the_kid
Jan 06 2008, 08:57 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

kellerthedog
Jan 07 2008, 12:05 AM
someone should be sure to tell discraft that scooter needs to approve of all possible players that may decide to throw their plastic and get signed by them, congrats Greg

perica
Jan 07 2008, 12:09 AM
liz shooner

the_kid
Jan 07 2008, 12:15 AM
someone should be sure to tell discraft that scooter needs to approve of all possible players that may decide to throw their plastic and get signed by them, congrats Greg

No I just thought that they thought he should be next and was asking why? Anyway I didn't know he was already picked up.

kellerthedog
Jan 07 2008, 12:25 AM
my post can out like i was being a jerk, sorry scooter, greg is a good player and is an even better example for younger kids. he is the polar opposite of the dger "stereotype." i just hope married life doesnt interfere with touring ;)

McCabe
Jan 07 2008, 12:40 AM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

yes you will!!!

stack
Jan 07 2008, 03:00 AM
Maybe someone from NC?

getting warmer! ;)

the_kid
Jan 07 2008, 04:07 AM
Maybe someone from NC?

getting warmer! ;)

Gotta feeling this guy is pretty darn good. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I won't say who I am thinking of though.

discchucker
Jan 07 2008, 09:44 AM
*cough*...*MJ*...*cough*

MTL21676
Jan 07 2008, 09:53 AM
Maybe someone from NC?

getting warmer! ;)

Gotta feeling this guy is pretty darn good. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I won't say who I am thinking of though.

Actually it's not me.

my_hero
Jan 07 2008, 10:18 AM
*cough*...*MJ*...*cough*

MoJo has already signed. Who's the next?

playtowin
Jan 07 2008, 02:13 PM
Dave Hemi would be a good'n

cbdiscpimp
Jan 07 2008, 03:29 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

Maybe because he won Worlds??? Is that a good enough reason for you Scoot???

Dana
Jan 07 2008, 05:24 PM
Why did Mike Jo make the switch?

the_kid
Jan 07 2008, 06:15 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

No not really. I Told Keith that Smalls would be a great guy to pick up in 05' but they didn't seem to care. I don't think you should get sponsored based off a single event. There are a lot of people out there who deserve to be sponsored not because of a single finish but what they have done the past year or so.

stack
Jan 07 2008, 10:01 PM
yup... MJ was the one I was talking about

I hinted about it a while ago on the Innova thread but thought Discraft should have its own 'whos the next playa' thread

the_kid
Jan 07 2008, 10:05 PM
Maybe someone from NC?

getting warmer! ;)

Ok I was thinking MJ

cbdiscpimp
Jan 07 2008, 11:37 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

No not really. I Told Keith that Smalls would be a great guy to pick up in 05' but they didn't seem to care. I don't think you should get sponsored based off a single event. There are a lot of people out there who deserve to be sponsored not because of a single finish but what they have done the past year or so.

Ever think that Smalls didnt want to stop throwing his Innova???

Im glad Greg is on the Team and there are a few others who may be getting picked up soon as well!!! HollA

the_kid
Jan 07 2008, 11:48 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

Im glad Greg is on the Team and there are a few others who may be getting picked up soon as well!!! HollA

Doesn't matter did they even ask him.

cbdiscpimp
Jan 08 2008, 01:42 AM
im pretty sure they talked to him.........But he is from NC and I think he didnt want to stop throwing his Aviars or Rocs but you can ask him if you want.

the_kid
Jan 08 2008, 01:58 AM
im pretty sure they talked to him.........But he is from NC and I think he didnt want to stop throwing his Aviars or Rocs but you can ask him if you want.

I know he is from NC that's why I told them he would be a good choice. Anyway I feel getting sponsored hsould involve more than one good event. I think Greg was using Wizards at worlds too.

NEngle
Jan 08 2008, 11:08 AM
liz shooner

second

Dana
Jan 08 2008, 01:58 PM
Scoot- I dont think he even was throwing any D-craft at Worlds. He switched at or right after USDGC...

