JerryChesterson
Nov 28 2007, 11:30 AM
Greetings,

The SADC is gaining steam and it is time to hold the first meeting of the San Antonio Disc Club. I've volunteered to coordinate this first meeting. As part of that process I�m gathering agenda topics for the meeting. To date I�ve gathered the following agenda topics:

<ul type="square">
Club Charter &amp; By Laws
----- Review proposed club charter
----- Discuss and make changes as needed
----- Vote to approve the charter
2008 Goals � Set goals for the SADC for 2008 as it pertains to key club activities.
----- Tournaments
----- --- SADC Ice Bowl
----- --- Budweiser 6 Pack Series
----- --- LOSO
----- --- Bryan McClain Open
----- Leagues / Minis
----- Bag Tags
Elected Positions
----- Review positions and solicit input on who to fill those positions
----- Elections to be open for 1 week
Non-Profit Status � Discuss the idea of non-profit status, pros and cons
Club Communications
----- What is needed
----- What is productive and appropriate
----- What is the best way to communicate
Collection of Skills / Volunteers
[/list]

We know that most people just want to play and not meet, but this first meeting will be very important to the foundation of disc golf in San Antonio. We want to wait until after the first of the year to hold the meeting since this time of year is very busy for everyone. Proposed dates are either the evening of January 16th or the evening January 19th. I�ll post a poll in the next reply for people to vote on which date works best for you.

If you have additional agenda topics you�d like discussed, please contact the SADC at [email protected], PM Scott Hougland, or give your suggestions to Bird at the Saturday minis.

Even if you are not interested in holding one of the elected positions and are just interested in playing disc golf, you should join the SADC and attend this meeting. The SADC wants and needs the input of all of the golfers in the San Antonio area to make this club a success. Joining now and attending this meeting will ensure that you have a voice in how the club is run. Plus I�m sure we�ll all hang out and party after the meeting :-) (Jerry please bring Shut the Box!)

Thank you,
Scott Hougland

JerryChesterson
Nov 28 2007, 11:38 AM

hardways78222
Nov 28 2007, 09:40 PM
I don"t know if I can make the 26th till late in the evening (work), so I guess we all know what day I voted for. I will bring Shut the Box for sure!!! I might even bring some beer, not that I drink, I just have friends that do. :D:D:D:D

Grog
Nov 28 2007, 09:54 PM
I don"t know if I can make the 26th till late in the evening (work), so I guess we all know what day I voted for. I will bring Shut the Box for sure!!! I might even bring some beer, not that I drink, I just have friends that do. :D:D:D:D

Dammit Jerry, I hurt my ***** when I fell out of my chair laffing. :D:D

wheresdave
Nov 28 2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/docs/022307discgolf/DISC_RULES.html

JerryChesterson
Nov 29 2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/docs/022307discgolf/DISC_RULES.html

That is awesome. Did you do that?

wheresdave
Nov 29 2007, 09:50 AM
No Kudos must go to Mike Fisher from the San Antonio News and Express :D

opereida
Dec 02 2007, 03:23 PM
Two more SADC Members joined today :).....Welcome. So where is the meeting going to be?

JerryChesterson
Dec 02 2007, 09:02 PM
We can have it at my house if that is cool with everyone. I'll just need to compile a list of people who are coming 1 day prior to the meeting.

opereida
Dec 02 2007, 09:49 PM
Add your name to the meeting list. SADC CLUB MEMBERS ONLY!!!

<u>1st Club Meeting Attendee List</u>

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida

Grog
Dec 02 2007, 10:04 PM
I'll be there.

Scott PM me or email me your address por favor.

opereida
Dec 02 2007, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE]

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway

wheresdave
Dec 02 2007, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE]

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger

Grog
Dec 02 2007, 10:19 PM
Pssst! Bird, should we add Scott since he's hosting it? Maybe we should just surprise him! :o:D

Grog
Dec 02 2007, 10:24 PM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland

wheresdave
Dec 02 2007, 11:07 PM
Bird is there away we can get a update members list since we have had all this recent sign up's /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D

opereida
Dec 02 2007, 11:15 PM
I'll post a members list tomorrow. I'm going to bed. So far 22 Members. :)

wheresdave
Dec 02 2007, 11:34 PM
oops you forgot AND GROWING /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D

hardways78222
Dec 03 2007, 08:13 AM
I'm there.

Dec 03 2007, 11:29 AM
Doctor Splittypants will be there...

