jdavidson
Aug 10 2007, 08:52 AM
See below for details. NOTE, we will be accepting cash donations at the event for Jenn. Please send all merchandise donations to Twin Parks Country Club prior to the 8th so that they can be raffled (or head up there and hand deliver them). :cool:

<font color="blue">5th Annual Discraft Ace Race Info. </font>

Where:

Agnes Moffitt Disc Golf Course

When:

Saturday, September 8th. Player check in is from 9:00-9:45. A brief players meeting will be held at 10:00 followed by a shotgun start.
Format:

Two rounds of 20 holes, one throw per hole per player.

Course layout:

We will be playing a shortened version of the course (including two temporary holes). Holes are generally between 160 and 230 feet .

Entry fee: $20

Player package:

Two identical, never-before-seen Discraft prototype discs, plus a SuperColor mini and a Discraft hat. A $55 value!

Rules of play:

Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. Groups of up to six players are generally acceptable, depending on course, time of day and TD discretion. Each group will have their own scorecard and will mark "A" for aces and "M" for holes on which they hit metal.
After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round.
The player with the most aces after 40 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.

Prize package:

Grand prize for each event is a Discraft merchandise package valued at or above $300. This event will also offer an optional $5 cash side pot for those who wish to participate, which is divided proportionally among the number of aces and/or metal hits.

Extra's:

As always, a distance contest (men'and women's), multiple rings of fire, and a putting contest will be held. All using the prototype disc!

To sign up:

You can sign up a couple of different ways, either catch me on the course, send a paypal payment to [email protected], or you can send a check to:

Jim Davidson
903 Merlin Roost
Katy, TX 77494

jdavidson
Aug 19 2007, 07:11 PM
Remember, only one week left to pre-register and secure a spot. To pre-register, make sure you get in touch with me at [email protected]

-JD

jdavidson
Aug 23 2007, 06:25 AM
I will be out at Moffitt this evening (Thursday) taking sign ups. Hope to see some of you out there.

jdavidson
Aug 27 2007, 01:32 PM
Well, the official period to pre-register for the 5th Annual Ace Race has ended. However, 11 extra packages were ordered and can be claimed on a first come first served basis. As in years past, most (if not all) of these extra players packages will be claimed before the actual day of the event. To claim one of these 11 spots, please contact me at [email protected] After these remaining 11 spots have been claimed, a waiting list will start.

ching_lizard
Aug 28 2007, 09:31 AM
Wow! 35 pre-registered for a non-sanctioned tourney is still pretty good Jim! :D Thank you for all of your efforts in putting this together and beating the PR drums for it.

I'm looking forward to making another run at it again this year! Last year's was a ton o fun! (And not just because I did well either!)

seeker
Sep 06 2007, 03:55 PM
Yo JRD, let's kick it

Ace, Ace, Baby!
Ace, Ace, Baby!
All right stop, collaborate and listen
Ace is back with a brand new invention
Plastic grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a headwind daily and nightly
Will it ever stop, yo I don't know
Hit from the fairway and I'm gold
To the extreme I spin a disc like a vandal
Light up the chains and wax a chump like a candle
Fools go rush to the drive that booms
I'm killing your round like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope short game
Anything less than your best is the Hall of Shame
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit basket, the kid don't play
If there was a problem, yo I'll solve it
Check out my putt when my snap revolves it
Ace, Ace, Baby!
Ace, Ace, Baby !

tbender
Sep 06 2007, 05:59 PM
Mike, that is wrong on soooo many levels.

seeker
Sep 07 2007, 12:25 AM
Sadly, these were not Vanilla's original lyrics. it they were, it coulda been a mega-hit .....

word

krazyeye
Sep 07 2007, 12:40 AM
Can't believe no one ever did that before... Ill.

Bizzle
Sep 07 2007, 05:10 PM
So you know were all expecting a live rendition of this in the morning!!

Yo i'm out of here....word to your mother.