Also, does anyone know why Mike Jo switched?

phluffhead
Jan 08 2008, 02:23 PM
yes

skaZZirf
Jan 08 2008, 04:26 PM
yes

the_kid
Jan 08 2008, 07:04 PM
yes

Yes

stack
Jan 08 2008, 07:46 PM
yup

michaeljo
Jan 08 2008, 08:58 PM
Also, does anyone know why Mike Jo switched?

yea i know

cbdiscpimp
Jan 08 2008, 09:35 PM
Why dont you enlighten us or is that not up for discussion???

llfour
Jan 08 2008, 11:31 PM
He is still listed on the Innova team page.

stack
Jan 09 2008, 01:26 AM
He is still listed on the Innova team page.

yeah but click on the link

McCabe
Jan 09 2008, 02:21 PM
Greg Schwartz

Discraft just picked up Greg!

matthewblakely
Jan 09 2008, 04:42 PM
Discraft also picked up David Cox.

Liz_Lopez
Jan 09 2008, 05:05 PM
liz shooner

second

Third!

She is the last Liz not picked up by Discraft yet. It only makes sense.

cwphish
Jan 09 2008, 09:17 PM
Yes

stack
Jan 10 2008, 11:23 AM
Congrats to another Charlotte DG'er to be picked up by Discraft... Zach Newhouse!!! aka.... WISCO!

rollinghedge
Jan 10 2008, 11:34 AM
No

SarahD
Jan 10 2008, 12:17 PM
I just got a text saying, "You've got a new teammate!"

NICHOLAS SCHNEIDER!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great pickup for the team! Not only is Nick one of the sickest gap-hitters I know, he's also one of the best guys I've met in disc golf since I've been traveling. Way to go, Nick!

Hopefully the Shenanigans-Band of Discraft players Nick, Bard and SarahD can unitte again and cause some more ruccus abroad.

DNA_2
Jan 10 2008, 08:34 PM
Congrats Zack. Great Job man....

schick
Jan 11 2008, 12:53 AM
Wow, what a great bunch of pick ups! MJ, Cox, Schnieder...etc. Great job D-craft, keep'em coming. Where you at Schweb? :p

cschwab
Jan 11 2008, 01:23 AM
liz shooner

second

Third!

uhh can I get a Carr (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=31068%20&year=2007)?
Official ROY candidate, bombs a mile, throws the D exclusively?
Only a matter of time, if she is not already.

Roosta
Jan 11 2008, 09:28 AM
last i talked to liz carr she was but they havent put her page up yet, kinda like ziggy

SarahD
Jan 11 2008, 11:42 AM
uhh can I get a Carr (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=31068%20&year=2007)?

[/QUOTE]

18th at WomNats compared to the SS Destroyer's 6th place finish and Nic Frasier's 10th.....I don't think so.

the_kid
Jan 11 2008, 01:10 PM

18th at WomNats compared to the SS Destroyer's 6th place finish and Nic Frasier's 10th.....I don't think so.

[/QUOTE]

Talk about shooting someone down......Pretty sure they were talking about Discraft picking her up. It seems like you were talking about ROY but still a little harsh.

Ok just looked and noticed she is also from MI and beat you quite a few times this year.

cschwab
Jan 11 2008, 02:27 PM

Talk about shooting someone down......Pretty sure they were talking about Discraft picking her up. It seems like you were talking about ROY but still a little harsh.

Ok just looked and noticed she is also from MI and beat you quite a few times this year.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA that is funny and true.

Sarah you are on team D and averaged $57 per event, Liz averaged $69 per event. If I were using logic similar to yours, I would say she is more qualified to be on the team than you are.

NEngle
Jan 11 2008, 03:26 PM
Cox is with Discraft now? Wow Blakely, I guess it's official...you're the third best player in Ohio.

Liz_Lopez
Jan 11 2008, 04:21 PM
liz shooner

second

Third!

Yeah I knew of her being on the team at Women's Nationals last year, she just hasn't filled her team survey thingy out. sheesh.

