dionarlyn
Sep 17 2007, 12:43 AM
I just want to take a second and brag about my favorite pro, Nate Sexton. Besides being a terrific person, mentor, and ambassador of our sport, Nate is having a killer season here in the NW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho).

Moments ago Nate won the Lakewood Open, the Washington State Series Finale, and thus put the finishing touches on a perfect season in Washington. Of the eight tournaments in the series, Nate traveled to five and won all five of them! Five tournaments, five wins! Nate took home over $2600.00 in WA.

In Idaho, Nate won two of the four tournaments and took second in the other two, winning paid entry fee into 2008 Pro Worlds.

Nate is currently winless in Oregon, but still sitting atop of the points chart, poised in position to take home the series. With only one tournament left in the series, Nate will battle against a strong Oregon field in the Willamette Open 9, our home course tournament. If Nate can get this win, he will have won all of the respective state series here in the Northwest - a feat never before accomplished, let alone attempted.

On a side note, Nate won the "Interstate Challenge", an independently funded rivalry between Oregon and Washington, earning him $800.00 to put towards any PDGA tournament in the US. Nate plans on using his earnings for the 2007 USDGC.

In my book, that makes Nate the Champion of the Northwest. (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=18824&year=2007)

magilla
Sep 17 2007, 12:38 PM
/msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif :D

Now he needs to branch out & "attempt" to win in NorCal /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

:D

Way to go Nate........... :D

MTChristian
Sep 18 2007, 02:18 PM
Way to go Nate on an awesome year...Innova's got to pony up and take him off of scout team since they claim to sponsor top "regional pros"...he's sure met and exceeded that this year! He's won what, like 6 B-Tiers in the region this year? I know I've taken second to him at a few!

norcaldave
Sep 19 2007, 02:22 PM
Great job Nate Sexton looks like your the dominate force in the North West with hardly anyone else rated over 1000 :P . Now all u have to do is come to Norcal where there is some harder competition (disc golf champions 2007). :)

Rookie Dallas Albright 2007- NorCal Champion

dionarlyn
Sep 21 2007, 05:56 PM
Nate went to a tournament in NorCal this year...what was it called...of yeah, the Masters Cup. Looks like the only NorCal player he didn't beat was Doss, or as I like to refer to him, the "Other Nate".

2007 Masters Cup (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=6268)

Its all good though, we'll start coming to some NorCal tournaments if you guys start coming to some Oregon tournaments. Should be no problem really, since like you said, there are hardly any 1000 rated players to watch out for.

topdog
Sep 21 2007, 06:40 PM
No he lost to the Master Cup champion and one of NorCal best Josh Anthon.

dionarlyn
Sep 21 2007, 11:27 PM
Right, I forgot about Josh. Interesting though, that Dallas of all people is encouraging Nate to branch out.

c_trotter
Sep 21 2007, 11:52 PM
Nate is one of my favorite golfers to play a round with. He is a class act with a mean game. You will never meet a mellower person to play with-even when things arent going his way. I look forward to the next time I have a chance to battle it out with Mr. Northwest.

dionarlyn
Sep 22 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Nate is real chill. You seemed pretty laid back yourself CT. Hopefully we can make it down to Vegas for that Halloween tournament.

magilla
Sep 22 2007, 08:21 PM
Right, I forgot about Josh. Interesting though, that Dallas of all people is encouraging Nate to branch out.

If Dallas had Nate's "resources" he would be out there.. :p

He's still a "pup" like you.. :D

dionarlyn
Sep 24 2007, 06:01 PM
I don't even know what that means Magilla. What "resources" are you refering to?

magilla
Sep 24 2007, 06:12 PM

dionarlyn
Sep 24 2007, 06:38 PM
Alright...

I think the world has seen enough of this thread. I submit my final thoughts on the matter:

1.) Nate is one heck of a player, fully supporting himself for the last six months on disc golf alone. Nate DID branch out this year and with great success - proving his dominance over a region of the country that is developing rapidly in disc golf.

2.) NorCal players should only expect Oregon players to come to their tournaments if they are willing to travel to our tournaments - and I'll be glad to help in any way to make that possible.

3.) Innova needs to take notice of Nate and bump him up off the scout team!

mbohn
Sep 24 2007, 07:28 PM
The person posting there about branching is not Dallas.... He is using his account and Dallas has since been put on probation because of his mistakes... Oops.... :D

BTW... I think there are many of us NorCal players who are very interested in traveling up north to experience the disc golf. There are verry many great things being said about the events up your way, and the travel distance is do-able

topdog
Sep 27 2007, 12:00 PM
Look how many NorCal players played the Beaver State Fling Pro and am.

romine
Sep 27 2007, 09:34 PM
Congrats Nate on a great year. I played with you in Iowa at 04' worlds. Good to see you doing well.