Boneman
Aug 14 2007, 06:10 PM
Hey Peter, I don't know if you check this message board or not ... I have a question for you.

I see you throw the TeeRex and Wraith as your main drivers. I'm curious to know what the weight discs you throw. I've seen some Grand Masters have switched to 150g or light discs. Have you?

I'll just mention that a lot of us "older" players really look up to you for inspiration. Glad to see you're on the PDGA board now. Congrats to you on your 7th World Championship win!

petershive
Aug 21 2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, John, and sorry I didn't see this post until now. 8x actually. Everybody but me forgets the one in '98.

I throw drivers in the 165 to 175 range. I used to throw a few 150's, but only up steep hills. The 150's were too unpredictable, and (strangely) my elbow would start hurting if I threw them a lot. Perhaps I was hyperextending with the lighter plastic.

If I were updating my profile, I'd hype the Destroyer. Dave Dunipace gave me one right before Worlds, and it was was a winner, forehand and backhand. Longer and more stable than T-Rex, with very reliable and predictable flight.

halton
Aug 23 2007, 01:04 AM
bury