JHBlader86
Nov 02 2007, 01:46 AM
What happens when a TD hasnt posted the results of his tournament after the month he has to expires? I played in one tounrney Sept. 22 and here it is Nov. 2 and nothing! Is there a way the PDGA can contact the TD and do something about it??

gang4010
Nov 02 2007, 07:54 AM
Not going to make an excuse for the TD - but often the best way to deal with this is w/a personal email (a friendly one is usually best) to the TD - gently prodding them to get their report in. PDGA HQ will usually send a reminder to the TD if fees and report have not been received after 30 days.

TD's tend to respond more immediately to their local DG community - if there are enough of you locally that contact and apply a little pressure on the TD - they'll probably get off their duff and send the report.

magilla
Nov 02 2007, 01:06 PM
What happens when a TD hasnt posted the results of his tournament after the month he has to expires? I played in one tounrney Sept. 22 and here it is Nov. 2 and nothing! Is there a way the PDGA can contact the TD and do something about it??

Its possible that the TD never entered scores into the online program (there is NO req. to do so)

If so then they will not get posted until the next update, because the PDGA has to upload them from the TD Report.

Nov 02 2007, 03:25 PM

magilla
Nov 02 2007, 03:57 PM
If so then they will not get posted until the next update, because the PDGA has to upload them from the TD Report.

Provided of course that the PDGA has received the report ...

[/QUOTE]

Oh sure.....input from the great white north.. :D

He NEVER said that the TD hadn't turned the report in, just that there were no results posted.. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BUT if he didnt turn them in then.....I guess we burn him at the stake... :eek:
Or is that reserved for the whomever is responsible for this years Tour...or at least lack of one that makes ANY sense :o
:p

JHBlader86
Dec 28 2007, 06:17 AM
Okay, there's another situation like the one I originally posted. I played in a tournament Nov. 4, and now it's Dec. 28 and the report still hasnt been turned in because the trophy link says Unofficial Tournament Results? Does the PDGA contact the TD after a severe delay like this or do they just sit around because what's the point of the 30 day wait if it's not enforced? I've contacted the TD several times with no response.

tbender
Dec 28 2007, 10:42 AM
The PDGA does try to contact the TD...and if the TD doesn't want to be contacted, they get the same response you do.

sillycybe
Dec 28 2007, 10:51 AM
the trophy link says Unofficial Tournament Results?

It will read "official results" when the next rating period is due if i'm not mistaken...there are 3 or 4 tourneys from that same weekend that still say "unofficial". it all has to do with when the TD sent the results in, before or after the last cutoff date.

tbender
Dec 28 2007, 11:15 AM
Official Results means the TD report has been submitted and processed by PDGA HQ. (And prepared for the next ratings update.)

Greg_R
Dec 28 2007, 03:57 PM
The TD will get an e-mail and / or phone call prior to the ratings update asking for the tournament report. If he / she does not provide it, then additional steps are taken (disciplinary committee, etc.).

olsen129
Dec 28 2007, 04:34 PM
This event is still not submitted to the PDGA and that was in July.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournamen...eRatings=1#Open (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=6989&year=2007&incl udeRatings=1#Open)

JHBlader86
Dec 29 2007, 03:21 AM
The TD will get an e-mail and / or phone call prior to the ratings update asking for the tournament report. If he / she does not provide it, then additional steps are taken (disciplinary committee, etc.).

What are the consequences that the PDGA enforces?

Alacrity
Jan 02 2008, 03:54 PM
I also think that players should take note of tournaments that TD's quickly get the info in and the results show official....

Say for instance the Piney Woods Pro-Am IV (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7222) ;)

the_kid
Jan 02 2008, 07:55 PM
I also think that players should take note of tournaments that TD's quickly get the info in and the results show official....

Say for instance the Piney Woods Pro-Am IV (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7222) ;)

I played an event in early November that still hasn't been turned in. Heck I won it too.

dryhistory
Jan 03 2008, 03:05 PM
still waiting for mr jims carrolton open which was sept 15th

the_kid
Jan 03 2008, 06:17 PM

Bet McCabe is too..........

IndyJonez
Jan 05 2008, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE]

Any date on this update? I'm wanting to see me 07 tourneys listed as well...

McCabe
Jan 05 2008, 10:19 PM

Bet McCabe is too..........

YES, YES I AM!

JHBlader86
Jan 08 2008, 06:34 PM
Can the PDGA not go by the results posted online instead of waiting for the report? This is ridiculous.

krupicka
Jan 09 2008, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately to calculate accurate ratings they also need layout information to know which divisions played the same layout.

I encountered the same problem with a tournament in July 2006. I opted not to play in it this last July. (The results for that tourney aren't official yet either).

McManus
Jan 09 2008, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know the number of tournaments w/o results posted that took place before November 1?

krupicka
Jan 10 2008, 11:20 AM
I think it would be great if the gold trophy next to a tournament that links to the results would only be silver until the results are official.

krupicka
Jan 10 2008, 11:27 AM
There are twelve between 7/1/07 and 11/1/07 that have unofficial results. Two with no results.

chappyfade
Jan 12 2008, 08:16 PM
There are twelve between 7/1/07 and 11/1/07 that have unofficial results. Two with no results.

City of Fountains in KC was turned in weeks ago, but still listed as unofficial. Not sure about the others.

Chap

cevalkyrie
Jan 14 2008, 12:26 PM
Brett,

The office has received the TD reports from both events (IL States & Channhon) and will be uploading official results later this week.

Karolyn Garlock
PDGA Office Manager
PDGA Photographer
[email protected]

P: 706.261.6342
F: 706.261.6347
[email protected]

tafe
Jan 16 2008, 12:10 PM
Woo Frickin HOO!!!
I've been waiting to get that 1022 round factored into my rating. Now I can confidently say that I am an Expert (oh wait no, advanced, :p)

cgoodwin
Jan 18 2008, 03:37 PM
How about the Bull City Showdown that goes back to 11/17-11/18/07? After two months it still shows unofficial results and it's my understanding that the report has already been sent in. Will this be included in the next update?

Richard
Jan 22 2008, 10:24 AM
This may be a stupid question but here goes. What about tournaments that are posted with the results, but the points received in those tournaments haven't been applied yet?

Richard
Jan 22 2008, 10:29 AM
Also, results from 2 tournaments that I played have disappeared. The Tupelo Bay Open and the Upstate Classic. Any suggestions?

johnbiscoe
Jan 22 2008, 11:05 AM
the unofficial ratings posted by the td have been taken down, meaning the OFFICIAL ratings are being processed. when the next update occurs the ratings will be up as official and you will get your points, etc. they are working on making this process more seamless.

veganray
Jan 22 2008, 11:46 AM
Chuck should just post a random number between 850 & 1100 for each round rating. Equally as mathematically valid as the current round rating "calculation ".

Richard
Jan 22 2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks.

ck34
Jan 22 2008, 03:46 PM
Got confirmation today that TD reports for 100% of 2007 events that can be rated have been received. Any that haven't gotten rated yet will either be rated for the January 29 posting or will be part of the minor corrections update in early Feb.

vinnie
Jan 22 2008, 04:22 PM
Goog info thanks