doot
Jun 01 2007, 10:35 AM
Of the top pros rated over 1015 (arbitrary number), who do you folks feel are the *best* putters? Let's say highest % from inside 50'.

This question is in response to a discussion I had last night with one of the elite pros and his opinion on the best putters..

ck34
Jun 01 2007, 10:38 AM
Climo and Feldberg called Yeti one of the top five putters outside the circle at the clinic last night in Minnesota. He proceeded to put in his demo putt from 45 feet across the store.

skaZZirf
Jun 01 2007, 10:50 AM
Yeti is an incredible puTTer, but Cale seems to be a showman on the green...

johnbiscoe
Jun 01 2007, 10:53 AM
mike moser

CB2
Jun 01 2007, 11:02 AM
Coda Hatfield.

twoputtok
Jun 01 2007, 11:10 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

Brown Noser. :eek:

xterramatt
Jun 01 2007, 11:22 AM
I have a photo of Yeti missing a putt.

Of course, it was photoshopped. :)

friysch
Jun 01 2007, 11:27 AM
Ken Franks.

skaZZirf
Jun 01 2007, 01:57 PM
better question...which top player relys more on putting than driving...

bschweberger
Jun 01 2007, 02:12 PM
Of the top pros rated over 1015 (arbitrary number), who do you folks feel are the *best* putters? Let's say highest % from inside 50'.

This question is in response to a discussion I had last night with one of the elite pros and his opinion on the best putters..

In no particular order

Cam Todd
Moser
Feldberg
Climo
Yeti
Schultz
Doss
Anthon
Rico

skaZZirf
Jun 01 2007, 02:47 PM
no schweb.?

TonyClifton
Jun 01 2007, 05:12 PM
I have followed all of the best players in the world and the most impressive putter by far is Brad Hammock.

ck34
Jun 01 2007, 05:14 PM
That's true. He can easily be overlooked...

veganray
Jun 01 2007, 05:17 PM
Angela Tschiggfrie. Maybe the most deliberate pre-putt ritual in the sport, but the results are SWEET!

m_conners
Jun 01 2007, 05:48 PM
I think Courtney Peavy is a better putter than chick-fry. I've seen em' both play a number of times.

Steve Rico can putt lights out, mostly due to his choice of putter :cool:

http://www.frisbeekauppa.com/tuotteet/images/T/magnet.jpg

Ruder
Jun 02 2007, 02:15 AM
McCabe and Ron Convers - But maybe it is due to the part of the country I am from. I've seen McCabe drain 50-60 footers back to back standing one foot.

If Convers is within 100 feet - he is putting, whether he throws it like a putt or not. It between his ears it is.

cbdiscpimp
Jun 02 2007, 02:34 PM
I would say that Cam Todd was the best putter on the planet hands down when he was playing!!! I dont think many people including the Pros would disagree with me here but since he doesnt play anymore its a mute point.

So on to people who still play the game

Feldberg
Climo
Rico
Yeti
Doss
McCabe
Hatfield

riverdog
Jun 04 2007, 10:09 AM

(spoken in your best Magic Johnson to Craig Shoemaker voice) Awwwww, Chuck. Why you wanna say that? You so bad...... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D:D

skaZZirf
Jun 04 2007, 11:53 AM
I wrote CAle....and looky looky what happened...

MTL21676
Jun 04 2007, 12:38 PM
Brad is a great putter but misses too many shorties in my opinion.

All players are different in different situations.

Heres what I think who are the best, based on what I've seen.

Pressure Putts - Kenny
Best Hot putter - Barry
best head wind putter - Schweb
best wind putter - ron convers
least fear putter - Mike Johanson
inside of 30 - Mose
30 - 40 - Feldberg
40 - 50 - Yeti
50+ - LL
Best current putter - Anthon
And In my opinion, the best putter of all time - Cam Todd.

The best putter rated under 980 - me - lol

MTL21676
Jun 04 2007, 12:39 PM
and btw, I think its funny when people say Barry can't putt or Schweb can't putt or this guy can't putt...

It's nearly impossible to be at 1015 or better and not be able to putt.

DSproAVIAR
Jun 04 2007, 12:45 PM
Cam Todd put on a putting clinic at DGLO, I think 04. He was making a point about body alignment. He was putting from about 40' or 45'. He says, "When your body is lined up perfectly, you don't even have to look at the basket." So he closes his eyes and drains it on the pole.

jefferson
Jun 04 2007, 03:07 PM
who has ever said barry can't puTT? or schweb for that maTTer?

skaZZirf
Jun 04 2007, 03:15 PM
I cant putt, but i can pick a lock or two.

