Discintilldeath
Apr 30 2007, 12:00 AM
I was wondering how I could get a high school club I have created this year to be a PDGA affiliated club. Are there a certain number of members you need? Does everyone have to be a current PDGA member? We have some big goals we would like to accomplish and it would be nice to have the PDGA behind our club helping us out however they can. Thanks in advance for any help.

okcacehole
Apr 30 2007, 12:02 AM
Affiliate Club Program (http://www.pdga.com/club_affiliate/club_affiliate.php)

I was wondering how I could get a high school club I have created this year to be a PDGA affiliated club. Are there a certain number of members you need? Does everyone have to be a current PDGA member? We have some big goals we would like to accomplish and it would be nice to have the PDGA behind our club helping us out however they can. Thanks in advance for any help.

baldguy
May 10 2007, 01:16 PM
the above link is a good one. Becoming a PDGA Affiliate club gives your existing club quite a few nice benefits including membership discount, free officials tests, and your own PDGA DISCussion Forum (under the affiliate clubs section). Your entire club does not need to be a PDGA member, but it is encouraged through membership drive competitions, the discount, etc. You still govern your club as you would without the affiliation. It doesn't cost you anything and it helps promote the sport... it's a win-win :)

If you're looking for club ideas other than just the PDGA affiliation, there are quite a few clubs with active threads in the affiliate club section. I'm sure you can get lots of ideas here on this thread or any of those. My two cents: have your club run a regular mini in your area. Perhaps order some club-stamped discs and sell them. Use that money (and any mini proceeds) towards course improvements in your area. Benevolent clubs with good members are an extremely valuable resource to the DG community. Affiliating with the PDGA improves your ability to promote the sport and increases the effectiveness you can have in your area.

Good to hear about the new club. Keep up the good work :)