AND I absolutley love Liz, she is amazing and is great for the team.

serg
Jan 11 2008, 06:13 PM
Congrats to another Charlotte DG'er to be picked up by Discraft... Zach Newhouse!!! aka.... WISCO!

That a boy! Congratulations, Zach. My has this young guy grown up. It seems like only yesterday we were playing the Parkside course together...now he's whipping my butt in everything but double basket DISC (two baskets, one on top of the other, playing DISC)

perica
Jan 15 2008, 01:22 AM
Nice job Dave Cox! Maybe the young one will become a discraft girl too.

scottcwhite
Jan 15 2008, 04:14 PM
KT just got picked up, found out this weekend.

Kevin Tomasaitis #24218

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=24218&year=2007

ChrisWoj
Jan 15 2008, 10:24 PM
Nice, good to see Thumberaitis get picked up. Definitely a good guy and a good player.

stack
Feb 15 2008, 02:29 PM
another one just got picked up here in Charlotte

Congrats Jeremy 'BigJerm' Koling!!!!

tyson99duke
Feb 18 2008, 05:12 PM
I saw Jerm was wearing the Discraft Sweatshirt at the HC Ice Bowl, I was beginning to wonder!

Congrats Jerm.

DNA_2
Feb 18 2008, 11:18 PM
Whats the Reserve Team? Congrats to Jeremy and Zach, Great players, Jeremy is going to be an awesome player if he can keep his head in it and he can throw for distance backhand and sidearm with accuracy. Only played with him once but it was on the lead card LOL looks like im doing something right.

Stack I think your up next to be signed, All the charlotte guys are getting in on the action.

Dana
Feb 19 2008, 12:37 AM
sign me up

DNA_2
Feb 19 2008, 01:28 AM
You made it too Dana? If you did then you definitely deserve it. I don't know if you remember but we played the march madness tourney together, I didn't play good at all but it was fun.

Dana
Feb 19 2008, 01:42 AM
haha nah, i was just playin saying "sign me up for the reserves"
i like the new name..

thanks though!

stack
Feb 19 2008, 02:04 AM
Whats the Reserve Team? Congrats to Jeremy and Zach, Great players, Jeremy is going to be an awesome player if he can keep his head in it and he can throw for distance backhand and sidearm with accuracy. Only played with him once but it was on the lead card LOL looks like im doing something right.

Stack I think your up next to be signed, All the charlotte guys are getting in on the action.

LOL... thanks for the vote of confidence... it would make my obsession w/ the buzzz much easier to deal w/ while living in Charlotte. Its nice with MJ and these guys getting signed since now I'll at least have a support group of buzzz throwers here ;)

CYA @ Earlewood (was actually just down there today... wicked windy but still shot pretty well)... the start of my 5 pdga tournies in march 'tour' ;)

DNA_2
Feb 19 2008, 02:55 AM
It definitely was windy, I was out at Owens today getting some practice. See ya soon. Later

notahobogolfer
Feb 19 2008, 04:00 PM
Dana, give me all your innova stuff when you get sponsored by discraft. If you keep shooting like you have been, you definately will get whooped up by someone.

my_hero
Feb 20 2008, 04:24 PM
Whats the Reserve Team?

Discraft has restructured how a player qualifies for it's teams. Players were grandfathered in this year but look for major changes next year. Traveling and playing a lot is the key.

Next year the Z-Team will be the smallest team, as it should be. Only containing the hardcore touring players that cash high everytime!

The X-team will be a little bit larger than the Z-team and will contain players that travel a little bit and do well in A, NT, and Majors.

The D-team will be HUGE. You will see most of the players here. There will be 980 rated golfers and a lot of 1000+ rated golfers. It's a team composed of great local players along with great veteran players that stay pretty much in their state/region.

The Farm/Reserve team is a place where newcomers usually start. It's also a place for the unproven, or the retiree, or even the injured reserve team.

