craigramsdell
Jan 02 2008, 09:42 PM
All
The Raleigh Area Disc League has promoted women's disc golf for going on 25 years now. This year we would like to see a big turn out for this years Am Crosstown.

Here is the preliminary info.

This Is Not The Official Am Crosstown Flyer!

I hope to have the flyer out very soon. I still have to nail down the location for the Friday check in.

The "mail to" address will be released with the flyer. PayPal will be available TBA.

We hope to add payout to Adv Men and Adv Women. Let hear it ladies. Road trip?

Also, I'm trying to put a Saturday night players party together (RADL volunteers Please PM me) and maybe cash doubles on Friday afternoon- if there is any interest.

The basics...

The 25 th Amateur Dogwood Crosstown Classic
PDGA A-tier and North Carolina Series event

March 8-9, 2008

Divisions offered: Advanced Men, Advanced Women, Advanced Men Masters and Intermediate Men. The field will be limited to 144.

Entry fee: All Advanced Divisions $60.00. Intermediate Men $50.00

You must be a current PDGA member to compete.
Per the PDGA, �for all Super Tour (A Tier) events, only PDGA current members will be allowed to compete, regardless of division. If a player in question does not provide irrevocable proof of their membership (2008 membership card, 2008 soft card, or name on the list of current members provided by the PDGA office) then annual dues will be collected before the player is allowed to participate�
Please join the PDGA early and avoid the hassle.

We will be using Zebulon Community Park in Zebulon and Cedar Hills Rotary Park in Raleigh. You will be given your course assignment at check in.

You must check in on Friday March 7 There will be no Saturday check-in. You cannot compete if you do not check in on Friday. The RADL �store� will be available for you to select your player�s pack. Arrive early for best selection.
Location To Be Determined. Don't ask. I'm working on a place near Cedar Hills.

All players under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. TBA

Mandatory players meeting on Saturday morning at 9:15 at your course.

The field will be cut after the third round and the top half of each division (up to 72 players) will play a final round in Zebulon.

Contact: Craig Ramsdell 712 Coventry Ct Raleigh, NC 27609 919-787-7852 [email protected]

This Is Not The Official Am Crosstown Flyer!
Again, when all details are nailed down, the official flyer will be released an registration can begin.

Thanks,
Craig

craigramsdell
Jan 06 2008, 12:54 PM
You can't please them all.

So, Richard and I have decided (again) to please as many as possible.

We'll do both. Friday night check in (location TBA) and Saturday at the courses.

We would recommend Friday night (for those who can make it) because your Saturday morning will be much smoother and you can redeem your voucher then. If you want to.

Saturday check in will end before the players meeting (exact time TBA). If you check in on Saturday you can redeem your voucher Sunday afternoon in Zebulon.

I hope to nail down the Friday night check in location (near Cedar Hills). Then I can rework the flyer and get it out to the area courses/TDs and posted here.

We'll also decide who will play where. Registration will close on March 1.

Thanks,
Craig

craigramsdell
Jan 12 2008, 09:53 PM
All,
Sponsorship is starting to come in. We have received a nice box of merchandise form Marshall Street Disc Golf and a heavy check from Precision Quartz Watch and Jewelry Repair.

The flyer should be out soon.

Craig

craigramsdell
Jan 16 2008, 11:12 PM
The Raleigh Area Disc League presents

The 25th Amateur Dogwood Crosstown Classic

PDGA Super Tour A Tier and North Carolina Points Series disc golf event

March 8-9, 2008

Be a part of the longest running amateur only disc golf tournament.

Divisions offered & Entry fees: Advanced Men $60, Advanced Women $60, Advanced Men Masters $60 and Intermediate Men $50.

The field will be limited to 72 Adv. Men
and a combined total of 72 Adv. Women, Adv. Men Masters and Int Men.

To enter send your check (payable to RADL) along with your
Name, PDGA no., Division, Address, Phone no., E-mail to:

Am Crosstown 4716 Triple Creek Dr. Raleigh, NC 27616

More information & PayPal will be available at raleighdiscgolf.com (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/)
Registration closes on March 1. There will be no refunds after March 1.
All players under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian available at raleighdiscgolf.com (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/) .

You must be a current PDGA member to compete. *

Please join the PDGA early and avoid the hassle and extra fee!
Renew here (http://pdga.org/renew/)
Or, if you've never joined. (http://pdga.org/join/)
There will be a $10 RADL processing fee (given to the event) for any membership application processed by RADL at check-in for this event.

