m_conners
Nov 15 2007, 01:26 PM
Anyone else notice Juliana Korver's rating dropped 39 points?

HOWDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is now a 916 rated golfer :o

discchucker
Nov 15 2007, 01:54 PM
That's what happens when you step away from the game for a bit. Your game really suffers.

dischick
Nov 15 2007, 03:23 PM
no matter what her rating drops to, she will always be the legendary Juliana Korver. your game suffers when you focus on other things in life.
on a side note i would probably take some offense to people coming on the board and talking about my rating dropping, not to mention find it disrespectful. doesnt matter what her rating goes to, she's won more titles then any of us.

m_conners
Nov 15 2007, 03:42 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

In the past I would respond to a brainless post with a smart butt comment. But with the moderators suspending user accounts for absurd name calling and meaningless comments I will refrain from being myself.

By the way, Juliana could probably care or less about her player rating...odds are you care about her rating more than she does.

rollinghedge
Nov 15 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm reporting both of you to the mods. :p

m_conners
Nov 15 2007, 03:52 PM
What if Tiger, Phil, Ernie or Vijay's game fell off the face of the planet? Do you think anyone would notice? No probably not, i'm sure the players and media would just ignore it because it's so disrespectful to make mention of a top tier player not playing so hot anymore.

Give me a break, there is nothing wrong with posting her current rating. Nobody is bashing her on here :confused: :confused:

krazyeye
Nov 15 2007, 03:54 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

In the past I would respond to a brainless post with a smart butt comment. But with the moderators suspending user accounts for absurd name calling and meaningless comments I will refrain from being myself.

By the way, Juliana could probably care or less about her player rating...odds are you care about her rating more than she does.

Who is the one that looked at it first? That is what I find kind of funny.

m_conners
Nov 15 2007, 04:01 PM
It's not like we have a multitude of top tier female disc golfers...it may be kind of geeky but I do check the ratings for most the big guns i.e.; Burl, Val, CP, chickfry, Des, KORVER. To me it's cool to watch these ladies DG careers progress. I was surprised to say the least when I saw JK's rating drop so I posted it.

dischick
Nov 16 2007, 04:54 PM
odds are you care about her rating more than she does.

did i give any implication that i cared about anyones rating here? no. i thought it was hugely disrespectful that a thread was created to talk about how someones rating had dropped. but, on the other hand, it is the message board and i am not the least bit surprised.
maybe i read it in a different context then meant to be implied, if so, apologies.

JHBlader86
Nov 17 2007, 02:21 AM
To the OP:

Juliana and her husband Shawn have been given me lessons these past few months, and they are taking time off to focus on their careers. They work from their home for a company that's located out in CA doing computer stuff and it eats up alot of time so they arent as active anymore. So until you know the full story you shouldnt come on here saying things like you are.

discchucker
Nov 17 2007, 08:07 AM
Actually...I already knew the story...hence why I stated what I stated. There is nothing wrong with steping away for a while. Sometimes you just hit that point in your life where you just don't have the drive anymore and would like to focus on something else(No pun intended on that one).

ChrisWoj
Nov 17 2007, 02:16 PM
What if Tiger, Phil, Ernie or Vijay's game fell off the face of the planet? Do you think anyone would notice? No probably not, i'm sure the players and media would just ignore it because it's so disrespectful to make mention of a top tier player not playing so hot anymore.

Give me a break, there is nothing wrong with posting her current rating. Nobody is bashing her on here :confused: :confused:

I agree with the sentiment, but that is the most ridiculous thing I've seen anybody post since the banning of the Grunionizer.

If Tiger, Vijay, Phil, or Ernie's games fell off there would be INTENSE media scrutiny. Do you WATCH ESPN ever? If anybody's game is suddenly deteriorating or slipping there are unending questions about the possible cause, interviews with people around them, etc. In the media age there is nothing that goes by without comment or remark.

JRauch
Nov 17 2007, 02:31 PM
David Duval!!

