Dec 03 2007, 05:55 PM
Man this looks like it hurt. http://www.discgolftv.com/
And he still wins $10,000!!!!!!

m_conners
Dec 03 2007, 06:07 PM
OUCH!

McCabe
Dec 03 2007, 06:56 PM
He also went on to birdie the next 5 or 6 holes in a row after that...

boredatwork
Dec 03 2007, 07:09 PM
Sometimes you just have to get yourself pumped up a bit

JHBlader86
Dec 03 2007, 11:15 PM

When I read that I was expecting him to get beamed in the head on his drive or putt. I feel so disappointed now.

cbdiscpimp
Dec 03 2007, 11:55 PM
Im sure it pales in comparison to the pain he felt for the last 9 holes of DGLO on the Tobbogan!!!

T_Hizzle
Dec 04 2007, 03:47 PM
Who know's how bad or if it hurt, but it sure was loud!!!!!!
Obviously, it didn't effect his play as he went on to win.

http://www.discgolftv.com/dgtv/389/wmv/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

doot
Dec 08 2007, 05:35 AM

What's the big deal? I routinely miss those..(explains my 876 rating..)

wander
Dec 08 2007, 09:56 AM
Im sure it pales in comparison to the pain he felt for the last 9 holes of DGLO on the Tobbogan!!!

I've got that sick smack in all its gory glory. Haven't taken a close look, but I'm guessing I'll tell that part of the story in episode #22 early next spring.

Joe

savard1120
Dec 08 2007, 09:59 AM
dave feldberg is simply the best disc golfer ever

Smitty2004
Dec 08 2007, 10:35 AM
WRONG!!!!!

What about that dude named Climo?

ChrisWoj
Dec 08 2007, 10:43 AM
Dave Feldberg's parents are Dave Feldberg and Dave Feldberg because only Dave Feldberg could give birth to a disc golfer as good as Dave Feldberg.

Thunder3434
Dec 08 2007, 08:49 PM
I like Dave as next as the next guy think he's going to be a great for a while to come but Smitty is right Ken Climo is the best ever right now. Who knows with the sport growing so fast some kid we have know idea about could be the best ever. Take ball golf we all thought that Jack was best and now we have Tigger.

denny1210
Dec 08 2007, 10:32 PM
No one will ever touch KC's records. If he's Jack, disc golf will never have a Tiger.

woote01
Dec 09 2007, 12:31 AM
Dave Feldberg's parents are Dave Feldberg and Dave Feldberg because only Dave Feldberg could give birth to a disc golfer as good as Dave Feldberg.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! :D:D:DThat sounds about right. KC the King of Kings!

lowe
Dec 09 2007, 06:33 PM
who knows with the sport growing so fast some kid we have know idea about could be the best ever.

Watch for David Wiggins Jr.

lowe
Dec 09 2007, 06:34 PM
Take ball golf we all thought that Jack was best and now we have Tigger.

I like Pooh better.

JHBlader86
Dec 09 2007, 08:51 PM

I think he's related to Chuck Norris somehow.

CSharp24270
Dec 09 2007, 11:22 PM
Feldy still owes me a dollar for beating him at PUTT while we were in Florida.. I hope he doesn't think he will go without paying me my money! I mean he only made $10,000 while we were there... you'd think he could have spared that dollar! How much interest should a dollar gain for.. lets see 3 months until the Gentlemens Club Challenge when I will see him again? :)

tacimala
Dec 10 2007, 02:26 AM
dave is really the best ever, any comments against dave just anger dave

cornhuskers9495
Dec 10 2007, 02:43 PM
dave is really the best ever, any comments against dave just anger dave

I am really good friends with Dave and love him like a brother, but I have to disagree. Why do you think even Dave calls Champ, "Champ". It's called respect and Dave has that for the best DG'er ever...

ChrisWoj
Dec 10 2007, 05:08 PM

Dave Feldberg would be insulted by this. You may recall a period in time where Dave Feldberg had facial hair, this was Dave Feldberg outbearding Chuck Norris. Because he could.

cornhuskers9495
Dec 10 2007, 10:29 PM
He was wearing Chuck Norris..

my bad...

JHBlader86
Dec 11 2007, 12:11 AM

Dave Feldberg would be insulted by this. You may recall a period in time where Dave Feldberg had facial hair, this was Dave Feldberg outbearding Chuck Norris. Because he could.