Dec 03 2007, 11:55 AM
Bill Karshis
Randall Karshis

opereida
Dec 03 2007, 03:37 PM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland
[b]Jerry Lively[b]

TXZRX1100
Dec 03 2007, 03:45 PM
1st Club Meeting Attendee List

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland
Jerry Lively
David Snyder

opereida
Dec 06 2007, 05:59 AM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland
Jerry Lively
David Snyder
[b]Paul Taylor[b]

vinnie
Dec 06 2007, 08:28 AM
HEY!!!!!!
What happened at the meeting??????/

JerryChesterson
Dec 06 2007, 09:39 AM
The meeting will be on 01/16/08 or 01/19/08 (most likely on 01/19/08).

vinnie
Dec 06 2007, 10:09 AM
ok....I may try to join yah.......I can be the fly on the wall

Paul Taylor
Dec 06 2007, 01:57 PM
I'll put the honey out... It would be nice to have somebody to guide us as we start. It's an exciting time....

hardways78222
Dec 07 2007, 08:33 PM
Vinnie, in a earlier post they said it was for members only. I will see Bird tomorrow, If you are not already a member you will be as of 12/8/07. Put your name on the meeting list. ;)

vinnie
Dec 10 2007, 08:33 AM
thank you sirs....It's my honor to be a part of the group.
That makes me:
Round Rock member
Waterloo member
Temple member
Arlington member
San Antonio member

JerryChesterson
Dec 11 2007, 05:39 PM
It's official, the initial San Antonio Disc Club meeting will be held Saturday January 19th @ 6:00 PM. Deborah Myers Real Estate has graciously agreed to let me host the meeting at their office in the conference room. This should make for an effective meeting. Then for those that are game, we can move on over a few blocks to my house for some party activities.

Who: All SADC Members
What: Initail SADC Club Meeting
When: 01/19/2008 @ 6:00 PM
Where: 1812 Nacogdoches
"Carousel Court"
San Antonio, Texas 78209

More details to come ... get the word out :D

vinnie
Dec 12 2007, 08:18 AM
Sound like a winner...I will provide a raffle....each meeting attended will entered in for a drawing to be held AFFTER the meeting.
More than likely staying the weekend......so I can party like a newly carded 44 year old /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hardways78222
Dec 12 2007, 09:21 PM
What kind of beer do you drink, or would you prefer liquor?

Grog
Dec 12 2007, 09:48 PM
Sound like a winner...I will provide a raffle....each meeting attended will entered in for a drawing to be held AFFTER the meeting.
More than likely staying the weekend......so I can party like a newly carded 44 year old /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

:p

Is that all you kids think about, party party party! :p

Grog
Dec 12 2007, 09:49 PM
What kind of beer do you drink, or would you prefer liquor?

I fear no beer!

But liquor is quicker!!

vinnie
Dec 13 2007, 08:59 AM
There will be lots of work done at the meeting....
Work hard and player hard
knob creek.....is nice :D

hardways78222
Dec 13 2007, 08:22 PM
It'll be there sir!!!! :D

Grog
Dec 13 2007, 11:14 PM
maybe a little Jack Single Barrel

JerryChesterson
Dec 14 2007, 09:09 AM
If you are going to drink expensive whiskey, you might as well narrow it down a little more and stick with a good Scotch. I love scotch. Scotchy scotchy scotch!

Dec 14 2007, 12:06 PM
No can do the scotch my friend. I even tried Johnny Walker Blue Label, I'll stick with my Tennesee Sippin' Whiskey.

Grog
Dec 14 2007, 12:09 PM
No can do the scotch my friend, I even tried Johnny Walker Blue Label. I'll stick to my Tennesee Sippin' Whiskey and Herradura.

Raymond_Pereida
Dec 14 2007, 04:07 PM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland
Jerry Lively
David Snyder
Paul Taylor
Raymond Pereida
Ernie Hernandez

JerryChesterson
Dec 14 2007, 04:30 PM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland
Jerry Lively
David Snyder
Paul Taylor
Raymond Pereida
Ernie Hernandez
Vinnie Miller

hardways78222
Dec 14 2007, 10:59 PM
Add my wife Jeanine to the list. I was also going to bring some Dalmore a good single malt, As you know a single malt is THE BOMB.

chuckles
Dec 15 2007, 02:16 PM
Add me to the list! Charlie C. I am going to try to get the wife out of town that weekend so I can party like a Rock Star in SA! :D I'll bring Forty Creek.

