bruce_brakel
Aug 31 2007, 11:39 AM
So, I'm reading Sarah SucccUBuzzz's posts on the economics of the pro women's division and I'm thinking to myself, "Self, how much do C-tier playing pro women want to pay for entry fees at C-tier tournaments?" Assume that we're talking C-tier here, playing for each other's entry fees, two-rounds, one-day, that sort of thing.

valkhere
Aug 31 2007, 09:41 PM
oh come on, who seriously voted for $80 for a CTier? That's crazy. I voted for the $40 entry fee. It's really not that steep, and if I go into a C Tier with just 3-4 other women, I don't expect to cash, it's just an added bonus if I do.

suemac
Sep 03 2007, 01:32 PM
I bet it was a guy! ;)

valkhere
Sep 06 2007, 09:46 PM
haha, looks like 4 guys then now :)

SarahD
Sep 07 2007, 10:18 AM
I voted $40.

OHHHH......I have to make this DGTV at Telemark tourney! Have you girls SEEN the REC there? SICK. 3 girls under 900 and another under 910. Cable, WI....11 hours isn't so far for an A-tier opportunity like that!

As opposed to the REC at Sugarbush where you'd have to beat 4 girls with ratings near 950: Val, Burl, Des and Leslie just to cash. NO THANKS.

bruce_brakel
Sep 07 2007, 11:32 AM
More likely one bored dude with access to several computers. He has 8 votes in now. Anyway, it looks like women would rather pay a little less than is common right now, and I'll keep that in mind for next year.

Sep 10 2007, 11:30 PM
My wife plays advanced AM and her fees are usually about $40. So $50 for a pro fee sounds reasonable. We don't expect to see any women at a C-teir event. :confused: So we look for B-tier events. She is playing Lakewood Open in Seattle this weekend and I only see 4 women on the roster.

suemac
Sep 11 2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, no women at C-tier events????? :o :confused: :o

These are ususally one day events, and in Texas it brings the girls out in force. I think the TX10 events demonstrated that ladies can work one day outings easier than a whole weekend event.

Once again, $40 seems reasonable for a one day event. FW1 $30 and down from there.

bruce_brakel
Sep 11 2007, 12:09 PM
Where the women will be becomes a self-fulfilling thing. If all the women believe all the women will be at one-day C-tiers, they are right. If all the women believe that all the women will be at two-day B-tiers, they are right too.

There are plenty of tournaments that are just am-scam fund raisers for some other tournament, but since all the advanced men believe that all the advanced men will be there, they are right. :p