Course assignments. Adv. Men: Saturday - 1st and 2nd rounds at Zebulon Community Park, ZCP (http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&lat=35.817375&lon=-78.309846&mag=3&q1=401%20S%20Arendell%20Ave%2C%20Z ebulon%2C%20NC%2027597) in Zebulon, NC, Sunday - third round at Cedar Hills Rotary Park CHCC (http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&lat=35.858221&lon=-78.628656&mag=3&q1=5600%20Sweetbriar%20St%2C%20Ral eigh%2C%20NC%2027609) in Raleigh, NC.
Adv. Women, Adv. Men Masters & Int. Men: Saturday - 1st and 2nd rounds at Cedar Hills, Sunday - third round at Zebulon.
Mandatory players meeting Saturday morning at 9:15 am at your course

Check-in. Recommended check in is on Friday March 7 at St Mark�s UM church, 4801 Six Forks Rd. in Raleigh St Mark's (http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&lat=35.845675&lon=-78.644263&mag=3&tt=st%20marks%20raleigh%20nc&tp=1& q1=4801%20Six%20Forks%20Road%20Raleigh%20nc) (near Cedar Hills) between the hours of 5 and 9 pm. The RADL �store� will be available for you to select your player�s pack. Arrive early for best selection.

Saturday check in at your course (see u above) closes at 9:15 am. Those who check in on Saturday may redeem your players pack voucher Sunday afternoon in Zebulon.

The field will be cut after the third round and the top half of each division (up to 72 players) will play a final fourth round in Zebulon.

Contact: Craig Ramsdell 712 Coventry Ct Raleigh, NC 27609 919-787-7852 [email protected]

* Per the PDGA, �for all Super Tour (A Tier) events, only PDGA current members will be allowed to compete, regardless of division. If a player in question does not provide irrevocable proof of their membership (2008 membership card, 2008 soft card, or name on the list of current members provided by the PDGA office) then annual dues will be collected before the player is allowed to participate�.

craigramsdell
Jan 21 2008, 09:50 PM
We have secured a motel for all who are in need.
Econolodge (http://www.econolodge.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=NC487)
The Econo lodge on Capital Blvd (at I-440) is offering rooms for up to four (4) people for $60.89 per night. This price is about $6 to $11 off the best rates I could find. Seems like a deal, especially for 4 people.
Details...
1 Nice third floor rooms- interior corridor entry and no one walking over your head.
2 No smoking only.
3 you must reserve with a credit card
4 When you call mention the Am Dogwood Crosstown (Frisbee) special.
5 You must make reservations by march 6.

Craig

craigramsdell
Jan 21 2008, 09:59 PM
Ok, now. Where's the chatter? Are the no women in NC, SC, VA, MD, TN or any of the other 45 states and Canada who want to compete for the women's Crosstown trophy? Or do they just not visit the DISCussion board? Or do they just not mention that they are going to play in the longest continuously held amateur only event in disc golf?

Craig :confused:

craigramsdell
Feb 07 2008, 02:16 PM
We have secured a motel for all who are in need.
The Econo lodge on Capital Blvd (at I-440) is offering rooms for up to four (4) people for $60.89 per night. This price is about $6 to $11 off the best rates I could find. Seems like a deal, especially for 4 people.
Details...
1 Nice third floor rooms- interior corridor entry and no one walking over your head.
2 No smoking only.
3 you must reserve with a credit card
4 When you call mention the Am Dogwood Crosstown (Frisbee) special.
5 You must make reservations by march 6.

Craig

All,
When I was first was contacted by the representative of this property a did a quick search for reviews of this motel. The search showed reviews that were fair to good. I have since been informed that the majority of reviews tend to be poor.

From the rep.: "The property has a long history of drug dealers and prostitutes. I did not know this until after a drug raid recently
after reading a police report

Although I am very disappointed the owners have not fixed up the property-in their defense I don't believe they knew the extent of the problems when they took over the property. I was hired to bring in a better class of clients.
In the hotels defense they have hired an off duty cop for the weekends to try and keep a lid on things."

I cannot recommend this property at this time. If you have reservations here you should be able to cancel them. I you choose to stay here I hope that you have a good experience.
I apologize if this causes any disruption to your travel plans.

I will be searching for several moderately priced motels that will allow easy access to the highways that lead to both Zebulon and Cedar Hills.

If you have any recommendations please post them here.

Thanks,
Craig

craigramsdell
Feb 17 2008, 09:50 PM
We now have Jennah Adams #34696 from Hampton VA, Rebecca Filkins #32281 from Southern Pines, Dawn Geist #30543 from Sanford NC and Stephanie Greene #31027 from Charlotte.

Is there any one able to take on these women?

Craig

craigramsdell
Feb 21 2008, 10:32 PM
FYI
So far sponsorship has added almost $1500 worth of merch to the Crosstown.
Sign up today RADL/Am Crosstown flyer and PayPal (http://www.raleighdiscgolf.com/radl/)

Craig