Chris_Sprague
Aug 14 2007, 06:53 PM
Just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone who made it possible for me to tour last year. The TD's, volunteers, local club members, fellow disc golfers, and my family!

I know for every story I hear about disc golf volunteers, there are 100's of stories I haven't heard. For the thousands of disc golfers who share the same passion for this wonderful sport, THANK YOU!

Also a special thanks to the Carolina Crew (Schweb, Billy Crump, Brian McRee, and Yukon) You guys took me under your wing when I was up-n-coming, and helped me to believe in my own ability to go out on tour. Juliana Korver for not letting me pass up on this wonderful opportunity, she told me in no uncertain terms that this would be the experience of a life time, and to not let it slip away, thanks Juliana. There are countless others that have helped, either by purchasing merchandise or by hiring me for private lessons (I'm proud of all of your successes) Thank You

I would also like to thank my sponsors for their support, Innova Champion Discs for giving me the longest most accurate discs in the World and providing much needed bonus money for performance (let's not forget how important that is when making essentially minimum wage), HukLab disc golf apparel for helping me look sharp and providing moral support, Salomon Sports for the gortex shoes and rain gear "I've never thought less about my feet since switching to Salomon!", and finally Revolution Golf bags - I had a Rev Bag for five years before getting sponsored and it's still in one piece, I couldn't even wear it out!!

Worlds helped me remember what it is I love most about this sport, and that's the people! Thanks for welcoming me into your family as I've traveled about the nation LIVING one of my life dreams!

Chris Sprague #16425

my_hero
Aug 14 2007, 07:20 PM
...and congrats to you "Circle 3." :D

Thanks for being one of the "Quality" people that represent this sport. That list is at least getting longer every year that passes.

Thank You!

bschweberger
Aug 14 2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the props Sprague, I will pass iTT on to Billy and Cracken and Yukon, since they dont have Puters at this day in age.

atxdiscgolfer
Aug 15 2007, 02:55 AM
congrats Sprague, you playing the Oklahoma Open again this year?

magilla
Aug 15 2007, 02:15 PM
Way to go Chris......... :D

Team Oregon wishes you well.. :D

cornhuskers9495
Aug 15 2007, 06:38 PM
You worked your arse off last year for that title, Good job Guey..

I remember sitting with You, Dave, Avery and Jun-bug last december, watching the PDGA Tour screen to see if Barry was gonna play one more and make you take the trip from Oregon to Deleware for that last tourney to be the shoe-in for most points...

Ahh, Good times!!

Good job buddy, You have definately been instrumental in helping my game progress...

Wish you all the best...

cornhuskers9495
Aug 15 2007, 06:41 PM
ps. and my new TanK dye'd Firechicken is PIMP! That's the 2nd one, I know the third dye job is gonna be even more Roc'N.

If you want something dye'd, ask Sprague, he puts in alot of time to make it look good.

cornhuskers9495
Aug 16 2007, 09:46 AM
Sprague, For those out there reading, a little more information for some potential touring pros...

-What made it possible for you to tour?

-Who affected you most in the '06 season...

-I really noticed a difference in your putting after being with Dave and Avery for awile, removing some of the chicken wing, If it wasn't the putting, how did they help you the most?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen...

Chris_Sprague
Aug 17 2007, 03:13 AM
"M*Y._H.-E_R.-O_%*******`` (snorkeling sounds in full text form )" Florida RoCs

Chris_Sprague
Aug 17 2007, 03:20 AM
GOOD People play our sport Scweb, thanks for being one of them. Remember your proud's momen of me was whin i wen drinkn aftr ledn da usdgc by 3 - that was cool

My favorite moment of yours would be...actually it's seeing your father out watching and supporting you.(your thumber suks) (love your rollers) Billy has cool thumbers Cracken and yukon are not far removed from the WILD, thanks again

Chris_Sprague
Aug 17 2007, 04:20 AM
party blog - Marshall Street - Thursday errr. Friday morniing:

I have to thank the Des Moines Disc Golf Club for creating a virtual disc gofl training ground! Hope to put my creative energy into future courses there! I threw in a 100ft up shot my first time playing in Des Moines - It doesn't go in if Becky Zalleck doesn't host the Biggest Worlds Biggest of the YEar winning baskets for the Altoona course - so many great things have come out of my experiences with Des Moines disc golf!

and Iowa Golf - Jason Steffen, Jeff Harper, Jon Tisue, Tom Cremer, Bob Kramer, Juliana, Jeff Adams, Brad Carr at Graceland University, Bob Kelly at J&B Rolling Hills. Mark Ramsey - the Iowa Technician - and especially Jeff Homburg for teaching me the physics of flight!

Yeah Ken - thanks to all of the Nebraska disc golfers! I love playing there! Mr. Bill, Chiz, Anita, Marshall, Galler-i (aka Silk) I essentially grew up on Omaha golf in the Early part of my career, watching Mike Randolph win by 13 or something in 2000 at Seymour - sure he was passing through - still he killed it!! First time I learned to loft in a putt from range! Plus last year Mikey invited us to a family forth of July party and the Jenkins were there at an Island Cabin - way cool

- too many people to name

- NESBIT's in the spring - Jim Oat's at Sac! Champ in Clearwater, Cale in St Paul!, Pete Johnson and Tim Walsh @ Marshall Street (who am I kidding - the entire MSDCG staff), my brother Jimmy in LA, Chris Flesner and Mace Man in Dallas, the Humboldt Connection up in Belchik's Forest, Matt Orum, Mike Young, and Eric Tracy...Matt Peckham - RUBBNS RACN - Grand Rapids crew in Michigan uuuUUUUhhhhHHHHHHH! is that right Sancho...Durco...Kirk, Jeff Homburg out of Tucson (tech specs / educator ) Pete May ( sound guidance), Pete Wade - way point Grnd Jnct CO,, I could roll this type for awhile - nice checkin flops out herer in Massrchussetsr (these guide can add an R to anythingr) Da Brinster family - BEAR TRAX COURSE ROCS, Jack Lowe and the KC Crew, Kim Scott-Wood and Paul Belyea - like I said too many to name...

Ken thanks for taking me to the Bugaha airport and putting my car up from time to time! Big thanks! Dave is a great teacher and Avery has amazing ENERGY!!

Love the COAST!! LOVE OREGON!!

Also Travis Flett and Aaron Martin oouta Omaha for the Fat Tire and fun bar footage - The shared camera work turned out amazing from the New Belgium Night at the bar near Aaron's.

ChrisWoj
Aug 17 2007, 02:49 PM
Congratulations from the Toledo Area Disc Golf Association! It was great seeing you at the 2006 M2 Freedom Flight last year, and we hope you can make it to the area in the future. Our TDs always throw extra cash in the purse when top pros show up :) And it sure is fun seeing 18 birds on 21 holes. ;)

(also pass on the love to Orum and Avery if you see them, I know Chris Hoyle still appreciates the 30 minutes Avery spent playing catch with his 4 year old!)

Jason_McKinney
Aug 17 2007, 03:31 PM
Congratulations on a great season Chris. I really enjoyed the opportunity to shoot with you at the Illinois State Championships, and I hope I get the opportunity again sometime soon.

Jason McKinney

20460chase
Aug 21 2007, 02:15 AM
Dont forget to thank God.

J/K.

Nice work Dude.

xterramatt
Aug 21 2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for being my caddy during the MSDGC pie eating contest. Oh yeah, and for the long USDGC playoff at the KCWO.

m_conners
Aug 21 2007, 03:52 PM
Congratulations Spragoooo!!!

halton
Aug 23 2007, 01:56 AM
congrats