DNA_2
Feb 20 2008, 04:30 PM
Great Info Hero, you are my Hero lol

blazinpat
Feb 20 2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info, that's cool. That's how the teams should be too. I'll be interested in seeing how exactly they end up separating everyone out. There's a lot of great players on the team now!

Chris Hysell
Feb 20 2008, 06:46 PM
Whats the Reserve Team?

Discraft has restructured how a player qualifies for it's teams. Players were grandfathered in this year but look for major changes next year. Traveling and playing a lot is the key.

Next year the Z-Team will be the smallest team, as it should be. Only containing the hardcore touring players that cash high everytime!

The X-team will be a little bit larger than the Z-team and will contain players that travel a little bit and do well in A, NT, and Majors.

The D-team will be HUGE. You will see most of the players here. There will be 980 rated golfers and a lot of 1000+ rated golfers. It's a team composed of great local players along with great veteran players that stay pretty much in their state/region.

The Farm/Reserve team is a place where newcomers usually start. It's also a place for the unproven, or the retiree, or even the injured reserve team.

I think it's pretty impressive how Discraft has kept me around. I have been plagued with injuries and then went through a job change, new house and now when I can finally play again I've had another surgery. My player rating has dropped 50 pts in the last two years. Somehow they still manage to keep me on the roster. In the next few weeks I will be trying to play again and it will be a big boost to my confidence knowing that they are still standing behind me.

my_hero
Feb 20 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info, that's cool. That's how the teams should be too. I'll be interested in seeing how exactly they end up separating everyone out. There's a lot of great players on the team now!

Oh we know exactly how. There's a pretty cool, extensive formula. There will be guys who play in a lot of events (25+) that will not make that Z-team, in fact a lot of them won't even make the X-team. :eek:

my_hero
Feb 20 2008, 07:50 PM
I think it's pretty impressive how Discraft has kept me around.

Chris, every company needs a good whippin' post. :D

poisonelf
Feb 20 2008, 07:54 PM
When is this restructure going to take place?

my_hero
Feb 21 2008, 12:05 PM
When is this restructure going to take place?

It has already taken place but since players were grandfathered in you won't see The Big Shuffle until the first of 2009.

seewhere
Feb 21 2008, 12:36 PM
appears dagon is no longer on the team

my_hero
Feb 21 2008, 12:41 PM
No surprise there.

jaxx
Feb 29 2008, 03:03 PM
Greg Schwartz

Ill second that!!!

See you in Vegas EMac???

Why?

Doesn't matter did they even ask him.

I was never asked I definitely would have considered it I like some of their discs and I was surprised I wasnt asked because it was a Discraft worlds but at the same time I was not looking to go out of my way to change up my bag.

the_kid
Feb 29 2008, 03:04 PM
I had your back Smallz. :D

stack
Mar 10 2008, 10:25 AM
big props to BigJerm (Jeremy Koling) a 'reserve team' discrafter... big win (11 strokes) @ Am Crosstown this weekend... averaged over 1000 rated for the weekend without any pros as propagators and even spotted the field 2 strokes with a scoring error.

Sick shooting Jerm... now onto Pro Crosstown!!! (but first a little business to be done at the VTI!)

tyson99duke
Mar 10 2008, 06:15 PM
Congrats jerm,

Need you help on my game in the wind.

discchucker
Mar 11 2008, 09:15 AM
No offense to Jeremy...because a win is a win. But how can everybody sit here say congrats and such, when the dude is sporting a 975 player rating and wins by 11 strokes? With that high of rating...wouldn't it be expected for him to wipe out the competition? I did notice there were some 960 rated players there too...and they are borderline. To me, anything above 960 and you should learn to take your lumps in the pro division.

stack
Mar 11 2008, 10:32 AM
congrats are in order for just about any win but this one came with him playing zebulon blind... playing against guys in the field that had moved up before and played pro, cashed and moved back down. (which they were totally entitled to according to the rules). Point is whoever wins this event usually has to shoot around 985+ rated golf and put on a good show... its a pretty big deal to win this event no matter who you are... also Jeremy has never cashed or played pro before and has being playing PDGA for less than a year

Regardless ... I've heard from a pretty good source that he'll be moving up and playing pro from here on (except maybe am worlds) and he gets to do this for free in 2 weeks at the pro crosstown.

otimechamp
Mar 11 2008, 01:18 PM
No offense to Jeremy...because a win is a win. But how can everybody sit here say congrats and such, when the dude is sporting a 975 player rating and wins by 11 strokes? With that high of rating...wouldn't it be expected for him to wipe out the competition? I did notice there were some 960 rated players there too...and they are borderline. To me, anything above 960 and you should learn to take your lumps in the pro division.

