DISConnected
Sep 01 2007, 10:07 PM
One day tournaments are fun, and popular. Two days are a grind and they take up a full weekend.

What if there was another option:

Saturday 2 rounds of 18 or 21 holes.
Sunday morning start at 9, 1 round of 18 or 21, be done by 11:30-12.
Lunch and Payouts, you can leave by 2 at the latest.

geomy
Sep 01 2007, 10:56 PM
They did this at the Third Coast Challenge: 2 rounds, red and blue tees, at West Guth on Saturday, then a round in Ingleside Sunday morning. The tournament was effectively over, but the top 4 pros and top am were invited to compete in a skins match. Those that wanted/needed could take off, others could stick around and watch some good golf.

I think it depends on a lot of things and all three of those formats have their place.

DISConnected
Sep 01 2007, 11:05 PM
Yea, I like the idea of a final round for watching good golf.

krazyeye
Sep 02 2007, 01:54 AM
They did this at the Third Coast Challenge: 2 rounds, red and blue tees, at West Guth on Saturday, then a round in Ingleside Sunday morning. The tournament was effectively over, but the top 4 pros and top am were invited to compete in a skins match. Those that wanted/needed could take off, others could stick around and watch some good golf.

I think it depends on a lot of things and all three of those formats have their place.

It rained bad early but all four players stuck around for an amazing finish with a local gallery. It was good stuff.

krazyeye
Sep 02 2007, 01:56 AM
Who voted 4 rounds?