No disrespect to Dave, but Dave wanted to be like his idol Chuck Norris, but Chuck Norris had the facial hair patented so he went over to Dave's house and round house kicked his beard off!

magilla
Dec 16 2007, 10:51 PM
Why do you think even Dave calls Champ, "Champ". It's called respect and Dave has that for the best DG'er ever...

Unless they are standing on a dock in Florida.... :o

:D

KC will always be "THE" Champ.. :D

ChrisWoj
Dec 17 2007, 02:33 AM
Dave Feldberg can ace a disc so hard that it hits all 18 baskets, checks his score, and then collects his winnings for him.

vwkeepontruckin
Dec 17 2007, 03:14 AM
Dave Feldberg can ace a disc so hard that it hits all 18 baskets, checks his score, and then collects his winnings for him.

Thats funny.

bfunkyp
Dec 17 2007, 09:54 AM
I heard that they renamed the DevilHawk the Dave Feldberg.

playtowin
Dec 19 2007, 11:49 PM
Dave Feldberg doesn't read. He just stares at the cover and it gives up information! lol

JHBlader86
Dec 20 2007, 12:06 AM
So now we've resorted to Dave-ism's or Feldberg-ian's??

denny1210
Dec 20 2007, 12:26 AM
boy time's a flyin'. i remember playing a practice round in 2000 at the miami supertour with the excited rookie whose player profile stated an average drive of 340 ft. he was the last to tee on hole 14. schack, branch, and i were about 50 feet off the pad when dave's disc goes into the basket. when dave started to celebrate both todd and al turned simultaneously and said "no celebrating on practice aces, rookie!"

ChrisWoj
Dec 20 2007, 12:27 AM

feldbergian - adj. - a way to describe an action which is impossible for anyone but Dave Feldberg.
ex. Being able to destroy a sub-standard basket with one's mind is a feldbergian act.

JHBlader86
Dec 20 2007, 01:04 AM

feldbergian - adj. - a way to describe an action which is impossible for anyone but Dave Feldberg.
ex. Being able to destroy a sub-standard basket with one's mind is a feldbergian act.

Question. Since he's known as The Borg, can he assimilate a person and then they will have Feldbergian powers as well??

ChrisWoj
Dec 20 2007, 01:54 AM
This is where we begin to delve into pseudo-feldbergian actions, such as destroying a disagreeable DISC with one's mind. A basket is far beyond the abilities of those assimilated.

JHBlader86
Dec 20 2007, 02:36 AM
This is where we begin to delve into pseudo-feldbergian actions, such as destroying a disagreeable DISC with one's mind. A basket is far beyond the abilities of those assimilated.

But to assimilate means to become one, and if the assimilated are one of Dave "The Borg" Feldberg then they are just as equal as him, and therefore inherit the Feldbergian power to destroy said basket.

ChrisWoj
Dec 20 2007, 04:20 PM
(goes to wikipedia and wastes an hour)

The Feldberg is much like the Borg queen, who is the result of the royalty program. If you were to, somehow, destroy the Feldberg another Feldberg would emerge to dominate the disc golf world.

savard1120
Dec 20 2007, 04:21 PM
Hi, im dave feldberg

JHBlader86
Dec 20 2007, 05:09 PM
(goes to wikipedia and wastes an hour)

The Feldberg is much like the Borg queen, who is the result of the royalty program. If you were to, somehow, destroy the Feldberg another Feldberg would emerge to dominate the disc golf world.

So how do we know that Feldberg is actually the original Dave Feldberg? What if Dave Feldberg is slowly being consumed by the likes of Avery Jenkins and Nate Doss?? Could we see a new species on the horizon?

Dana
Dec 20 2007, 05:28 PM
Wow.

JHBlader86
Dec 20 2007, 05:44 PM
Wow.

Wow what?

We shall name it the Dossimus Averyus Feldbergian. Latin for "Kicks Major [censored]!

bschweberger
Dec 20 2007, 10:05 PM

Question. Since he's known as The Borg, can he assimilate a person and then they will have Feldbergian powers as well??

