ChrisWoj
Nov 01 2007, 12:03 AM
Well, a thread for this was inevitable.

I'm watching Sonics-Nuggets right now and I have to say... Kevin Durant sure as hell is NBA ready. He's only 3/10 from the floor at the moment, but he does everything like a seasoned veteran. He's 2/5 since I turned on the game, but he's looked better because he does everything else. Distributes well, hustles, plays hard on the defensive end...

Sonics are going to be fun to watch this year.

-Chris.

ChrisWoj
Nov 01 2007, 03:57 PM
Nobody else into the NBA? 2nd best live sport (behind hockey) and 2nd best televised sport (behind football).

I'm excited tonight for Pistons v. Heat. I wasn't too excited because DWade was out, but with Rip Hamilton missing tonight's game with a family emergency Arron Afflalo will be starting for the Pistons, the lack of those key players (Wade & Hamilton) should make it an interesting matchup.

I was hopeful that with Stuckey out we'd get to see what Afflalo can do early on in the year instead of just getting buried on the bench, but this is going to be a bit more of him than I'd have asked for. Hopefully he surprises.

Go `Stons!

tbender
Nov 01 2007, 05:28 PM
National Babymaking Association

It's fancreatingastic!

Plus, all the games are fixed. :)

m_conners
Nov 01 2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah and Isaih Thomas is a sleeze.

sciencet_cher
Nov 02 2007, 11:43 AM
I will be interested to see how the Celtics gel. I still think the west will dominate. GO SPURS GO!!!

ChrisWoj
Nov 02 2007, 01:01 PM
The thing is... the West may have the best at the top, but I honestly believe that they have the worst at the bottom. In the east you have a lot of teams that could compete for the eighth spot in the Western Conference, all the way down to the Charlotte Bobcats who could be a force in a year (look at their young rotation: Okafor, May, Felton, etc. Even Morrison as a 6th man/Sport Shooter when he's healthy).

Additionally: Go Pistons! The Ripless Pistons beat the Wadeless Heat on opening night in Miami! I was glad we got to see some of Arron Afflalo. He looked good while I was watching, but I only saw the tail end of his playing time in the third quarter. Jarvis Hayes played a lot down the stretch and looked suprisingly in it.

-Chris.

Lyle O Ross
Nov 02 2007, 01:14 PM
The thing is... the West may have the best at the top, but I honestly believe that they have the worst at the bottom. In the east you have a lot of teams that could compete for the eighth spot in the Western Conference, all the way down to the Charlotte Bobcats who could be a force in a year (look at their young rotation: Okafor, May, Felton, etc. Even Morrison as a 6th man/Sport Shooter when he's healthy).

Additionally: Go Pistons! The Ripless Pistons beat the Wadeless Heat on opening night in Miami! I was glad we got to see some of Arron Afflalo. He looked good while I was watching, but I only saw the tail end of his playing time in the third quarter. Jarvis Hayes played a lot down the stretch and looked suprisingly in it.

-Chris.

You know you're desperate when you're bragging that you dominate for the eight spot.

Now that the Rockets are 2-0 we can confidently say, We're going to win the whole thing baby... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Grog
Nov 03 2007, 07:39 AM
Hmm, and the Spurs are 3-0.
As long as Ming and Mcgrady stay healthy you might have a chance.

Lyle O Ross
Nov 05 2007, 06:32 PM
Nope.

I like my avatar and having to have the SPURS avatar, as much as I like and respect them, is not for me!

alirette
Nov 10 2007, 10:53 AM
Now that the Rockets are 2-0 we can confidently say, We're going to win the whole thing baby... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Now at 5-1. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ck34
Nov 10 2007, 02:13 PM
It will be interesting to see how KG and the Celts fare against some of the powers in the West. Jan 2 - Hou, Jan 31 - Dal, Feb 10 - SA, Feb 22 - @Pho.

ChrisWoj
Dec 20 2007, 12:31 AM
In their first meeting of the season the Pistons defeat the Boston Celtics on national TV, proving to the world that the Eastern Conference is most certainly NOT a one horse race!

Jan 12 2008, 12:27 PM
DO OVER? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-hawksreplay&prov=ap&type=lgns)

alirette
Feb 22 2008, 12:22 AM
Rockets win 10 in a row!!! :D

alirette
Mar 03 2008, 07:13 PM

Make that 15 in a row!!! :D

alirette
Mar 12 2008, 11:13 PM

Make that 15 in a row!!! :D

20 in a row !!! :D:D

circle_2
Jun 13 2008, 01:24 PM
<font color="green">CELTICS</font> makin' some history!!!

jmc2442
Jun 13 2008, 01:28 PM
how in the world did the Lakers blow that game last night?!? I turned it off halfway through the second quarter cuz it was looking to be a total domination. It certainly was nothing short of domination to that point. Odom was like 6 of 7. Kobe was looking unreal. WOW, wow, and W O W.

Paul Pierce deserves a title though, so I'm glad the Celtics are winning. He played on some crappy teams for a long time. I think its great he now has the tools around him to get where they are at now.

ChrisWoj
Jul 08 2008, 11:06 PM
Elton Brand leaving the Clippers for the 76ers?
Baron Davis and Corey Maggette TRADING PLACES?
Mikael Pietrus (god I probably spelled that wrong) heading for Orlando?

The NBA Offseason is heating up!

Jeff_LaG
Feb 13 2012, 07:13 PM
The Jeremy Lin hype has officially gone off the charts...I wish folks would take a deep breath and give it a few months before he's proclaimed the next Michael Jordan... :rolleyes: