Luke Butch
Jul 18 2007, 04:24 PM
just wanted to let you pittsburgh guys know about this, a few people were asking me about it at the PFDO last weekend. I am hoping that whoever reads this can pass along the info to other traveling players. Its only 3 hours from Moraine/ 3:20 ish from Knob.

the TD would appreciate it if you could email/call him and let him know your coming(you do not have to send in entry fee, although it is appreciated).

I live 30 min away so if your looking for a place to crash my floor/couch is available.

http://www.nrdg.net/ChestnutRidgeFlyer07Final.pdf

Jeff_LaG
Jul 18 2007, 05:36 PM
Are they going to use the blue tees, which were used in the 2003 Chestnut Ridge Open and yielded a course SSA of 60.69, which makes it one of the toughest courses in the state of New York?

gotcha
Jul 18 2007, 07:47 PM
How's the course?

Luke Butch
Jul 19 2007, 12:10 AM
the blue tees will be used for at least 1, maybe 2 rounds. I will check on this

the course is not AS tough as it was then, as a lot of OB was taken out(however this was a natural ditch that runs along the entire back 9, so it didn't change scores too much).

no one has ever broken 54(casual or tournament play) from the blue tees. The beachwood classic held 2 rounds there last year, yielding a WCP of 52 from the short mens tees(white), and 57 from the long(blue) tees. Its not that you can't 3 every blue hole(actually ive 2'd all but 4 of them in the past) but putting a whole round together there can be very tough.

that tournament you mentioned Jeff- I was 10 over after 8 holes my last round, and finished 10 over, while another guy in my group was even after 9, and finished +9.

It is a challenging wooded course will quite a bit of elevation changes. if you were to look at just the distances on a scorecard you would think everything is reachable in one shot. its not. a fair amount of holes require placement shots and a plan for that particular hole. I tend to throw a lot of different shots when I play a round there, some that I will never throw anywhere else(like a <200ft lay up with a overstable driver to set up a easy 2nd shot)

KayakFisher
Jul 20 2007, 03:36 PM
If any of you pittsburgh guys are interested in going let me know. I'm thinking about going, but have to check my schedule for that weekend. I'm about half way there from da burgh and have some room at my house for fri night and maybe split a hotel room with someone on sat night? Steelers play Green Bay at 7:30 Sat, so hopefully we can find a bar that will have the game on!! Let me know, Jay

Luke Butch
Jul 23 2007, 08:33 PM
$400+ added to pro purse.

pros will play 2 rounds of blue(long) tees, and 2 rounds from white tees.