bruce_brakel
Sep 19 2007, 10:31 PM
The Flint Town Flyerz are hosting a tournament at Holly State Park the last weekend of September. If you are a woman, there is a wonderful tournament in Peoria you should think about going to that weekend, the United States Womens' Disc Golf Championship. If you cannot go to Peoria and you are rated less than 800 and you can get to the tournament at Holly, the Waterford Junior Girls' Club would like you to play this tournament as their guest.

Naturally there's a catch: you have to play in the Men's Rec division.

But there's another catch: I'll make some nice trophy discs for the women and girls playing in the Men's Rec division.

We are sponsoring eight women and Kira has already grabbed the first one. If you want to take advantage of this, post right here.

Mark_Stephens
Sep 24 2007, 02:43 PM
I believe that I have at least one woman interested in taking you up on your offer.

valkhere
Sep 24 2007, 02:50 PM
I sent an email to my league girls. I will let you know if any of them are interested. Do they have to be a PDGA member? Cuz I only have a couple leaguers that are PDGA members. None of them are 800 rated players either.

bruce_brakel
Sep 24 2007, 03:07 PM
They don't have to be PDGA members but it is a sanctioned tournament, so they'd need to pay the $5. So for them it is not entirely free.

valkhere
Sep 24 2007, 03:22 PM
Ok thanks! I will let you know if any of them are interested.

CHulsey
Sep 24 2007, 04:22 PM
I really wish I lived closer to you all!

valkhere
Sep 26 2007, 02:59 PM
I did not hear from any of my girls and I'm leaving for Peoria soon so good luck at your tourney!

bruce_brakel
Sep 26 2007, 11:41 PM
The Flint Town Flyerz are hosting a tournament at Holly State Park this weekend. If you are a woman who cannot go to Peoria and you are rated less than 800 or around 800, the Waterford Junior Girls' Club would like you to play this tournament as their guest. That means "for free."

Naturally there's a catch: you have to play in the Men's Rec division. That's where Kira will be playing and she'd like some company.

But there's another catch: I'll make some nice dyed 150 champion and Z discs for the women and girls playing in the Men's Rec division. I've got seven total 150 Valkyries, Storms, Stingrays, and TBirds. If you've seen what I'm doing recently, on these I'm doing a Bear, two Yodas and 4 Eagles. I wanted to do some Tiggers, but I don't have the Tigger stickers ready to go yet.

We are sponsoring eight women and Kira has already grabbed the first one by fudging about her rating a little. If you want to take advantage of this, just show up on Saturday.

Holly State Park is pretty easy to get to. From the Detroit area go north on I-75 to Grange Hall Road. Take that east, which is a right turn off the ramp. A little after you cross Dixie Highway, Grange Hall makes a left turn but you have to keep going straight to go into the park. When you come to the end of the pavement turn right and then ask the ranger at the booth how to get to the disc golf course.

From Lansing you could take I-96 east to US 23 North to Silver Lake Road. Take Silver Lake Road east and it turns into Grange Hall Road and you follow the directions above.

Mark_Stephens
Oct 01 2007, 08:55 AM
I would like to thank the Waterford Junior Girls Club for sponsoring women at our tournament on Saturday. I believe a total of 8 women played in the Men's Recreational Division. It was a deep field with 8 women playing and 3 women cashed.

Krist Kuchek (also hit an ace)
Kira Brakel
Shiela Calhoun

The WJGC also provided each woman that played with a SWEET custom dyed disc.

Thanks for sponsoring the women and thanks to the women for coming to play!