Watch , The Clash at Renny Video and you will see Feldy assimilate Nate right b4 your very eyes.

shaolintrained
Dec 26 2007, 05:57 PM
That's a great section of the video. Kudos to the touchers during that round.

bschweberger
Dec 26 2007, 08:13 PM
thank you, iTT was a high stakes match.

discchucker
Dec 26 2007, 09:40 PM
So Schweb...what was the side action on that round like?

rizbee
Feb 28 2008, 05:39 PM
Did I miss something or is Dave Feldberg not on the list of Touring Pros?

jmc2442
Feb 28 2008, 05:53 PM
he's not there, wonder who else should be that isn't?

MTL21676
Feb 28 2008, 06:05 PM
I'm on it :D

tbender
Feb 28 2008, 06:42 PM
Matt Hall is on it twice.

the_kid
Feb 28 2008, 07:37 PM
Matt Hall is on it twice.

I think they fixed both......Dave is on there now.

savard1120
Mar 04 2008, 02:21 PM
your the best around, nothings ever gonna keep you down

Thunder3434
Mar 10 2008, 12:06 PM
Did everyone see Dave's final round a 46 rated at 1097 does this mean 1100 is going to happen this year?

Jayviar
Mar 10 2008, 02:41 PM
Does it mean we will? No. There is the same chance this year as any other.

bschweberger
Mar 10 2008, 06:17 PM
Did everyone see Dave's final round a 46 rated at 1097 does this mean 1100 in going to happen this year?

It has already happened

jtkustomizer
Mar 10 2008, 07:18 PM
Did everyone see Dave's final round a 46 rated at 1097 does this mean 1100 in going to happen this year?

It has already happened

Who?When? and Where?

MTL21676
Mar 10 2008, 07:48 PM
Brian Skinner
May 30, 2005
Virginia Open - Spotsylvania, VA

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournamen..._ratings=1#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4707&year=2008&incl ude_ratings=1#Open)

cgkdisc
Mar 10 2008, 08:05 PM
It didn't happen this year. I haven't seen any 1100s this year yet which was his original question.

discchucker
Mar 11 2008, 09:24 AM
It didn't happen this year. I haven't seen any 1100s this year yet which was his original question.

I think the intention of his original question, was that of never seeing 1100 before and so wondering if it could happen this year. Not if it had already happened this year already....Chuck.

cornhuskers9495
Mar 25 2008, 02:25 PM
Thats gotta suck, Bustin' an 11 hungy round and not winning the event..

Dana
May 25 2008, 12:07 PM
killin it in big sky country

1083 and a 1093
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournamen...eRatings=1#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7632&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open)

cgkdisc
May 25 2008, 12:41 PM
If the 1093 holds up officially, it will be 4th best in the 48-53.99 SSA Course category. Skinner (1117), Hatfield (1096) and Arthur (1094) are the top three in that group.

shaolintrained
May 25 2008, 03:20 PM
That's awesome. Borg is insane...probably not human.

dionarlyn
May 26 2008, 02:53 AM
Highest rated back to back rounds ever? Best day of disc golf ever (1088 average)? That man's a machine...

Roosta
May 26 2008, 12:24 PM
shaolin is correct he's not human.....he's a GOD

MiTTenZZ
May 26 2008, 12:43 PM
Nah, he's just Borg.

Jeff_LaG
May 26 2008, 01:01 PM
killin it in big sky country

1083 and a 1093
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournamen...eRatings=1#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7632&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open)

Those unofficial ratings were produced with all divisions playing the same tees. Amateur divisions may have played shorter tees.

Dana
May 26 2008, 02:10 PM
Which course where they at?

Jeff_LaG
May 26 2008, 03:44 PM
Which course where they at?

Blue Mountain in Missoula, Montana.

zaschenbach1
Aug 22 2008, 02:50 PM
congrates to feldberg

discchucker
Aug 23 2008, 12:11 PM
Pi$$ on Feldberg. The guy whines more than any other player on tour.

ross
Aug 23 2008, 12:46 PM
Someone posted this video on the SF Disc Golf Board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8m7RBWgMQ

mannyd_928
Aug 23 2008, 06:25 PM
That was SICK! Seems to me like he assimilated that course!
Good job on the video too!

johnbiscoe
Aug 24 2008, 10:05 AM

...says the advanced player whose stats don't indicate he's ever played a tourney where dave was in attendance...

rollinghedge
Aug 24 2008, 10:10 AM
Probably in reference to this from GDS's website and the fact that the guy is listed as GDS sponsored Am:

Well Nikko didn't finish as well as he started at this year PDGA worlds In Kalamazoo Mi. Leading by as much as 4 strokes after the 1/2 way point in the event, Nikko wound up in 10th place, when it was all said and done.
I'm sure its not what he expected after having the lead but its a great accomplishment and learning experience, plus he's got years and years ahead of him,,,,, this wont be his last chance at a big title!!!!

