dgdave
Nov 20 2007, 10:07 PM
Here's a link to a post I made at Disc Golf Review. I would like some constructive criticism. I've been sidearming for about 5 or 6 monthes. I have pretty good D, but no ones ever helped me with it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4785

pnkgtr
Nov 20 2007, 11:08 PM
If you can get the distance you need and the results are repeatable, keep doing that. The arm swinging seems like a bit of a distraction though.

pdiddy71
Nov 21 2007, 02:03 AM
i throw sidearm and occasionally i throw discs that are overstable into the ground or either don't stable out and fade like they usually do. some of the discs i throw sidearm are teerex's, monster's, star max, wraith,destroyters, and other similiar discs.

readysetstab
Nov 21 2007, 08:47 AM
the arm swinging helps the overall motion. i think it helps to get the hips involved. i do it too, and i can't get the same kind of distance when i don't do it. kind of like what an x step does for backhand throws. of course, the swinging is done while doing a backward x step (forehand x step i guess), but i don't think the steps help as much for forehands. bottom line... keep swinging if you're comfortable with it.

dgdave
Nov 21 2007, 08:49 AM
The arm swinging is a timing/rhythm thing

nc_discgolfer
Nov 22 2007, 01:11 PM
My technique is similar, but I use a two or three step run-up and I don't use the pendulum motion during my run-up. Keep doing what your doing your technique looks good. As long as your accuracy is good I won't change anything.

pnkgtr
Nov 25 2007, 02:13 AM
The arm swinging is a timing/rhythm thing

I just feel that with most athletic endeavors the simpler the better. It's not as though you can't have timing without it. And, what would you do if you could only stand flat footed to throw? Your timing should be developed from the simplest motion not the most complex. If you really analyzed your throw I think you'd find that your true timing is with your front/plant foot and your arm.

Birdie
Nov 25 2007, 06:34 PM
He is throwing just like Avery Jenkins...

Avery has bombed a sidearm over 500ft....or so it says on USDGC live...I think it was Schweby saying it, or Barry:D...

But seriously...maybe you need someone like that to help you more...

...or throw a devilhawk...

jmonny
Nov 29 2007, 12:51 PM
incredible sidearm skill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZ9HjtJwSM

Nov 29 2007, 01:24 PM
amazing get out of trouble roller

drdisc
Dec 07 2007, 12:00 AM
For a good breakdown on all throws, check out the new DVD , Disc Golf 101. If nothing else, it will help you teach new players.