Thats NC Disc golf!

the_kid
Mar 11 2008, 01:21 PM

Thats NC Disc golf!

What skeerdy golf?

Seems like we have a lot of that in TX too and it isn't all baggers not trying Pro out but guys who were ADV players for years now playing INT. How much plastic do you need.

stack
Mar 11 2008, 03:03 PM

Thats NC Disc golf!

What skeerdy golf?

Seems like we have a lot of that in TX too and it isn't all baggers not trying Pro out but guys who were ADV players for years now playing INT. How much plastic do you need.

i hear ya scooter but as mentioned thats def. not the case here... heck... he cant even throw the plastic he wins around here. He's still pretty new to the game and now 'going pro' in some capacity or another in about a year after playing his first pdga... not too shabby.

the_kid
Mar 11 2008, 03:34 PM

Thats NC Disc golf!

What skeerdy golf?

i hear ya scooter but as mentioned thats def. not the case here... heck... he cant even throw the plastic he wins around here. He's still pretty new to the game and now 'going pro' in some capacity or another in about a year after playing his first pdga... not too shabby.

Not really talking about Jeremy but just high rated AMs in general that don't even seem to want to try and play Pro. I'm not saying they need to accept or anything but just try it out as it will teach you a lot.

stack
Mar 11 2008, 03:39 PM

Thats NC Disc golf!

What skeerdy golf?

Not really talking about Jeremy but just high rated AMs in general that don't even seem to want to try and play Pro. I'm not saying they need to accept or anything but just try it out as it will teach you a lot.

thought i'd keep the quote train goin' ;)... i agree there and I think the rule about allowing Ams to play pro and take merch in lieu of cash will hopefully help with that. (although trophy only option could've done that but I didnt see it offered/used much ever)

the_kid
Mar 11 2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah it should be an easy choice at this point with the new merch rule. I remember I played Pro quite a few times and I thin only once was it for a reduced price. That is legit donating.

DNA_2
Mar 11 2008, 04:10 PM
Just posting my thoughts. Jeremy is a great player and in the last couple of tournies he has played he has been or is one of the top rated players in the Adv. field. Ive noticed that the difference between 960 and 975+ is definitely a bigger difference than it looks on paper. And when this next rating update comes around Jeremy will be closer to 1000 rated than 975 (i.e. he has about 8 1000 rated rounds total in the last three or four tournies) I can't speak for Jeremy but if he he is waiting for Am Worlds to go pro he might as well play the rest of the year as a pro because obiviously he can't learn anything from the advanced field and he could definitely learn something from Mcree, TThe MulleTT, JJ, Mike Jo, and the rest of the top pros in NC maybe in the way of sportsmanship, etc. Also most people want that Am Worlds title for the sponsorship that goes along with it however Jeremy has already got that sponsorship and is a good enough player to keep it, and Im not saying this is all he wants to play worlds for because for all I know he might really just want that World title.

Just my 2 cents and these are my opinions so take them as that and not bashing

stack
Mar 11 2008, 05:42 PM
FYI... if the ratings update was today his rating would be 978.437
yeah... i know... i figured it would be a lot closer to 1000 too

my_hero
Mar 11 2008, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a smart marketing move on Discraft's part. A young up and comer residing in innova country.....a perfect marketing strategy if you ask me. As a veteran Discraft team member i wish Jeremy the very best. Good luck and go get 'em!!!! ;)

stack
Mar 11 2008, 06:27 PM
Jeremy is one of 2 'young up and comers' in Innova country (aka... the mecca... aka... charlotte) who is making waves. The other is 'Wisco' Zach Newhouse but he made the jump up to Pro already just a little bit ago.