I watched him play rounds 3-8 in the lead group, everyone with the eventual winner and 20008 pdga mens open world Champion, Dave Feldberg.

While Nikko was playing well everything seemed fine, but once he started throwing bad shots the wheels just seemed to come off.
His drives were not getting close on some easy holes and his putting game seemed to slip away. He still made several big putts but missed some really makable ones too!

Nikko mostly kept his composure for a 19 year old kid with a world championship at stake, despite the constant whining By Dave F and evil glares from Daves Caddy and disc golfer wannabe Steve Mullet!
Dave whined or bitched about every single thing he could think of, mostly on holes he didn't birdie. It was as if the more Dave complained the better he shot and the worse Nikko shot, it was really hard to watch at times.
There was a LOT of tension coming from Dave even when he had a 10 stroke lead, he was still trying to find ways to get in Nikkos head.
After a group warning by the official that was instigated by Daves Caddy trying to get Nikko warned for releasing some tension after a bad shot;
I overheard Dave F conspiring to "stroke Nikko next time he did ANYTHING".
In the past I had heard about Dave and his cronies trying to get another player "off their game", but this time I heard it first hand.
This was disappointing to me because I have always liked Dave (let him stay at my house for weeks at a time for several years) and didn't think of him as someone that would stoop to those levels.
I was awful surprised at how much attention Dave and his caddy was paying to Nikko and even more surprised it actually seemed to help his game!!

I played a lot of competitive rounds of Disc golf at the highest level of competition and for a second wished I was playing in the group against Dave.
It was guys like that who brought out the fire in me.
Well I better stop here before I go much further, I do congratulate Dave for his win, he worked hard and earned this Title, but I guarantee this wont be the last time he pays so much attention to Nikko's Shots.

readysetstab
Aug 24 2008, 02:29 PM
fast forward to a discussion already in progress at disc golf review. some good points to meditate on...

Dave vs. Nikko at Worlds? (http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8638)

cbdiscpimp
Aug 24 2008, 05:56 PM
The funny thing about that entire blog is the fact that Dave shot his lowest rated round of the tournament during the round thats being written about so I dont understand how Dave M thinks that it actually HELPED Daves game.........This is just a biased view from a family member who just wants something to complain about........Nikko is a friend of mine but the way he acted once he started playing poorly was not acceptable and I would have warned and stroked him if I was playing in the group........I have played tournament rounds with Nikko (remember he is my friend) and his actions affect EVERYONE in the group. And actually what happend was we told Nikkos caddy that Nikko better cool it on the F bombs and kicking things because the marshals would do something about it if he kept it up.......Then everyone took it as we were hating on Nikko but that was not the case at all.........We were actually trying to stop the nonsense without having to warn him or make a huge deal about it......Im sure Dave M didnt know or hear anything about this cuz he obviously sees what he wasnt to see and hears what he wants to hear..... but then the Marshall warned the entire group......Which by the way was not a legitimate warning anyway since no one but Nikko had done anything during the round to deserve a warning. Just wrote this so you guys could hear the story from another point of view.

johnbiscoe
Aug 24 2008, 09:14 PM
typical gateway stirring the pot [censored]. if sinclair and mccray (both of whom are great guys) didn't throw that stuff i'd say it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

steve- who was the marshall?

cbdiscpimp
Aug 24 2008, 09:23 PM
typical gateway stirring the pot [censored]. if sinclair and mccray (both of whom are great guys) didn't throw that stuff i'd say it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

:o:o:o

Smitty2004
Aug 24 2008, 09:46 PM
That is pretty Harsh. They do some pretty good discs. The Wizard/Warlock/Magic are all good putters.

As far as the name game. Justin and George are both studs. Boro has to be one of the best 30 foot putters that I have ever played with, and he has never been a problem on or off the course.

I wasn't there so I don't know. It would be pretty stressful leading the worlds and having your game start to head south. I think that anyone would probably react with a few cuss words. Probably not as loud as Nikko was dropping them but a few of them.

I will say that Dave has probably played more rounds with a course marshal on his card then anyone in the world.