AviarX
Nov 17 2007, 05:50 PM
Juliana still is the only woman to have cashed at the USDGC and I believe she still has has the highest rated round ever shot by a woman too.

I am sure if she picks the game back up her rating will sky-rocket ;)

jmonny
Nov 17 2007, 09:05 PM
No need to stick up for Juliana's game. She is a champion and a legend. More of a fluke in the rating sytem than anything. Is she really a 916 player MC?

Luckymutha
Nov 17 2007, 09:30 PM
Juliana still is the only woman to have cashed at the USDGC and I believe she still has has the highest rated round ever shot by a woman too.

Was it better than Des's 1021 at the Players Cup yesterday? She would be sitting in 21st in Men's Open right now. I'm assuming they're playing the same tees.

deathbypar
Nov 18 2007, 03:03 AM

I agree with the sentiment, but that is the most ridiculous thing I've seen anybody post since the banning of the Grunionizer.

If Tiger, Vijay, Phil, or Ernie's games fell off there would be INTENSE media scrutiny. Do you WATCH ESPN ever? If anybody's game is suddenly deteriorating or slipping there are unending questions about the possible cause, interviews with people around them, etc. In the media age there is nothing that goes by without comment or remark.

Chris its sarcasm.

jmonny
Nov 18 2007, 10:09 AM

Chris its sarcasm.

It's difficult to type sarcasm and more difficult to interpret it written out. It has no place on the message board and is the cause of most of the stupid arguments on it.

AviarX
Nov 18 2007, 10:15 AM

Was it better than Des's 1021 at the Players Cup yesterday? She would be sitting in 21st in Men's Open right now. I'm assuming they're playing the same tees.

If my memory is right it was at least 1032 and was at Swope in Kansas City. There's a thread somewhere with 'highest rated rounds' that lists the best rounds by a woman...

When she cashed at the USDGC Juliana averaged nearly 1000 rated golf playing against the best men in the world. not too shabby ;)

ChrisWoj
Nov 18 2007, 06:18 PM

Chris its sarcasm.

It's difficult to type sarcasm and more difficult to interpret it written out. It has no place on the message board and is the cause of most of the stupid arguments on it.

No need to apologize for me. It flew clear over my head, my bad. :) Though I do agree, it is **** hard to interpret sarcasm online sometimes. Frustrating.

m_conners
Nov 19 2007, 02:28 PM
Is she really a 916 player MC?

According to her current rating, yes. But everyone knows she can play way above her current rating. Like Moncropolis said; she is a legend and nobody can take that away from her.

ddevine
Nov 27 2007, 08:34 PM
I played with Juliana in the final round that year at the USDGC (with Craig Gangloff and Avery Jenkins?) and she was playing beeyoootiful golf. She threw the best shot of the group on the clown's mouth but a puff of wind raised it over the mandy and she dropped a few strokes, otherwise she would have beaten a couple of more folks that year.

I was also TD of an event at my old home course in Maryland when she set the course record in the final round, beating EVERYONE. I of course claimed TD exemption to stay off "The List" but it was only a temporary reprieve.

I miss seeing her at tournaments. Watching her throw was a great pleasure; so smooth and in control. DD

lowe
Nov 28 2007, 06:10 PM
she will always be the legendary Juliana Korver.

Actually, Juliana's even more legendary than that... she's at the highest echelon... the one name level. All you need to say is "Juliana" (but just pronounce it right) and everyone knows who you mean. Just like "Arnie" or "Tiger".

Juliana will always be a legend and known as one of the best women disc golfers ever. Her record speaks for itself, and she's done great things for bringing the women's field to a higher level. I do miss her not playing as much and some of the epic battles that she was a part of. But she'll always be a "disc goddess"*.

*Reference to an old "disclife.com" article (http://www.disclife.com/coverstory.shtml)

Jayviar
Nov 29 2007, 02:54 PM
If anyone wants to checkout her website that the article refers to, you can do that at this link: here (http://web.archive.org/web/20001206165100/www.simpson.edu/~korver/DG/Women/index.html)