Them + MJ = great marketing/smart move!

back on the topic of the thread.... 'who's next?!'

DNA_2
Mar 11 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah Ive already ran the numbers however I was referring to "at the rate he is going" by the end of April he will be closer to 1000 rated than 975 if he keeps averaging 1000 rated tournies. No matter what he is a good player and if he does play Am Worlds this year then he is my pick right behind me of course LOL

otimechamp
Mar 11 2008, 09:28 PM

Thats NC Disc golf!

What skeerdy golf?

I cant speak for Jerm, never have met the guy cant wait to play with Him. I might have some Discraft stuff that he wants. But around here it is just hard to play pro. So Am for life is the name of the game. Some guys just don't want to pay an extra $50 to get smacked down.

Rodney Gilmore
Mar 12 2008, 02:30 AM
Congrats Jeremy. I remember just last year playing Wellspring in the Pro-Am with you and Henry and you being so happy because it was your first bogey free tourney round. That wasn't even a year ago, and here you are sponsored. Great going man.

riverdog
Mar 12 2008, 10:47 AM
Good on ya Jerm. Besides being a great guy, throwing a freaking ton and just being a pleasure to be around, the dude can find lost mini's like nobody's business. Shoot, the only time I've seen a smile come off his face was on #11 at West Jeff IB and I'm willing to bet he smiles his way through it next time he plays it. Big ups to you Jeremy. :cool::cool::cool: Come see us at Ramcat next trip north and we'll tweak your approach game. :D

citysmasher
Mar 12 2008, 03:08 PM
A young up and comer residing in innova country.....

Scooter.

my_hero
Mar 12 2008, 03:27 PM
A young up and comer residing in innova country.....

Scooter.

The ball, or should we say disc, is in Matt's court. :eek: :D

cornhuskers9495
Mar 25 2008, 02:37 PM
Who's the next playa to be signed to Discraft ?

I say Eric McCabe...pick him up before we do! :D

anita
Mar 25 2008, 11:31 PM
You mean THIS guy?

http://www.discraft.com/team_mccabe.html

cornhuskers9495
Mar 26 2008, 02:17 AM
That's the wrong Sprout, AJ...

That's the Sprout thats gonna win a Major this year... I'm talking 'bout the other Sprout. That is different from the Sprout that you know, but not as cool as the Sprout we ALL know, but just by a lil' tho...

Too bad we lost to Ole' Miss...

Pogis
Mar 26 2008, 11:16 AM
Too bad we lost to Ole' Miss...

Theres your problem. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

anita
Mar 26 2008, 01:01 PM
There's more than one Eric McCabe??? :eek:

God help us all. :D

McCabe
Mar 26 2008, 01:52 PM
There's more than one Eric McCabe??? :eek:

God help us all. :D

:p

the_kid
Apr 21 2008, 07:29 PM
Ok so who is it?

cornhuskers9495
Apr 22 2008, 12:58 AM
Are you not with Gateway anymore?

the_kid
Apr 22 2008, 01:21 AM
Are you not with Gateway anymore?

No, not anymore.

Pogis
Apr 22 2008, 04:30 PM
Good switch Matt.

my_hero
Apr 22 2008, 04:36 PM
Good switch Matt.

