ChrisWoj
Jun 12 2007, 12:00 AM
Do any of the major basket manufacturing companies do sponsorships? Providing say, discatchers or titan pros or chainstars for a temporary course, in exchange for maybe being a part of the event title (say the Discraft Glass City Challenge or the Gateway Glass City Open...)? The reason I ask is because I'm in discussion with a local golf club about possibly hosting a B-Tier in 2008 and one of the major hurdles is having enough baskets for a pair of courses (I believe, locally, we could easily come up with 18 solid baskets, but 36? No. Way.).

So, does anybody do this? Provide baskets for a week/weekend only in exchange for title sponsorship or something of the sort? Maybe a major discount on renting them? I'm curious what sort of avenues I would need to go through to get something like this to work.

So far I have been in discussion with local businesses about sponsoring individual holes, full and half page ads in the course/player guide, possible title sponsorship (although it could get clustered: the Innova Kroger Open? Hahaha, that'd be a mess of a name), things of that nature. Baskets are a major hurdle though.

So, any advice? I'd love to be able to run something huge, lots of added cash, a great player experience, something to really draw in some major players and leave them wanting to come back for more in a year, as well as satisfy sponsors and the host golf club.

ferretdance03
Jun 12 2007, 12:15 AM
The BHMO in Columbus has the Discraft temporary course every year I believe, set up across the dam.

adam15016
Jun 12 2007, 07:20 AM
I sent a request to Gateway to demo a Titan for our Ice Bowl weekend, never panned out.