07 2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks Bird. Now I need to decide dubs or practice.

SAP
Mar 07 2008, 11:07 AM
Awesome job! Since I can't play this weekend, I'll be around to take some pictures. Man oh man, you got skills :cool:

Thanks again!

Grog
Mar 07 2008, 08:01 PM
http://images.elfwood.com/art/z/y/zypherion/monster7.jpg

<font color="red">ME WANT PICTURES </font>

Grog
Mar 09 2008, 11:36 AM
http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/nani.htm

So! Donde es mi photos y los scores de dobles? Yeah, my spanish is as pathetic as my game. I hope everyone enjoyed yesterdays minis. I thoroughly enjoyed belittling myself at Nani. I know Paul thoroughly got his belly laughs at my expense. :oJust kidding Paul. The roller is coming along well, and my sidearm is rising so their were some unscathed worms. *Note: keyword "some". :D

OK, enough entertainment. The Nani pages are active click the link above or go to the website and click the Nani link.
Included you will find a scorecard with the alternate course directions that Paul layed out. There is also a map showing the same alternates, be wary however of playing the alternate holes on a full course. Nani was getting pretty busy while we were there in the late afternoon. As everyone knows be on the lookout for basket #5. I checked a few auction sites last night. It's not for sale yet.

Jerry (probably Jeanie but Jerry is taking the credit)has also sent me some pictures of Victoria (Thanks both of you). So there is a slide show available on the friends page. OHHH!! The things I could do with the pic of "Wierd Uncle Dave", :eek: :Dbut a promise is a promise. :(

JerryChesterson
Mar 09 2008, 08:21 PM
Why is hole 2 listed with a mando? There technically is no mando on that hole, paul just likes to play it that way when he runs the mini?

Paul Taylor
Mar 09 2008, 09:29 PM
Why is hole 2 listed with a mando? There technically is no mando on that hole, paul just likes to play it that way when he runs the mini?

No, There is no mando on that hole, but the hole design is to play it to the left of the trees and not over the walking path. This takes the possible danger away from the pedistrians and makes the hole much more challenging.

If you want to play it the panzy way, go ahead, but REAL disc golfers play for a challenge. :D:D:D

Grog
Mar 09 2008, 10:45 PM
I've always played the trees on 2 as a mando and birdied it more than I've parred it. I damned near aced it once. (yeah yeah yeah, hand grenades and drive inn movies theory). Matter of fact 2 was the only bird I had all day yesterday. If I can do it then some of you guys and girls should have a blindfold as a mando.

3 and 8 could do with some interesting mandos too. A mando on 5 hmmm, maybe you would have to throw with your off hand. :D

JHouston
Mar 09 2008, 10:50 PM
you da man Greg nice job on the site looks good. I heard Jerry wanted a picture of his tea bag on there :D:eek:

SAP
Mar 09 2008, 11:13 PM
a picture of his tea bag on there :D:eek:

GROSS :p

Grog
Mar 10 2008, 12:50 AM
you da man Greg nice job on the site looks good. I heard Jerry wanted a picture of his tea bag on there :D:eek:

I generally fear no man, but will somebody promise me to never leave me alone with Jay and Jerry. :eek: :D

Thanks Jay.
G

JerryChesterson
Mar 10 2008, 01:46 PM

No, There is no mando on that hole, but the hole design is to play it to the left of the trees and not over the walking path. This takes the possible danger away from the pedistrians and makes the hole much more challenging.

If you want to play it the panzy way, go ahead, but REAL disc golfers play for a challenge. :D:D:D

I'd say the danger is there either way and you shouldn't throw if people are coming anyway. I personally hate mandos and feel that any route that is there should be allowed, or the hole should be changed. It is kind of like the clowns mouth at Live Oak. That mando is absurd because it takes away the best shot on the hole, the overhand, which poses no threat to anyone. Of course that is just my opinion and I'm probably in the minority.

Paul Taylor
Mar 10 2008, 02:59 PM
Heck, I don't even play the mando anymore, I go between the trees, if I don't make it, I re-tee. Once those trees mature, there will be a beautiful tunnel under them.

Joe
Mar 10 2008, 04:14 PM
If you are talking about #24, if we didn't mando it, there would be a LOT less discgolf in Live Oak.

JerryChesterson
Mar 10 2008, 04:23 PM
I don't understand, the peoples houses are 600+ feet away.

tbender
Mar 10 2008, 06:15 PM
But they can be reached and one of them houses a very concerned citizen.

(That, and the infamous ditch distance competition in 2005 led to no more over the top.)

Minella, I think they're talking about 15C. The 200' shot that scares righties because none of them have forehands. :)

Joe
Mar 10 2008, 06:28 PM
That concerned citizen is the highest ranked city employee (who has
shown support of discgolf recently).

15c is mando because of the challenge and for safety. Those that
have no control of their overhand shot sometimes end up on 15a.

JHouston
Mar 10 2008, 07:37 PM
the past 2 LOSO tourneys have not had that mando in place on 15c. And you can still thumb through the clowns mouth. :D

Grog
Mar 22 2008, 12:29 AM
Good EEEEEEEEve-----ning SADC!
The site has been updated. Their are new rankings for the local players thanks to Mr. Hougland. WTG.

The Victoria 08 slides on the friends page has been "upsized" thanks to Jerry's additional photos.

A new slide show focusing, focussing?, Ah hell centering around the Mcclain Minis is also available. Thanks Stace!

The Ice Bowl slides are uploaded as well.

There is also a 2nd page added to the Tourny page showing scores from the last 2 weeks.

Enjoy!
G

hardways78222
Mar 22 2008, 09:23 AM
Great job my friend. :cool:

Apr 11 2008, 01:02 AM
Did I evr mention how AWESOME the website looks? I have to say it just one more time......GREAT JOB GREG!!! :cool:

opereida
Apr 11 2008, 01:04 AM
Did I ever mention how AWESOME the website looks? :o I have to say it just one more time......GREAT JOB GREG!!!

Grog
Dec 07 2008, 01:05 AM
The SADC Message Board is active.

http://sadc.activeboard.com/

You can also go to www.sanantoniodiscclub.com (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com) and follow the limk from there.

opereida
Dec 21 2008, 02:46 AM
The SADC Message Board is way cool. :) I registered today. Thanks again Greg for setting it up.