and most of my throws go low and not far
How do i increase on distance
:cool::)(PM me )

TaylorLipo
Aug 10 2007, 08:21 PM
take steroids

Drew32
Aug 10 2007, 11:31 PM
Throw a slower speed disc (NOT a more understable one) and also work on getting more snap on your throw. See how that works out and let us know.

boredatwork
Aug 11 2007, 01:07 PM
A lightweight TeeBird might help you out. They have great glide and force the thrower to be smooth at release but still have a good pop at the hit of the throw. The lighter weight will go further with less effort too. I have learned a lot about the moment of release by throwing TeeBirds on lots of shots where I would normally throw some faster numbered disc.

I have since developed a slower, shorter and more deliberate runup with a quicker, poppier release. Try watching Markus Kallstrom throw, he doesn't run up to the teepad terribly fast but he has an incredible whipping action when throwing. This action also does not require a lot of effort either, just proper timing (and lots of practice)

eveidel
Aug 13 2007, 02:14 PM
I completely agree with the previous statement. I watched all of the top players in the world at highbridge and videotaped their drives... and only their first shot. I didn't even try to show where the disc was going...only form and technique of the player. As mentioned before, the previous statement was correct...even Ken Climo does this. On cement teepads you can't always get a run-up, so that is why this technique is great. Just a quick, lightstepped, powerful throw. When you follow through you want your body to be pushing forward as well, this would be known as a transfer of motion. When you reach back, your obviously on your back leg...and when you release, you should be transfering weight forward, toward the basket. All of this needs to be smooth and comfortable though, and the pros make it look easy. And it can be easy if you get the technique down. Technique, technique, technique.

circle_2
Aug 13 2007, 06:07 PM
When you reach back, your obviously on your back leg...and when you release, you should be transfering weight forward, toward the basket.

I'd like to add that once your plant foot is down...only then do these Pros even begin to bring the disc forward.