Congrats to both. Dave for winning and Nikko for giving the world a scare.

MTL21676
Aug 24 2008, 09:48 PM
just wanna say that Justin Bunnell is a friend of mine and is a great guy. I'm sure most who know him would agree.

Chris Boro is the same - a buddy of mine and a great guy.

I'm really trying to stay out of threads and discussions like this lately but I will always stand up for my friends!

johnbiscoe
Aug 24 2008, 09:59 PM
Post deleted by johnbiscoe

mannyd_928
Aug 24 2008, 10:19 PM
You have to admit that John have a point. At almost every tourney you hear that Nikko has played, you hear about some sort of drama or negativity that he was directly involved in or caused. There's no doubt that the kid has skills, but that can be overshadowed by your bad attitude or reputation as having a bad attitude. I suggest anger management counseling. It couldn't hurt!

JHBlader86
Aug 24 2008, 10:51 PM

Okay, so let me get this straight. You're responding and criticizing David Mac and his public blog post of an attack on David F. by posting an attack on David Mac on a public blog.

Irony? Hypocritical? Both?

MTL21676
Aug 24 2008, 10:58 PM
When you've been a state coordinator for years, been the face of an entire state of disc golf, built a course on FAMILY land so others can enjoy it and ran events the quality of John Biscoe, you have earned the right to say pretty much whatever you want about disc golf.

JHBlader86
Aug 24 2008, 11:07 PM
Earning the right doesnt equal having to use the right. Example, I have the right to bear arms but that doesnt mean I'm going gun shopping. I'm simply pointing out how someone here is seemingly trying to put themselves up on a pedestal, yet does exactly what they are condoning.

MTL21676
Aug 24 2008, 11:12 PM
You remind me a lot of myself a few years ago. Trust me when I say that it's best to not always give your opinion about stuff. Learn from my mistakes - most people have lost a lot of respect for me b/c of always giving my opinions about stuff. While I will always do it to a degree, trust me, especially with stuff you don't agree with, keep stuff to yourself even when you think you are 100% correct while you still have a some what good reputation.

Luke Butch
Aug 24 2008, 11:26 PM
The funny thing about that entire blog is the fact that Dave shot his lowest rated round of the tournament during the round thats being written about so I dont understand how Dave M thinks that it actually HELPED Daves game.........This is just a biased view from a family member who just wants something to complain about........Nikko is a friend of mine but the way he acted once he started playing poorly was not acceptable and I would have warned and stroked him if I was playing in the group........I have played tournament rounds with Nikko (remember he is my friend) and his actions affect EVERYONE in the group. And actually what happend was we told Nikkos caddy that Nikko better cool it on the F bombs and kicking things because the marshals would do something about it if he kept it up.......Then everyone took it as we were hating on Nikko but that was not the case at all.........We were actually trying to stop the nonsense without having to warn him or make a huge deal about it......Im sure Dave M didnt know or hear anything about this cuz he obviously sees what he wasnt to see and hears what he wants to hear..... but then the Marshall warned the entire group......Which by the way was not a legitimate warning anyway since no one but Nikko had done anything during the round to deserve a warning. Just wrote this so you guys could hear the story from another point of view.

but Dave does whine more than anyone else on tour. everyone knows that.

I think the last time he took responsibility for throwing a bad shot was somewhere in 2001. its always a spectator, another player, bad course design, poor TD, etc. NEVER himself.

and I've seen him whine, [censored], and complain his way to 5+ stroke A/NT tier wins more than once. it obviously doesn't hurt him, but can definitely affect the group.

a lot of players get [censored] off during a round and curse, towel whip, whatever. but they aren't doing it while shooting 1050+ rounds..thats just Dave

JHBlader86
Aug 24 2008, 11:49 PM
You remind me a lot of myself a few years ago. Trust me when I say that it's best to not always give your opinion about stuff. Learn from my mistakes - most people have lost a lot of respect for me b/c of always giving my opinions about stuff. While I will always do it to a degree, trust me, especially with stuff you don't agree with, keep stuff to yourself even when you think you are 100% correct while you still have a some what good reputation.

But you just said the other guy could say whatever he wanted to. So which is it? Some people can say what they want, while others cant? Why the double standard?

On a side note I find most people have shown me alot of respect because I DO speak my mind.

discchucker
Aug 25 2008, 09:57 AM

...says the advanced player whose stats don't indicate he's ever played a tourney where dave was in attendance...

