Drew32
Nov 14 2007, 08:13 PM
Heres a short background. We are putting in a new course down here in Kentucky, well it's in but we are waiting on tee-pad money from the city. Due to availibility of funds, or lack there of, the pour date has gottten pushed back a few months and most likely the first 19 (#18 has 2 pads) will get done this spring now.

So heres the question. As we are looking at having Blue and White level tee-pads on all holes, which should we put in first?
(crazy ol me also wants to put in golds and reds also...haha)

Right now we have several Pro par 4+ holes (in the longs) involving both distance and placement shots.

krupicka
Nov 15 2007, 10:19 AM
Whichever you do, be consistent. i.e. All Blue or All white.

gnduke
Nov 15 2007, 11:41 AM
I think consistency is not as important is playability.

You can start with a course that is very interesting and combines aspects of both long and short tees.

The long tees used must be chosen with an eye to how they play for white player, but a 6-12 Blue-White mix could be better all one or the other.

flyboy
Nov 15 2007, 02:02 PM
Fly pads get the job done faster, and cheaper ,and can be moved if need be so. The cost of concrete is at an all time high, and with the cost of gas ,it will only go higher.The 1/2" pads precut 5 1/2 ' wide by 10' long with hardware for an 18 hole course with shipping $3,000 or 2 100 ft rolls 3/8" by 5 1/2' 20 tee pads at 10' long with hardware and shipping $2,000.These are quotes for shipping in us not on islands.All pads are 100% porous and 100% recycled.The first rubber pad in or sport from 1997 and now over 98 courses with fly pads.. ;)

killamgreg
Dec 11 2007, 02:13 PM
Understanding this post was designed for tee pad input I'll make this brief... Love the course. Played it Thanksgiving day with my brother Jason(pepe mata). Our parents, who retired to your area a couple years ago, live about two miles from the park. I'll be back to play it with or without pads! !

rizbee
Dec 11 2007, 04:01 PM
I would recommend installing the white tees first, and here's why: The white tees will more than likely be designed for newer players and casual players. These are the types of players who get the most benefit out of having easily recognizable teeing areas (I'm assuming that signs will also be installed at the tees?). The more experienced players will make up most of your blue tee players, and these players will be most equipped to find or figure out where the blue tees are.

As I travel across the country and play courses that are new to me, I consistently am frustrated by the "cliquish" nature of so many of our courses, even those in public parks. Unless you are accompanied by a guide, many courses are impossible to play,since you can't find the tees or baskets.

Aim your amenities at the less-initiated player, they will get the greatest benefit from them.

august
Dec 12 2007, 03:06 AM
I will be in Lexington for the holidays. Where is this course? I didn't see it in the directory.

august
Dec 12 2007, 03:17 AM
Nicholasville - Nevermind

Drew32
Dec 12 2007, 07:32 AM
Glad you enjoyed the course. :D

Right now tweeking phase has been extended since we'll have to wait till spring to have the cash for the pads. This has been a great thing for us since now we've been able to move some stuff around. We have been messing around with 2 extra holes so that the course will end up back at the parking lot. I'd like to see an even 27 actually...bwahaha! As for now we need to work on drainage and whatnot before we get the pads in.

Mike drop me a message and we'll get together with Lyle one of the days when its not all wet and rainy and we'll give you a tour. :cool:

bcleary
Mar 14 2008, 04:06 PM
Any tee pad would be nice (white first), and signs (both are needed badly).

Drew32
Mar 15 2008, 09:06 PM
Whites will be the pads going in. Hopefully soon....even if I have to dig out the spots with my bare hands! :D

22 total pads for 21 holes (#19 has 2 pads for its split fairway)