Heath
Sep 25 2007, 10:41 AM
EVERYONE is INVITED!!!! The Branchwood Open will be held at the Branchwood Golf Course in beautiful Bella Vista, AR on October 13th. This will be a one day, non-sanctioned event, 2 rounds of at least 20 holes.
The city of Bella Vista/POA are very interested in having a disc golf course(s) in Bella Vista. This is our opportunity to show them what kind of turnout a tournament can generate, and also a chance to play a disc golf tournament on a beautiful, manicured ball golf course.

I will have a flyer posted later today with more details. Entry fees will fall along the lines of $35-Open down to $15 - Rec/Enthusiast. $5 of each entry will go to "green fees". Everything else back into the payout$$$$.

I'm pretty sure nothing else is happening in the 4-states area this weekend, so please come out, support disc golf and help get yet another course to play in our area. If you need more information or would like to help out, please send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Peace through Plastic,
Heath

Heath
Oct 12 2007, 12:36 AM
For those sitting on the fence about taking a trip up for the day, maybe a little sweetner will help you decide.

Lunch can be ordered at registration for $3. Subway , chips, cookie. Don't have to leave the course for lunch

Top 5 overall scores, 4-hole skins game. $200 sound OK? Maybe more, I've still got a day or two to try and gather a little more.

100% payout to all divisions (less $5/player for green fees)! CTP's for both rounds, all divisions

Some very, very cool Ring of Fire donations from all over, from some very generous individuals and clubs and corporate sponsors!

Not to mention the early AM treats the neighborhood associtation is providing for all of you

Maybe a DGA mini basket up for grabs for a small entry into maybe a CTP contest with champion weight mini's?

I've had three weeks to pull it together, maybe fun just to see if it all blows up in a cloud of plastic and Heath. Many of you have seen the crumble, how many have seen an implosion

Any of this sound worth making a trip up for?

twoputtok
Oct 12 2007, 11:24 AM
Good luck heath, I really wish I could be there, maybe next time. ;)

m_conners
Oct 12 2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah good luck with your tournament, Heath...I wish I could make it :( :( :( :(

Heath
Oct 13 2007, 05:55 AM
Sorry you and Dave are gonna miss this one. Well, it's go time for me. See you all shortly!

Oct 14 2007, 07:52 PM
fantastic!!!!!!! man i shot poorly but had a great time . i would place this tourny in my top five expieriences in disc golf. i sure look forward to playing this course again. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

turnbaugh
Oct 14 2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone know where results from the Branchwood Open can be viewed?

Heath
Oct 15 2007, 07:24 AM
"Unofficial" kind of official final scores (http://branchwoodrecreation.blogspot.com/2007/10/disc-golf-tournament.html)

Also a great spot to leave somments to be seen by the powers that be. ;)

turnbaugh
Oct 15 2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the results link Heath-- &^$# the truth hurts!

Heath
Oct 15 2007, 09:08 AM
:o:D

Oct 15 2007, 09:26 AM
Ray Carr ?

evandmckee
Oct 15 2007, 02:23 PM
Ray Carr ?

Heard he wasn't the only LaMirada player, Darrell's relative was in also, think I understood that Ray lost out on Furthest Traveled by around 8 miles :eek:

Heath
Oct 15 2007, 06:52 PM
He was the one and only Pro Senior Grandmaster. Walked all over the field, but he and Roy Erickson, also from the So. Cal area figured out that Roy came from aobut 8 or so miles furhter than he did. Tightest competition for furthest distance traveled from the furthest distance I have on record.

Oct 17 2007, 08:20 AM
So my dads gettin in his truck the other day.Drops his keys or something in between the seats.
Reaches down and pulls out an old wallet.
There's a 2 dollar bill in it.2 one hundred dollar bills.An expired drivers license.
The name on it.
Ray Carr LOL!!!!!!!!!
See how easy it is to take the old mans money ;)

racerb491
Oct 17 2007, 08:21 AM
fantastic!!!!!!! man i shot poorly but had a great time . i would place this tourny in my top five expieriences in disc golf. i sure look forward to playing this course again. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

must be because he got to play on my card both rounds :p

Heath
Oct 18 2007, 08:46 AM
I have discovered a few things that were left behind at Branchwood. If you are missing some gear give me a shout. Jacket, chair that sort of thing. Not sure I'll give it back, just don't want to be rude and use it in front of you