idahojon
May 18 2007, 05:35 PM
Would you find it helpful for the course designer to be identified in the PDGA Course Directory listings? No contact information would be listed, just the name of the individual, team, committee, or club that was responsible for the initial design of the course.

sandalman
May 18 2007, 06:12 PM
of course it will look good... but it will be out of date, incomplete, and open up a liability.

far better to free the data via an RSS feed and let the creative enrgies of the disc golf world create new value

lowe
May 18 2007, 06:23 PM
I think it's a great idea to publish the name of the course designer. When I play a new course I like to know who designed it. And the person who put in tons of time and work deserves recognition.

sandalman
May 18 2007, 10:16 PM
why cant the person responsible for the course listing simply put that info in the description?

MichaelWebster
May 19 2007, 08:48 PM
i think this could be useful, but if the PDGA had to use already limited resouces for it it could wait a few more years. There may be better things for them to be working on, but i really have no idea what goes on in the PDGA.

Moderator005
May 19 2007, 10:13 PM
i think this could be useful, but if the PDGA had to use already limited resouces for it it could wait a few more years. There may be better things for them to be working on, but i really have no idea what goes on in the PDGA.

The PDGA Process Schedule is a key management tool created and used by the PDGA staff to track the many tasks and timelines to be accomplished during a calendar year and annual membership/tour cycle. For those of you who are interested in gaining more insight into what HQ coordinates and delivers, please check out the 2006 Process Schedule which is now posted here. (http://www.pdga.com/org/documents/2006/06PDGAProcessScheduleFinal.pdf)

Regards

BDH

MichaelWebster
May 20 2007, 11:17 PM
thanks for the info

keithjohnson
May 21 2007, 08:52 PM
of course it will look good... but it will be out of date, incomplete, and open up a liability.

far better to free the data via an RSS feed and let the creative enrgies of the disc golf world create new value

i agree with pat on the first part, and not being a geek have no idea what the second part means.....
but the other issues are time from design till now...

just from my point of view, only 1 of the four courses i personally put every hole in the ground is still the same layout...
in southern miami the local club, and constuction have changed over half the holes to the second kendall course course.

in northern miami, hurricances and construction/demolition have changed all the holes there,

in tucson the dumb-assed rec golfers not staying out of the private property got several holes changed there....
so it wouldn't be fair to have my name on some, it should be whoever RE-designed the courses...
and i'm sure my story could be repeated hundreds of times over around the country with other designers...

even here in atlanta the "premier" course which was a john david design has been changed several times with several pin positions on every hole, some of which would probably make john barf if his name was on them...

so long story short, it really isn't all that useful

just my opinion....

keith