Hey Biscoe...my opinion of Feldberg goes back to 2004. You see, there was this small little tournament in Des Moines, IA. You might remember it, the 2004 Worlds? Well, when pro's come into town early to practice the courses, there are chances to play along side or in front or behind these guys. I had a chance then to play some rounds either with or the card behind players like Nate Doss, Avery Jenkins, Stevie Rico, Ron Russell and your beloved Feldberg. And the first time I met Feldberg, he was complaining about the courses and other things. Avery, Nate and Stevie were great guys to hang out with and play rounds with.

On a side note, Ron Russell isn't all that when he's playing good, and **** is he tall.

MikeG
Aug 25 2008, 10:57 AM
I think the last time he took responsibility for throwing a bad shot was somewhere in 2001. its always a spectator, another player, bad course design, poor TD, etc. NEVER himself.

Looks like he blamed his head for missing the putt... http://www.discgolftv.com/dgtv/389/wmv/newest?channel_id=0&page=1

20460chase
Aug 25 2008, 10:58 AM

Yeah. Just so you know, I sell Gateway putters 3 to 1 over any other putters on the market. Also, just so you know, McCormack is one of friendliest and most approachable people in the sport. He doesnt hide secrets and will offer up any info you ask about.

Everyone has moments they would like to take back, since you cant, you only hope that a lesson is learned from them. Nikko is going to be whipping [censored] for a long time in this game if he chooses to go that route. Hes grown up alot and has shown there is still a long way to go. Hes a kid, and not all can be as composed as McBeth and Uliberri.

Lets talk about growing up and mistakes. Anyone care to talk about the USDGC and the rumors Ive heard about scoring and Feldberg? I address them as rumors despite the fact I trust the people that told me about them. And I agree with everyone on here when they say DF is a whiner. I played cards with him and he whined through that as well. I guess nobody saw the Clash? To me it seems he could do some growing up himself. DF is a massive talent on the course, theres no denying that, but much like some other talented Innova stars, they arent against acting like an [censored] out there.

20460chase
Aug 25 2008, 11:06 AM

Thats funny MTL, thats WHY I like and RESPECT you.

abee1010
Aug 25 2008, 11:08 AM
Hes a kid, and not all can be as composed as McBeth and Uliberri.

Uh, I heard that Uliberri RIPPED his PUTTER in HALF at worlds. What is the definition of composed?

cgkdisc
Aug 25 2008, 11:10 AM
Simply strength training exercise...

20460chase
Aug 25 2008, 11:19 AM

Uh, I heard that Uliberri RIPPED his PUTTER in HALF at worlds. What is the definition of composed?

Thats nothing I havent seen before, and I think its alot differnt than crying the whole round about everything you can, or dropping F-Bombs all over the place...or maybe kicking signs and insulting spotters.

Paul and I stayed in the same house all week, and he blamed that on playing with Mike Robinson. Ive played alot with Mike, its not so far fetched. Its funny, I knew someone would bring this up, and I stand by what I said. Paul is a great kid, mature beyond his age IMO.

Who does tearing your own putter in half hurt? Putters dont tear loud.

OSTERTIP
Aug 25 2008, 11:36 AM
On a side note, Ron Russell isn't all that when he's playing good, and **** is he tall.

You must not rate a guy on one day or one weeks play. I have played with and seen Ron play some of the sickest golf I have ever seen. And when he is on, that sneak-up putt is crazy accurate from 100 feet and closer.
The weird thing is that he never looks like he is trying at all. He uses a 6-pack cooler as his bag and only needs about 4-5 disc to play most rounds.

discchucker
Aug 25 2008, 11:43 AM

You must not rate a guy on one day or one weeks play. I have played with and seen Ron play some of the sickest golf I have ever seen. And when he is on, that sneak-up putt is crazy accurate from 100 feet and closer.
The weird thing is that he never looks like he is trying at all. He uses a 6-pack cooler as his bag and only needs about 4-5 disc to play most rounds.

I should have elaborated on this statement. He wasn't all that much fun to follow for a round because he was playing bad. Ron has the game that I could only hope for. Even on my best day, I couldn't contend with that guy.

