olsen129
Dec 15 2007, 02:40 AM
Clay is on steroids and what is the PDGA going to do.........nothing!!!!! We need a Mitchell Report.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=25765

Smokey102977
Dec 15 2007, 05:13 AM
Ummm....I know alot of players who are taking different growth products.

krazyeye
Dec 15 2007, 05:56 AM
Heck of an allegation.

johnbiscoe
Dec 15 2007, 11:05 AM
...or what about hysell or mtl?? their hat sizes are both off the chart!!!

vwkeepontruckin
Dec 15 2007, 01:40 PM
Clay is on steroids and what is the PDGA going to do.........nothing!!!!! We need a Mitchell Report.

I don't think too many players would be keen to drug testing.

johnrock
Dec 15 2007, 01:50 PM
This past summer, one of our local regulars went to see a doctor about his sore back & neck. The doctor gave him a multi-week steroid treatment. The next several weeks he went on a streak racking up many victories in daily rounds and weekend club activities. After his treatment was over, it was noticiable how his game went back to where it was before the treatment.

olsen129
Dec 15 2007, 06:46 PM
He really isn't, just lifting all the time. I was just causing a stir. I guess my take on it is you could use the stuff and nothing could be done regarding any kind of rules or standards.

MTL21676
Dec 15 2007, 08:48 PM
...or what about hysell or mtl?? their hat sizes are both off the chart!!!

True story...

A few years back I got really bad posion ivy at a tournament. Well the next weekend I was at another tournament and the rash was getting way out of control so I went to urgent care to get it taken care of. They prescribed some steriods and I was told to take them immediantly.

The next day I shot a 1016 round (I was rated like 915) and got the number 1 Charlotte tag (there were about 300 of these).

Well on the message board after that there was talk of how I got the number 1 tag and someone said "geez, MTL tore it up Was he on steriods?"

All I could say was yep, I was.

michaeljo
Dec 15 2007, 09:31 PM
i remember that one, unfortunately i was the one that had the #1 tag before that, but then again it was kilborne and that isnt my best course

johnbiscoe
Dec 15 2007, 09:37 PM
where can i get some of these steroids??? the ones they injected into my spine didn't do a thing.

mannyd_928
Dec 16 2007, 02:28 PM
Another true story...
While playing at Las Vegas Halloween Classic, one of the drunk guys on our card actually accused me of giving my 8 year old son steroids because Nick was constantly outdriving the guy. Drunks...you cant live with 'em, you can't drown them in their own vomit.

poisonelf
Dec 16 2007, 08:11 PM
Hate to tell you all this but the steriods used by doctors offices are not the same used to build strength. They actually boost ones immune system to fight off free radicals. Very few steriods out there would help with disc golf due to the fact most are mass builders (they basically will slow you down). Winsterol and other cutting agents help add strength and speed but most disc golfers couldn't afford them (not to mention the toxicity to a persons liver could put them out of commision for weeks at a time). Most disc golfer other than a few touring pros don't even make enough to support this habit over a prolonged period of time.

scottfaison
Dec 16 2007, 10:06 PM
Yep, the difference between corticosteroid and anabolic steroids. What MTL had was a glorified cortisone shot. So if you want to shoot hot again, just go get some cortisone cream and rub it in. Or maybe it was the poison ivy that made you shot good? Try both and tell me what happens lol

rhett
Dec 17 2007, 04:11 PM
<font color="blue">Post deleted by author, thereby saving the moderation team the trouble.</font>

rocguy77
Dec 18 2007, 10:52 AM
He really isn't, just lifting all the time. I was just causing a stir. I guess my take on it is you could use the stuff and nothing could be done regarding any kind of rules or standards.

i was wondering about that AO, clay's a monster!

bp

bruce_brakel
Dec 18 2007, 11:07 AM
I used to take a human growth hormone booster, a supplement that was proven to improve your production of growth hormone. I slept better at night and had more energy during my rounds. The more I read about the stuff, the less comfortable I felt taking it.

I have taken steroid shots for severe allergies. Those are effective for performance enhancement. Let me go find the tournaments where I was on those... It was 2003. I had a 919 rating at the time. For a couple of weeks I was playing 950 rated golf. Not all of the rounds I played during those weeks were rated. My wife and I also played a couple of doubles tournaments in there and we won in the Men's Intermediate division and the Men's Amateur Master division. I could do steroids just for the recreational value if they weren't so dangerous! Mostly thye just gave me energy at a time of the year when my allergies sap my energy.

For a look at how I play when I'm not on steroids but desperately need them, check out my 2007 Am Nationals rounds. If I play Am Nats this year, I'll be taking steroids.

poisonelf
Dec 18 2007, 01:39 PM
As has been stated before Steriods for allergies, rash, etc are not performance enhancing. They give a boost to your immune system that makes you more energetic and allows you do things you had previous been restricted from. I repeat steriods for allergies and rashes are not performance enhancing. I take hormone boosters now called anabolic prohormones which are legal alternatives to steriods of the past that have no real side affects if taken properly (while they do help with mass and strength they don't help with speed which is necessary in this sport). You could argue the point that you threw all these great rounds while on it but the simple fact is that you felt 100% and thats the difference from previous experiences. (Please note that these supplements haven't helped me with distance or anything else...I'm carrying an additon 30 lbs of muscle that actually slows down my arm speed and has made me focus alot more on finess than pure power. The only difference from last year to this year is that I haven't been missing ten foot putts). If any one has any questions you can send me a PM or continue to post on here.

bruce_brakel
Dec 18 2007, 03:31 PM
I was feeling more like 150%. Maybe 200%. This was at Ludington. After the tournament weekend, after playing six rounds on all three courses, I was running up and down the hill to Beast #1. I've been out there in the fall when I'm allergy free and have not had the energy for that.

These weren't oral allergy meds. This was a big shot in the butt. I got it from a doctor. It was the good stuff! :D

circle_2
Dec 18 2007, 03:35 PM
(Most) prescribed steroids are immuno-suppressive (not enhancing) and they can also thusly suppress inflammation...perhaps lending more range of motion.

Also, 'subjective recovery time' would/could be enhanced (think 2 day tournaments), though likely with a false sense of well-being as one is NOT actually fully recovered but feels better anyway...similar to over the counter aspirin/ibuprofen/Tylenol/Alleve.

chappyfade
Dec 20 2007, 04:21 PM

Adam,

Looks like your troll fishing expedition got a few nibbles. :)

Chap

savard1120
Dec 20 2007, 11:01 PM
does hgh prevent putters thrown at your head?

nitchkabob
Jan 06 2008, 07:09 PM
Red Bull works great as well