Nov 19 2007, 02:03 PM
My kids don't want to be lumped in with the adults. My son is only 7 and my daughter is 11 and they want to see how they rate for kids their own age. Its hard enough when they have to play events against adults. I am trying to encourage them to keep playing Disc Golf but its not very fun for a 7 year old to have play against grown men at every event. At the beginning of the year he was rated 5th in the world in his age group, now he may be 1st. He loves DG but wants to know how he rates for his age group.

enkster
Nov 19 2007, 05:19 PM
If you check out this site, you can get the ratings by points of all players within the age group. Unfortunately, you can not sort by rating, but at least you can check it out.

http://www.pdga.com/stats.php

Thank you,

Steve Enk

chrispfrisbee
Nov 20 2007, 04:23 PM
My kids don't want to be lumped in with the adults. My son is only 7 and my daughter is 11 and they want to see how they rate for kids their own age. Its hard enough when they have to play events against adults. I am trying to encourage them to keep playing Disc Golf but its not very fun for a 7 year old to have play against grown men at every event. At the beginning of the year he was rated 5th in the world in his age group, now he may be 1st. He loves DG but wants to know how he rates for his age group.

Bring friends his & her age to play with! :)

Recruit.

mbohn
Nov 20 2007, 05:22 PM
I agree, bringing friends helps. I have a son who has been touring with me for the past several years. He enjoys accessing his ranking in the tour stats and sets goals for getting his rating up. One thing that I tell him, is that playing with better players makes you play better. He has seen the proof first hand. It is pretty impressive if you surf the stats for our junior players. I only took a few minutes and it was easy to see that the majority of the under 16 boys are at or above a 900 rating! These kids can play. I also let my son play in his age protected division for as long as he felt it was needed. He eventually got bumped for certain events by the TD, then on his own.