cornhuskers9495
Jun 20 2007, 10:59 AM
Liz Lopez..
http://pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=31162&year=2007

In here first full year playing tournaments, She's running away with her division...She won Majestic by 35 strokes!!!

Of course, E-Mac showing her the ropes is only making her better...

Keep it up Lizzy Lo!!!

SarahD
Jun 20 2007, 11:21 AM
I can think of another Liz who has been busting it up here in Michigan....shooting one stroke off of Des in Saturday's first round of the Disc Girls Gone Wild....and having an average drive of about 360.....

Hopefully Liz's timing to go pro two months ago won't kill her chances for Rookie of the Year as it has so many other women who go pro when they're ready instead of basing all their decisions around when Worlds falls......

geomy
Jun 20 2007, 11:38 AM
Awesome, Liz...just awesome...Once you're famous, remember your friends from back when all you carried was an orc :D

McCabe
Jun 20 2007, 06:34 PM
Way to go Liz! I'm so proud of you!

savard1120
Jun 20 2007, 06:35 PM
Taylor Cimala

dischick
Jun 21 2007, 11:33 AM
Taylor Cimala

next female phenom? i must be missing something here....

KDiscin
Jun 21 2007, 12:08 PM
Taylor Cimala

next female phenom? i must be missing something here....

No I don't think your missing anything. She is good and cute too.

Silliman
Jun 24 2007, 01:05 PM
Paige Pearse This girl is amazing,In Waco this year she almost made it over the river!!!She plays our mini's(against the men)and kicks all there butts.Her family is taking her to the worlds this year,so we are very happy for her,and she's only 14.Watch out ladys this girl is good!!

McCabe
Jun 24 2007, 09:02 PM
Yet another win by 30 plus strokes at an A tier by Liz Lopez! She shot an amazing 57 today at Water Works in KC!

circle_2
Jun 24 2007, 09:42 PM
Solid drive, solid putt! Congrads!!

the_kid
Jun 26 2007, 04:49 PM
Yet another win by 30 plus strokes at an A tier by Liz Lopez! She shot an amazing 57 today at Water Works in KC!

That tied Kenny. :D

seewhere
Jun 26 2007, 05:16 PM
sounds like it time for Liz too MOVE IT ON UP!! :D

shortchic
Jun 27 2007, 07:49 PM
Bumped!

esalazar
Jun 27 2007, 10:12 PM

wow , thats nutz!! great golf Liz!! way to rep texas and the 3rd coast!! :D

halton
Aug 23 2007, 01:14 AM

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 12:21 PM
Looks like Courtney Peavy is back in top form averaging 968 last weekend:
www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7362&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open%20Women (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7362&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open%20Women)
Next test this coming weekend with Berlogar at Atlanta Open.

xterramatt
Mar 31 2008, 02:42 PM
yeah, I saw that! Way to make it back into peak form! Tied the Pro Open winner last round!

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 02:47 PM
Hopefully tees were the same...

xterramatt
Mar 31 2008, 03:37 PM
I'm sure they were. Haven't seen changed pro tees by division in a few years.

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 03:44 PM
You played Worlds with FPO on HG White tees. It's not uncommon for Open Women to play shorter tees some rounds on regular B & C weekend events but maybe not in your area. It seems the more wooded the courses are, the less likely they will play different tees.

xterramatt
Mar 31 2008, 04:06 PM
or when not run by Chuck Kennedy. ;)

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 04:56 PM
Not my policy, PDGA course designers policy. Any of the others who set the courses for Worlds would do the same thing given those courses. No reason for different tees at Augusta Worlds with those shorter and/or wooded courses. Worlds Final 9 at Highbridge showed the choice for shorter tees in the prelims was better. All four finalists shot the same score on five of the Final 9 holes designed for scoring spread among the men. There was scoring spread as intended on all nine holes for the men. Had the women played shorter tees on some holes like they did during the prelims, it would have given challengers one last chance to catch the leader.

But 'no' it somehow disses women to play different tees than the men even though it's in their best interest from a competitive standpoint. LPGA women don't seem to have any problem playing shorter tees than the men or even the senior men. But then, no men are playing when the LPGA plays so no one can really see that they are shorter. It's only once a year when they have their three tour challenge that they point out the difference in tees among the tour representatives playing.

Yeti
Mar 31 2008, 07:59 PM
So your pointing out proper scoring variance for the men even though the Worlds Final 9 saw scores of 25,26,26,27?

Des made up four strokes to take second in that Final 9! There would have been even more scoring variances, but there were missed putts by several of the gals with scoring opportunities.

Are you saying you should have shortened up those tees to make sure none of the far throwing ladies have an unfair advantage?

I mean most men can't throw as far as Kallstrom or Avery, maybe we should make them tee off 100 feet behind everyone else or maybe we should add more divisions, yeah that's it.

No need to answer, we have heard it all before.

Yeti
Mar 31 2008, 10:07 PM
I will get us back on track and give some props to Liz Lopez who is making some incredible strides in the game. Little Nicole Cazares is also solidifying as a great young player and watch out for Melinda Ring who also is working very hard.

We are seeing some great women's efforts out there like the LOLO's Ladies of Live Oak who have garnered sponsorships to get the gals of their ladies league paid entry into the Texas Women's Championship. Nice job Laura!

lafsaledog
Mar 31 2008, 10:25 PM
I am not starting a rumor just to make sure of that but ... I cant wait for Nikki Ross to come back into the fold . I get to see her on occasion at her home course and boy she is as good as she ever was ..... I would bet she would make a run at the top of the womans open division right now .
Also I have the pleasure of seeing Jennifer Allen in Norman OK play and I would say she is a top woman player too .