JHBlader86
Aug 25 2008, 11:43 AM
Shawn Sinclair was telling me a story about him watching Ron practicing his putting and Ron kept telling himself "Come on Ron miss one! You will not hit this putt!" and he kept hitting every single one of them. Must be a really sick putter because when I say "Come on JD you'll hit this!" it goes 30 ft. past the basket.

ChrisWoj
Aug 25 2008, 11:52 AM
Sounds like I've got the wrong approach to my mental game.

"C'mon Woj, hit that tree, hit that tree!" Hmm... could work.

MTL21676
Aug 25 2008, 12:05 PM
I think everyone, even the most calm and composed players, have moments they are not proud of where a bad round or a bad weekend got to them and they just had to release some anger.

I've seen Bob West Sportsmenship winners dropping GD's and F bombs during rounds. It happens to anyone who loves this game and strives for perfection at it from time to time.

JHBlader86
Aug 25 2008, 12:23 PM
It depends on whether or not you're a competitive person. I am a highly competitive person and hold myself up to very high standards and when I find that I'm not playing up to my personal expectations I too will curse and rant. Nothing like Nikko has done in the past, but I can definitely drop about 10 F bombs in a 6 word sentence.

Alot of disc golfers just enjoy playing and dont care about the prizes or titles, and then there the competitive ones such as several of us here and those we've mentioned. Me personally, I dont care about the winnings. I see it like when I'm playing poker. I want to do my best to show people I can play and work my butt off to do so. The title and recognition is more important over the prize(s).

JHBlader86
Aug 25 2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds like I've got the wrong approach to my mental game.

"C'mon Woj, hit that tree, hit that tree!" Hmm... could work.

And yet you'll end up "Nice-ing" yourself.

veganray
Aug 25 2008, 12:35 PM
I see it like when I'm playing poker. I want to do my best to show people I can play and work my butt off to do so. The title and recognition is more important over the prize(s).

In poker, if you are not consciously thinking of maximizing your long-term winning$, you <u>CAN'T</u> be playing your best, as that is exactly the object of the game.

Could it be the same in disc golf?

JHBlader86
Aug 25 2008, 12:48 PM
Well when I play poker I think about whether or not I made the right decision. The same idea can be applied to disc golf when you know your limitations. Example, I cant roll, sidearm and thumb worth a crap. I may see others be able to do it successfully but not me so I wont try it. Thus, I've made the right decision by deciding to play the shot safe and I cannot fault myself for it. And just like poker you dont who you'll meet just like playing a course, you may not know what situation you'll be in after your shot, so you adapt to the lie like you'd adapt to the player. The two games have more in common than one would think.

veganray
Aug 25 2008, 01:16 PM
Well when I play poker I think about whether or not I made the right decision.

You shouldn't look back &amp; ponder whether you made the right decision the last time, but look at the current set of game conditions &amp; make the right decision for the here &amp; now. The right decision, meaning the one that will maximize your long-term rewards. Just like in disc golf (or any other game, for that matter, if you're playing wisely, game theory-wise).

Note that in many games (and in poker &amp; disc golf for some folks, I suppose), the player may define rewards as something other than ca$h &amp; may adjust his play to maximize those more nebulous long-term rewards, and not necessarily their long term ca$h.

abee1010
Aug 25 2008, 02:46 PM

Thats nothing I havent seen before, and I think its alot differnt than crying the whole round about everything you can, or dropping F-Bombs all over the place...or maybe kicking signs and insulting spotters.

Paul and I stayed in the same house all week, and he blamed that on playing with Mike Robinson. Ive played alot with Mike, its not so far fetched. Its funny, I knew someone would bring this up, and I stand by what I said. Paul is a great kid, mature beyond his age IMO.

I am not judging Paul based on that incident. I have played a couple rounds with him and he has been supercool and quite mellow. I was actually really surprised to hear about Paul destroying his putter because he is so mellow. I never heard the full story anyway, so it is hard to say what the circumstances were and the events leading up to it. It is even more surprising to hear you say that he blamed it on Mike Robinson? I played the last 2 rounds of the tournament with Mike and I had no problem with him whatsoever. He was showing some disapponitment in his game, but we were toward the bottom of the pool at that point so none of us had much to cheer about. Perhaps his behavior just happened to be better when he was playing with me, I guess he did seem like he had the type of personality where he could go off the deep end...

Dana
Aug 25 2008, 03:34 PM
It sure is fun to watch him (MDR) throw a disc though.

