dandaman1
Sep 28 2007, 02:05 AM
Recently I was asked by my local State park to help find programs or grants that can be used to help fund a disc golf course. The only one that came to mind was the DGF but then I remembered that it only supplys baskets to colleges/universitys.

Is anyone aware of any organizations that I could approach to help fund this new dgc?

MCOP
Sep 28 2007, 08:46 AM
I have been searching for the same thing and found not much at all. Our last course was supported by local business's

gotcha
Sep 28 2007, 11:04 AM
It never hurts to solicit your state senator or district representative in addition to your local municipality. These legislators throw money at communities all the time, but it takes more than a phone call or an email, however. Take the time to create professional-looking proposal which highlights not only the relatively inexpensive up-front investment, but focus on the positive health and recreational benefits which can be realized by the community at large.

ck34
Sep 28 2007, 11:09 AM
Some larger companies in the area may have philanthropic community outreach funds. I know that a course in southern MN got maybe half of their baskets purchased by a 3M fund like that.

westxchef
Sep 28 2007, 04:28 PM
Some larger companies in the area may have philanthropic community outreach funds. I know that a course in southern MN got maybe half of their baskets purchased by a 3M fund like that.

Just watch out that they don't require it to be named for their company.

"Welcome to Dulcolax DGC."

ck34
Sep 28 2007, 04:43 PM
Many parks don't allow any kind of commercial presence on the course beyond a sign at the beginning indicating who donated the equipment. "Your putts stick better at 3M DGC and we've got the tape to prove it!"

Oct 01 2007, 08:03 PM
This little nugget of info is exceptionally useful here in Texas... Allow me to explain :

Anybody whom lives in the DFW metroplex may have noticed a natural gas well here or there.... Like maybe 500 + in Tarrant county alone. :eek: Well, anytime one of those gas wells is located on state/city property monies are allocated to enhance/beautify the surrounding area's . Basically this is a cop-out for the gas companies to rape
our natural resources. But that money gets spent primarily on parks and recreation. Submit a proposal, there are numerous grants available for " non mainstream " sporting activities........

If you see a gas well, there is money for disc golf. You just have to go get it!

Hope that helps!

omegaputt
Oct 01 2007, 08:46 PM
You can thank Chesapeak and Devon for that.

oklaoutlaw
Oct 01 2007, 09:53 PM

That is certainly who I thank every month when I go to the mailbox. :D:D They have funded disc golf for many years.

anita
Oct 02 2007, 07:33 PM
Check out some service clubs like the Optimists.

JHBlader86
Oct 03 2007, 03:28 PM
Have you ever thought of becoming an LLC or an official non-profit organization. By becoming a legal entity you can apply for grants from the city and/or the tourism committees as well as going out to local businesses with varying forms of sponsorship. So long as you present them with a Tax ID so they can write it off, and also your own sales pitch, then you can easily raise the $.

Oct 08 2007, 06:44 PM

That is certainly who I thank every month when I go to the mailbox. :D:D They have funded disc golf for many years.

Thats funny...........