mofo313
May 10 2007, 04:40 PM
A few of us staying in Denver looking to get a few rounds in between nights of WSP at Red Rocks, any suggestions?

marshief
May 10 2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.milehighdiscgolf.org/

There's a link to local courses from the main page. You'll most likely want to check out Paco (Lakewood Dry Gulch), Johnny and Badlands. Some of those can be a little tricky to navigate without help though. Post on the milehigh forums and I guarantee folks will offer up a round with you - we don't have a big tournament that weekend without a hefty drive. There's also weekly doubles at Johnny on Sundays at 10 am.

Your best bet is to post on the mile high forums though. I know of a few people headed to WSP, so you could probably hook up with them.

mofo313
May 11 2007, 03:25 PM
That Paco course seems pretty close to some friends places in the highlands, I'd imagine we'll end up there saturday afternoon. Thanks Marsh.

nanook
May 11 2007, 05:23 PM
That Paco course seems pretty close to some friends places in the highlands, I'd imagine we'll end up there saturday afternoon. Thanks Marsh.

Marsha's advice is spot on. Definitely post on the MHDGC forum if you want some company, it's pretty much assured someone will meet you out there for a round or two if you post a course and tee time...

nanook

Mikew
May 27 2007, 10:20 AM
Every year I run into out of towners on a course during the Panic weekend, so you won't be the only one, have fun.
If you're staying in the Highlands (not Highland Ranch, they are WAY apart and WAY different, I live in the Highlands) then Paco (Lakewood Dry Gultch) won't be too far away. Johnny Roberts isn't too far away either. They are 2 very different courses. JR is short and technical with a creek that comes in to play on most holes, if it's not too crowded (go early) you can play in an hour or so. Paco is much longer, more spread out, and it can take 2+ hours.