clifftowne
May 17 2007, 06:03 PM
Going up to play up at Mtn. High North (AKA Sunrise) manana (Friday). Neighbor Andrew and I will be there at the parking lot by 10:30 or 11am if anyone wants to join us. Tom Bant says that 25 of the 27 targets were in the ground as of this morning!

Cliff
cell 323-574-7678 :D

clifftowne
May 17 2007, 10:06 PM
UPDATE: Chance Stevens confirms this evening that all 27 baskets are now in at Mtn. High North (AKA Sunrise)! Planning to be playing for sure by 11 am tomorrow morning.

Cliff
cell 323-574-7678

JonnyHyzer
May 18 2007, 03:34 PM
Cliff, can you please give an update on how the course was. How are the re-designed holes 1 and 10? What was the weather like -- any wind? I might go play it either Saturday or Sunday.

thanks,
Jon

clifftowne
May 19 2007, 12:19 AM
Folks,

The course was beautiful! I love it up there. The elevation, the altitude, the obstacles, the way altitude affects your throws. Tom Bant and Ron Brawley had a couple more tees to prepare - but the course is all in and very nice! Redesigned 1 is super - redesigned 10 is planned as a double - double mandy right now (I don't believe in mandatories in design if they can be avoided) but the mandys are not needed for safety - so you could go ahead and play 10 without the mandys - up to you!

Dunapace did a great job on the 18 hole design on this course. I like the final 9 also (Bant's design?). It may be the best disc golf experience in So Cal.

138 has construction so the best way there is 15 to 138, then over 2 small hills, under RR trestle and a quick left onto unmarked Lone Pine Rd. (by contruction sign - within a half mile of 15). Lone Pine hits Wrightwood then wend your way downhill to a left on the 2. Past Jensen's Market (sandwiches and supplies) up to a left on Table Mtn.

clifftowne
May 24 2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry that is Lone Pine Canyon Rd. and it is a RIGHT on Table Mtn.