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 10:51 PM
So your pointing out proper scoring variance for the men even though the Worlds Final 9 saw scores of 25,26,26,27?
Are you saying you should have shortened up those tees to make sure none of the far throwing ladies have an unfair advantage?

Not too hard to defend - the stats show it, ball golf has shown it works, it's not just length but overall skills, and if you believe there should be alternate tees at all on courses, then that implies there really are skill differences and the tees should be set properly to match them. Top women don't have the skills as top men and not even the top GM men.

Top four women could barely hang with the top four Sr GM men - long or short courses, and these guys are older than Bobby Riggs was in the famous exhibition. There's no shame in that. These are the best women in the world and deserve the many honors they've achieved. But they are different and that's why they have their own division.

If we're talking equality, women should expect just as much effort from the PDGA to design appropriately for their skills as we take for every other skill level. If they're not different, then no reason for a separate division. Tee it up all the time with the guys for real equality. Wouldn't be fair to other divisions to have it both ways.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 31 2008, 10:56 PM
I cant wait for Nikki Ross to come back into the fold . I get to see her on occasion at her home course and boy she is as good as she ever was.

I too would like to see Nikki Ross compete once again...only this time, it would be interesting to see how she makes out on her own, without having the benefit of a caddie father who chose her disc for every single throw and told her exactly how to throw each and every shot before she executed it.

I would know; after a car accident put me in last place in Advanced, I was behind the lead Advanced Women's Card practically the entire week at Am Worlds 2002 in Miami and witnessed it all.

MTL21676
Mar 31 2008, 11:11 PM
I would know; after a car accident put me in last place in Advanced, I was behind the lead Advanced Women's Card practically the entire week at Am Worlds 2002 in Miami and witnessed it all.

Please. You would have been there without the car accident :D

cgkdisc
Mar 31 2008, 11:15 PM
That would be great to see Nikki back. I think she partly left DG for a while to not mess with her NCAA eligibility and scholarship chances. She must be getting done with college now?

Jeff_LaG
Apr 01 2008, 12:08 AM
Please. You would have been there without the car accident :D

Funny, MTL.

But I checked and if I had shot the same score for the round that I missed 15 holes due to the accident as I did later in the week on that same course, I would have finished around 35th and just missed the semis.

MTL21676
Apr 01 2008, 10:04 AM
dang that sucks man.

keithjohnson
Apr 03 2008, 04:06 AM
Looks like Courtney Peavy is back in top form averaging 968 last weekend:
www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7362&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open%20Women (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7362&year=2008&incl udeRatings=1#Open%20Women)
Next test this coming weekend with Berlogar at Atlanta Open.

Courtney played the same tees at Deerlick as it was a relatively shorter technnical course with a few open "longer" holes, but Pro Women played mid tees at The Crucible GSSS Event #1 to match the ratings skill level.

ATL Open has 1 all 18 holes wooded course(ERP), and 1 Supersized "lite" more open bomber course(Central Park).
I designed 3 Skill appropriate layouts for all ratings divisions for Central, but some holes were changed and everyone except MA2 is playing the "lite" layout, so they all have a shot at USDGC qualifying.

I saw Courtney throw some killer long shots on Saturday, so my guess is that the woods course with some silly tees and fairways will be the deciding factor for the Women and most other divisions.

Keith

2Timer
Apr 03 2008, 08:52 AM
Rebecca Cox is 11 years old, and after breaking the 10 and under distance record with a throw of 246.5 feet she is working on breaking the girls 11 and under distance record of 320 feet. She is throwing about 280 now with a couple of months before her birthday. And she also rated 795!

wander
Apr 03 2008, 10:05 AM
Rebecca Cox is 11 years old, and after breaking the 10 and under distance record with a throw of 246.5 feet she is working on breaking the girls 11 and under distance record of 320 feet. She is throwing about 280 now with a couple of months before her birthday. And she also rated 795!

That's a great story idea. Any chance her proud papa can get some video of this young lady and get some advice from her for other youngsters on how they can improve their driving?

I'd be happy to share her story with others on my show.

Nice throwing, young lady!

Joe

cgkdisc
Apr 03 2008, 10:11 AM
Courtney played the same tees at Deerlick as it was a relatively shorter technnical course with a few open "longer" holes, but Pro Women played mid tees at The Crucible GSSS Event #1 to match the ratings skill level.

The unofficial ratings show that everyone played the same layout both rounds except the Rec Men & Women. Is that not correct?

keithjohnson
Apr 03 2008, 10:14 AM

The unofficial ratings show that everyone played the same layout both rounds except the Rec Men & Women. Is that not correct?

For which event 1 or 2?

cgkdisc
Apr 03 2008, 11:00 AM
2, the one Courtney played.

keithjohnson
Apr 08 2008, 12:36 AM
Courtney goes 2 for 2 on her Back in Georgia tour. Good battle with Sarah and Burl all weekend.

Would have had Significant other sweep again also except for the 6 stroke - no one felt like playing - swing that got Kev Sunday morning.
Only lost to Ken by 1.

Courtney's ratings for GSSS #2 are accurate as Pro women played the longer tees on all holes (same as Pro men, adv, etc.)

Keith (I know how to work the PDGA TD software :D) Johnson