Word. It took you long enough. :D

tonyh
Apr 22 2008, 05:58 PM
who sCooter, or for others to connect the dots :)

kellerthedog
Jun 02 2008, 12:14 AM
Flagstaff, AZ disc golfer Wayne Hanks # 35933 . Just became a PDGA member and will be one of the highest rated players in the world after his stellar play this weekend at the Aspen Treebash A Tier. Take a look

the_kid
Jun 02 2008, 12:54 AM
Flagstaff, AZ disc golfer Wayne Hanks # 35933 . Just became a PDGA member and will be one of the highest rated players in the world after his stellar play this weekend at the Aspen Treebash A Tier. Take a look

He's got to beat Papa Self 1st. :D

kellerthedog
Jun 02 2008, 01:16 AM
he took 2nd at the Treebash behind Skellenger, then Hanks, Rory....Wayne should be rated someone around 1020-1025 depending on the official ratings and the final round at Snowbowl (he could play masters as well)

the_kid
Jun 02 2008, 01:33 AM
he took 2nd at the Treebash behind Skellenger, then Hanks, Rory....Wayne should be rated someone around 1020-1025 depending on the official ratings and the final round at Snowbowl (he could play masters as well)

What were the order of the courses they played?

Well he shot 1015 the 1st day so to get a real avg of 1025 he would have to have shot 1045 which is like a -10 or -11 on snowbowl. Anyway he is lucky because his highest rated round will be double weighted since he will only have 3 rounds.

kellerthedog
Jun 02 2008, 01:47 AM
exactly, he shot a 48 at snowbowl and that should be around a 1025 based last year with the same layout. with the double weight he should be up there. A pool (open) played thorpe, mcpherson then snowbowl

the_kid
Jun 02 2008, 01:59 AM
exactly, he shot a 48 at snowbowl and that should be around a 1025 based last year with the same layout. with the double weight he should be up there. A pool (open) played thorpe, mcpherson then snowbowl

Is snowbowl set up like it was in 05'? If so I sure wish a 48 would have been rated 1025 at AM Worlds.

My 48 back then wasn't even 1000. Anyway I wish i would have taken Ullibari's advice and gone because I loved Thorpe and would have loved to see the new course he was talking about.

ChrisWoj
Jun 02 2008, 02:22 AM

Waiting to see results go up... any idea how Josh Barber did? He's a local moved down to AZ this winter.

kellerthedog
Jun 02 2008, 02:36 AM
i think he took 7th. not sure but top 10

kellerthedog
Jun 02 2008, 02:40 AM
it was a great tourney, first place took home 1,300 for open. flagstaff disc golf club stepped up for sure

ANHYZER
Jun 02 2008, 02:41 AM

Is snowbowl set up like it was in 05'? If so I sure wish a 48 would have been rated 1025 at AM Worlds.

My 48 back then wasn't even 1000. Anyway I wish i would have taken Ullibari's advice and gone because I loved Thorpe and would have loved to see the new course he was talking about.

My 46 back in '05 was only 1014...This guy looks good, but he should play out of his element to gauge his true skill level.

the_kid
Jun 02 2008, 02:47 AM

My 46 back in '05 was only 1014...This guy looks good, but he should play out of his element to gauge his true skill level.

Or just play a few more events. I mean Ihave had some tournaments that if my highest rated round was doubled would have had me rated higher than Kenny but I'm not quite at that level. :p

cgkdisc
Jun 02 2008, 09:22 AM
Anyway he is lucky because his highest rated round will be double weighted since he will only have 3 rounds.

No double weighting happens until a player has at least 8 rounds.

Pogis
Jun 02 2008, 11:16 AM
I mean I have had some tournaments that if my highest rated round was doubled would have had me rated higher than Kenny but I'm not quite at that level. :p

LOL. Thats the truth! :D

my_hero
Jun 02 2008, 12:10 PM
I know a lot of the team members would like to see a Robert Redford imposter become a part of Circle D!

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/cinema/diaporama/07/acteurs-charmants-preferes-lecteurs/robert-redford.jpg

the_kid
Jun 02 2008, 02:51 PM
Anyway he is lucky because his highest rated round will be double weighted since he will only have 3 rounds.

No double weighting happens until a player has at least 8 rounds.

Well good thing it is like that now.

Pogis
Jun 02 2008, 05:15 PM
I know a lot of the team members would like to see a Robert Redford imposter become a part of Circle D!

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/cinema/diaporama/07/acteurs-charmants-preferes-lecteurs/robert-redford.jpg

What idiot would try to impersonate him. We can only bask in his awesomeness! :D