JerryChesterson
Dec 15 2007, 04:23 PM
<u> 1st Club Meeting Attendee List </u>

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Greg Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland aka Jerry Chesterson aka MacFromMikeTysonsPunchOut aka StaggerLee aka Billy Gibbons
Jerry Lively
David Snyder
Paul Taylor
Raymond Pereida
Ernie "BBQ King" Hernandez
Vinnie Miller
Charles "Chuckles" Chapman

JerryChesterson
Dec 15 2007, 04:27 PM
Here is a map to the meeting location.
Deborah Myers Real Estate (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;time=&amp;date=&amp;ttype=&amp;q=1812+ Nacogdoches,+San+Antonio,+Texas+78209&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=29.772081,59.238281&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=29.5 06886,-98.45885&amp;spn=0.007974,0.014462&amp;z=16&amp;iwloc=addr&amp;om= 1)

JerryChesterson
Dec 15 2007, 04:29 PM
<u> 1st Club Meeting Attendee List </u>

Orlando "Bird" Pereida
Stacey "The Ringer" Pereida
Greg "Grog" Galloway
Chain_Chinger
Scott Hougland aka Jerry Chesterson aka MacFromMikeTysonsPunchOut aka StaggerLee aka Billy Gibbons
Jerry Lively's Drunk
David "bagger" Snyder
Paul "Coach" Taylor
Raymond "Ace" Pereida
Ernie "BBQ King" Hernandez
Vinnie "Mr. Concrete" Miller
Charles "Chuckles" Chapman
Jeanine Lively Puts up with Jerry

JerryChesterson
Jan 20 2008, 09:59 PM
On January 19, 2008, the SADC hosted their first club meeting. The Charter &amp; Bylaws (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Charter%20and%20Bylaws.pdf) where approved, SADC Officers where elected, and goals where set for 2008. The Charter &amp; Bylaws (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Charter%20and%20Bylaws.pdf) and Meeting Minutes (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Meeting%20Minutes%202008.01.19.pdf) are available for download on the SADC website's membership page at www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/membership.htm (http://www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/membership.htm). The following officers where elected:

President - Orlando Pereida
Financial Officer - Scott Hougland
Secretary - Open
Membership &amp; Communication Officer - Stacey Pereida
Promotions &amp; Marketing Officer - Greg Galloway
Nani Falcone Pro - Paul Taylor
Bryan McClain Pro - Orlando Pereida

Thanks to all those who came and all of those who have supported the SADC. Contact the SADC at [email protected] for more information.

opereida
Jan 20 2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks Scott for taking us through the bylaws and charter. You were very well organized and it went really smooth. It was more than I expected to get accomplished at the 1st meeting. It's going to be a great year. Thanks to everyone who showed up. Let's make this happen.

Grog
Jan 20 2008, 11:24 PM
Scott,
Thanks for assuming the role of secretary for our initial meeting. Thanks also to all that attended. SADC has hit the ground running.

On the subject of the open position at Secretary. If you've been thinking of joining and have good organizational skills; or if you're already a member and were unable to make the meeting; please contact a member of the executive committee. The position is hard work, but getting help from fellow members is not a problem with this group.

vinnie
Jan 21 2008, 12:07 PM
Good meeting and well attended!!!
Yah are off to a great start.
thanks for inviting me and for the after meeting gathering at Scott's house.
Good times

geomy
Jan 21 2008, 12:18 PM
Ditto to Vinnie's post. Sorry I couldn't make it to the afterparty, but the movie was good. I smell good things coming from SADC, keep it up guys and gals!

SAP
Jan 21 2008, 03:50 PM
I was impressed with the turnout and participation. :D The meeting was on track, to the point, and well organized......great job Scott :)! Thanks Elise &amp; Scott, for the hospitality! Any leftover cookies :D

And a special thanks to Deborah Myers, for hosting SADC's meeting place!!! :D

As SADC's Membership &amp; Communication Officer......
Welcome All!!!!
Here's to SADC 2008!!!!
Updates to come via mail or email (any address changes please PM me)

I look forward to a great year!!!! See ya on the playing grounds :cool:What bag tag # do you have :D

opereida
Jan 22 2008, 12:16 AM
On January 19, 2008, the SADC hosted their first club meeting. The Charter &amp; Bylaws (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Charter%20and%20Bylaws.pdf) where approved, SADC Officers where elected, and goals where set for 2008. The Charter &amp; Bylaws (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Charter%20and%20Bylaws.pdf) and Meeting Minutes (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/SADC%20Meeting%20Minutes%202008.01.19.pdf) are available for download on the SADC website's membership page at www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/membership.htm (http://www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/membership.htm). The following officers where elected:

President - Orlando Pereida
Financial Officer - Scott Hougland
Secretary - Open
Membership &amp; Communication Officer - Stacey Pereida
Promotions &amp; Marketing Officer - Greg Galloway
Nani Falcone Pro - Paul Taylor
Bryan McClain Pro - Orlando Pereida

Thanks to all those who came and all of those who have supported the SADC. Contact the SADC at [email protected] for more information.

The Secretary Position has been filled by Jerry Lively. Thanks for stepping up!!!

Grog
Jan 22 2008, 12:25 AM
Way to go Road Kill! We appreciate everything you do!