Also, during the semi final round at Osthemo I did hear Feldberg give Nikko some words of encouragement. That was with about 4-5 holes to go.

MDR_3000
Aug 25 2008, 05:21 PM

I am not judging Paul based on that incident. I have played a couple rounds with him and he has been supercool and quite mellow. I was actually really surprised to hear about Paul destroying his putter because he is so mellow. I never heard the full story anyway, so it is hard to say what the circumstances were and the events leading up to it. It is even more surprising to hear you say that he blamed it on Mike Robinson? I played the last 2 rounds of the tournament with Mike and I had no problem with him whatsoever. He was showing some disapponitment in his game, but we were toward the bottom of the pool at that point so none of us had much to cheer about. Perhaps his behavior just happened to be better when he was playing with me, I guess he did seem like he had the type of personality where he could go off the deep end...

I'm about 99% sure he was joking. the 1% being, my poor putting is contagious.

rob
Feb 19 2009, 03:41 PM
Anybody notice Danny Feldberg on American Idol? He's got a really good chance of winning. :D

cevalkyrie
Mar 22 2010, 09:35 PM
What happened to Feldberg at this event? Does anyone have info.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10153

JHBlader86
Mar 23 2010, 12:57 AM
I would say it was because it was a 900 rated round and he wanted to salvage what he could so he DNF'd.

discette
Mar 23 2010, 11:10 AM
I would say it was because it was a 900 rated round and he wanted to salvage what he could so he DNF'd.

I doubt it had anything to do with ratings. He actually finished Round 1 and earned a 900 rating. That round is way too low to be included in his ratings so he didn't need to salvage anything. He was most likely sick or injured.

Angst
Mar 23 2010, 03:21 PM
Injury. Twisted his ankle.

cevalkyrie
Mar 23 2010, 11:41 PM
Injury. Twisted his ankle.

Thanks for the info. You don't go from winning the memorial to shooting 900 rated golf and dnf'ing for no reason.

gippy
Apr 05 2010, 08:50 PM
Only when its justified really. Nikko whines about everything not prefect.

dstearns5
Jul 13 2010, 04:29 PM
Only when its justified really. Nikko whines about everything not prefect.

Wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF7zMNwP7gM

phluffhead
Jul 13 2010, 05:43 PM
wow awesome find dstearns too bad there's already a whole thread about it.

dstearns5
Jul 13 2010, 07:19 PM
wow awesome find dstearns too bad there's already a whole thread about it.

I never claimed to have a great find, smart guy. I also know about the other thread, but was referring to the comment claiming that Dave only whines when it is justified. Thanks for your constructive comment.

phluffhead
Jul 13 2010, 08:16 PM
Are you trying to say a broken fingernail isn't jusification?

phluffhead
Jul 13 2010, 08:18 PM
Or hearing NikkoRico in your head? I too would fluff it with that in my head. Poor example please try again

the_kid
Jul 13 2010, 08:20 PM
Are you trying to say a broken fingernail isn't jusification?

Considering they beat 3rd by 10......NO

Geez maybe the fingernail made him play smarter? Needless to say he always has a reason and I'm sure he has one for Sweden as well.

If he would have shot 980 golf then yes he could have complained about it but when you are shooting well it must have not messed with you too much.

bruce_brakel
Jul 13 2010, 10:38 PM
Is this the PDGA website?

Did I miss something? Is free speech back?

Here we have an entire thread devoted to slinging dirt at a PDGA Board member and the slingers weren't banned for a year already?

Or is there some kind of grandfather clause because the thread was started before he was on the Board? Does this mean that if I start a thread now about that bald little Napolean of the PDGA, I can say whatever I want if he gets elected to the Board?

quickdisc
Jul 14 2010, 07:27 PM
I think everyone, even the most calm and composed players, have moments they are not proud of where a bad round or a bad weekend got to them and they just had to release some anger.

I've seen Bob West Sportsmenship winners dropping GD's and F bombs during rounds. It happens to anyone who loves this game and strives for perfection at it from time to time.

Same here. I have spoken to players on and off the course and they are just people trying to do their best.

It's gotta be Tough touring and playing so many courses and tournaments and still be on top of your game. Everyone has Good days and Bad Days so to speak , so I do cut them some slack. Just be Cool to them and show some respect when possible. No one is always perfect. :)

gippy
Aug 04 2010, 09:42 PM
Alot of Haters on here WOW