gotcha
Dec 12 2007, 09:42 PM
Attention Pittsburgh disc golfers!

Are you ready for the 2008 tournament season? One way to be ready is to join or renew your membership with the Professional Disc Golf Association. As an affiliate club of the PDGA, the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society is requesting our members to either join or renew their membership prior to December 31.

If you like the ease of remitting payment online via credit card, click on the appropriate link below:

2008 New Member (http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1165880731)

2008 Renewal (http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1165880825)

For those of you who prefer to pay with a personal check or money order, Josh Charlton will have plenty of membership forms available at this weekend's Deer Lakes Monthly. The annual membership cost depends upon what your divisional classification is (professional or amateur) and whether or not you opt to receive the PDGA's official publication, Flying Disc Magazine. My understanding is that the first issue of this publication will be mailed in late January and will feature an article on the Lakeview course at Moraine State Park!

Show your support and join the PDGA today!

Regards,

Jerry Gotcher
PFDS Lifetime Member
PDGA # 7956

jmc2442
Dec 13 2007, 08:47 AM
as Jerry mentioned, I will be taking applications at the Deer Lakes Monthly. He covered everything minus one fact...

non-member fees have been raised to $10 per event this year. :o

GET YOUR APP IN NOW AND REAP THE BENEFITS.... player rating, MessageBoard, MAG FROM RICH!.... and feeling good about supporting the sport we all love so much!

gotcha
Dec 13 2007, 09:24 AM
Josh is right about the $10 non-member fee for <u>every</u> B &amp; C tier sanctioned tournament.

And if you want to play in our premier event, the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open, you <u>must</u> be an active PDGA member to compete. By the way, 2008 will be the 20th anniversary of the PFDO! That, alone, should be enough incentive to join or renew for next year! :)

kUrTp
Dec 13 2007, 09:43 AM
Can you put the PFDS membership flyer up! Along with the PDGA everyone should be renewing their PFDS membership.

Rex_Trimm
Dec 13 2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I need to get on that. I was thinking... fishing licsense and a PDGA membership are going to be my gifts to myself this year.

gotcha
Dec 17 2007, 01:40 PM
I renewed my PDGA membership this morning via the online link posted above. It was easy and I received the $5 affiliated club discount! :)

gotcha
Dec 24 2007, 07:42 PM
Has anyone out there in yinzerland renewed their '08 PDGA membership? :)

jef
Dec 25 2007, 10:43 PM
I did.

gotcha
Jan 10 2008, 11:20 AM
Attn: PFDS members,

It's not too late to join or renew your membership with the PDGA under the Club Affiliate Program. In years past, club members had to renew prior to the beginning of the calendar year. That has changed....the PFDS paid a fee to be part of the 2008 Club Affiliate Program so our members can renew or join throughout the new year.....and save $5 on the membership fee!

Click on the link I posted at the beginning of this thread to join or renew. Hurry....because the first issue of the new disc golf magazine will be published in late January or February....and it will feature an article on Moraine State Park written by PFDS member Jeff LaGrassa! :) (I would encourage members to "opt in" for the magazine ~ 6 issues a year for only $10.....a no brainer!)

Jeff_LaG
Jan 10 2008, 01:00 PM
To be accurate, the Moraine State Park article is a joint effort by myself and Randy Michael Signor. :cool:

sandalbagger
Jan 11 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm ready to renew. and who is Randy and has he ever played Moraine?

kUrTp
Jan 11 2008, 02:44 PM
He's the Macho Man