filobedo
Nov 28 2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder if Real Sports would have any interest in a disc golf story and/or attend a tournament because they do alot of positive stories on all types of sports.

wander
Nov 29 2007, 09:00 AM
I know of a disc golfer / video producer who works at HBO Sports and he is pretty well placed to plug the sport since he has a role in most productions there in one capacity or another. Hopefully, something will develop over time.

Joe

lvdgc
Dec 03 2007, 06:35 AM
I talked to a VP regarding sales for ESPN2. It is only $30,000 for 1/2 hour of air time (of course it would be Sunday morning at 3 AM.) This is how spelling bees and chess tournaments get air time...they pay for it.

wander
Dec 03 2007, 08:46 AM
That's 30K for the air time. Production of a show that meets station standards would probably cost at least that much again.

I think a better option might be the Golf Channel, sometime around this time of year during the Silly Season when there are fewer tournies and more opportunities for purchasing a block of time.

That's still an expensive proposition, and given the lack of money in our sport for tilting at windmills, its not a likely scenario.

Maybe something more reasonable like a "Disc Golf Minute" commercial updated and aired a few times a week. A quick what's happening item to give a quick snapshot of the weeks events and highlights.

For now, I'm sticking with Public Access. The price is right, at least.

Joe

atxdiscgolfer
Dec 03 2007, 09:28 PM
OLN-outdoor life network has always been interested maybe you should submit a video

wander
Dec 04 2007, 08:59 AM
OLN was once long ago involved in some PDGA broadcasts, from one of the Texas worlds if I remember. Long ago. Before the network got much penetration in cable listings. Long before they changed to Versus. I think Marty Liquori Productions produced the piece. Of course, few of us ever saw it and the PDGA has retained no rights to the piece, as far as I recall.

No, I haven't sent the network anything. Putting out my show keeps me too busy as it is, and when I get some time to do some promotions, my efforts will be focused elsewhere. It would be nice if the paid PDGA promotions staff worked this angle, but I'm not sure that's happening either.

Joe