MTL21676
Jun 04 2007, 03:15 PM
who has ever said barry can't puTT? or schweb for that maTTer?

wasn't referring to anyone specific, just things I have overheard from time to time.

denny1210
Jun 04 2007, 07:22 PM
ron russell still plays occasionally. his style seems to have yielded some pretty good results.

specialk
Jun 05 2007, 12:04 AM

(spoken in your best Magic Johnson to Craig Shoemaker voice) Awwwww, Chuck. Why you wanna say that? You so bad...... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D:D

I'm just happy someone caught that...

ck34
Jun 05 2007, 12:06 AM
Sometimes I do those just for my own entertainment... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

riverdog
Jun 05 2007, 09:42 AM
Sometimes I do those just for my own entertainment... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

A favorite writer of mine, John Geirach, speaking of his friend Koke Winters says, "He has the most dangerous kind of sense of humor. He really doesn't care if anyone else thinks it's funny." :D

ck34
Jun 05 2007, 09:52 AM
Zactly!

riverdog
Jun 05 2007, 10:08 AM
:D

the_beastmaster
Jun 05 2007, 12:05 PM
Moser inside of 30?? Any of the guys listed are good inside 30, I just think it's amazing watching Moser drain from 60-80 like they're from 30.

discchucker
Jun 05 2007, 01:42 PM
I gotta throw this name into the list...Walt Haney. He can drop 'em in from all over the place.

20460chase
Jun 06 2007, 01:29 PM
Over a 1000, Yeti. Its pretty cut and dry. Ive seen him hit putts through walls of trees, through mailbox sized holes, just as easily as repeated 20-40ft putts.

I dont think hes over a 1000 until the next ratings, but Ken Franks ( Tank ) from Nebraska can putt.

I played with him at West Lake and Legion ( Crushed the course record, was amazing to watch ) and since hes been around the QCs the last few weeks, Ive played plenty of casuals with him. HE NAILS PUTTS. PERIOD.

DOESNT MATTER HOW FAR.

When my putters dream, they dream of flying in as many baskets from all over the place as his putters do.

Others not on list:

Matt Orum
AO
Sprague

accidentalROLLER
Jun 06 2007, 01:46 PM
On a side note, it was effing hilarious to see Sprague donkey a 4-footer on the MSDGC Skins and see Barry miss a 3-footer on the USDGC. Even great putters have brain-farts.

TheGatewayKid
Jun 07 2007, 02:38 AM
as far as mpo and ma1 in kentucky, i'm going to totally agree with kevin on this one.

dionarlyn
Jun 07 2007, 05:04 AM
I was really impressed with George Smith when i played with him at the Memorial. It seemed to me that he putted down at the basket even from 50 out.

discchucker
Jun 07 2007, 07:53 AM
George is a very good putter too.

DeanTannock
Jun 07 2007, 09:48 AM
The best putting I saw in a Pro Worlds final was by Mike Randolph in the 94 or 95 Texas worlds. Canned everything,I mean EVERYTHING in the final 9 holes.

Awesome! I still get chills from it... :cool:

sandalbagger
Jun 07 2007, 04:37 PM
Best putter hands down. Eric Vandenburg. The man is insane. Seriously. I've played with Barry, Orum, Cam, Moser, Coda, etc.... but the only putter who I would put my money on is Vandenburg. If you've never played with him or watched him, do yourself a favor and take some lessons. I played with him for the 8th time this weekend, and he never missed inside of 50 feet. And made quite a few from outside 50 also!

Chris_Sprague
Jun 19 2007, 03:45 PM
On a side note, it was effing hilarious to see Sprague donkey a 4-footer on the MSDGC Skins and see Barry miss a 3-footer on the USDGC. Even great putters have brain-farts.

Let's be fair, I missed a 12ft putt :o
(the behind the scenes story is that there was a sapling in my stance, and in a effort to disturb the plants as little as possible, I took an off-balance stance - lesson learned)

It is pretty funny though! :D

krazyeye
Jun 19 2007, 03:54 PM
Yeti from forty feet, sitting on a chair, in the dark, three in a row, I was impressed.

accidentalROLLER
Jun 19 2007, 04:19 PM

Let's be fair, I missed a 12ft putt :o
(the behind the scenes story is that there was a sapling in my stance, and in a effort to disturb the plants as little as possible, I took an off-balance stance - lesson learned)

It is pretty funny though! :D

With your long arms it was a 4-footer! We cracked up when we saw it cause we love you sprague! You should've played poker with us at Conner's house, (cause that's the only thing I can beat you at)! Keep tearin' it up Sprague! Always good to see you on the leaderboard.

So to recap, I've seen Sprague ace hole 8 at McClure and donkey a 4-footer at MSDGC!

Chris_Sprague
Jun 19 2007, 04:54 PM
[/QUOTE]
With your long arms it was a 4-footer! We cracked up when we saw it cause we love you sprague! You should've played poker with us at Conner's house, (cause that's the only thing I can beat you at)! Keep tearin' it up Sprague! Always good to see you on the leaderboard.

So to recap, I've seen Sprague ace hole 8 at McClure and donkey a 4-footer at MSDGC!

[/QUOTE]

Hilarious (the poker part) :D

Thanks I stand corrected it was a monkey arm 4ft putt

eddie_ogburn
Jun 19 2007, 09:45 PM
Cam Todd is the best putter I've ever seen.

Climo
Yetti
Doss
Mose
Feldberg
LL
Russell
Haney

To name the most elite. Most players rated that high putt so well it tough to compare. Steve Brinster is probably the worst putter out of the "Elite rated" pros. But I guess if you drive as well as he does, he rarely has to putt. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

doot
Jun 21 2007, 05:17 PM

Low blow (to the forehead.) :D

doot
Jun 21 2007, 05:23 PM

Low blow (to the forehead.) :D

aww man, i guess i'm a little late.. :-(

halton
Aug 23 2007, 01:31 AM
better question...which top player relys more on putting than driving...