denny1210
Jan 05 2008, 10:49 PM
Hey all!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and is psyched about the 2008 FFT!

Just a quick update on the course in Live Oak at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park:

The park has purchased nine additional sleeves that will be planted soon, providing an alternate basket location on each of the first 9 holes. The baskets will move in between rounds for the tourney. We will also utilize the 9 temporary holes that were used for 2007's Summertime on the Suwannee.

A few changes have been made to the first 9 holes, including two brand new holes that have replaced holes 2 and 3. Also, we are planning on having cement tees in place on the first 9 before the February event.

Also, the design for the second 9 has been completed and clearing has begun. We are hoping to have this stage of the project done before the Wannee fest in April.

A lot of work has gone into getting this project rolling forward with some momentum. We sincerely hope that you'll join us for a great weekend of golf and comraderie in a beautiful 700 acre park on the scenic Suwannee River!

Online registration will be up soon. Check out
www.fabflatour.org
for more info.

Wishing you all a great 2008,
Denny

denny1210
Feb 03 2008, 11:00 PM
8 of the 18 cement pads for the first nine have been poured! :)

The others will be done this week. If y'all are up to practice and there's orange tape around the pads that are still curing, please don't throw from them.

If you feel ambitious while practicing feel free to toss any fallen branches from the fairways back into the woods. Also, all vines are fair game if you see some you'd like to pull down.

For the event we'll use carpet tees for the temp holes.

Lookin' forward to a fun weekend in three weeks!

Peace,
Denny

http://api.ning.com/files/2dAIQFQYER1J265rzVJKq4x8b*13tyLcDLNZt2plu5M_/suwanneehole5.jpg

CHulsey
Feb 11 2008, 04:19 PM
Denny, it looks like things are really coming along at the Suwannee Park. I'm glad to see it. The next thing ya know - Suwannee will be THE best course in Florida! ;) See ya in 2 weeks!!!

denny1210
Feb 12 2008, 11:26 AM
The next thing ya know - Suwannee will be THE best course in Florida! ;)

only when YOU'RE there, Courtney! :D

Feb 26 2008, 10:19 AM
results???

CHulsey
Feb 26 2008, 04:35 PM
Denny - Suwannee was a great success! Can't wait till the Magnolia Birthday Classic...Please let me know of work days, and I'll check my schedule so that I can come help! You all are doing a great job