Jeannie
Mar 26 2007, 03:23 PM
I would like to know how other clubs in other areas run their Doubles with a breakdown. PLEASE breakdown the fees!!

ie : $3 mandatory to Pot
$1 mandatory to Course Maintenance
$1 optional Ace Pot
$1 optional Birdie Pot

*******For those that do collect a fee such as a greens fee or course maintenance fee, do your club members pay this fee as well. Thank you so much!!!! Please, anyone respond!!

dave_marchant
Mar 26 2007, 04:04 PM
Tacodisc Doubles here in Charlotte (starting back up weekly next Tuesday at 5:30pm) is $8 for everyone.
- $1 per person goes to the Ace Pool (mandatory - easier for registration)
- $2 goes to the club (course maintenance)
- the rest ($5 per player) goes to payout - cash.
- Payout is around 33% with the winning players getting a custom stamped Roc.

We have club owned merchandise for sale, the profits of which go to the club too.

It is random draw partners from an A (Expert) Pool and a B (not so expert) Pool. This a very popular event with weeknight attendance regularly in the 30-50 range.

Jeannie
Mar 26 2007, 05:17 PM
Thank you! Do you also have an Organized Club that these people pay a seperate Membership Fee for?

dave_marchant
Mar 26 2007, 05:52 PM
Yes we have a club that people people pay memberships for ($25/yr). Not sure how organized it is though. :confused: :D We had about 150 members last year and are approaching 100 signed up already this year.

Not sure what you have in mind or why you are asking. There are some good links to great info about starting clubs, running events, etc., here:
http://www.pdga.com/club_affiliate/club_affiliate.php

Jeannie
Mar 26 2007, 06:03 PM
Thank you for your time! Anyone else please.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 26 2007, 06:22 PM
The following is the current Doubles schedule for the Lehigh Valley Disc Club in the cities of Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton / Quakertown, Pennsylvania.

$5 per player: $1 from that total goes to the ace pot, $1 goes to the club, and the other $3 is for the payout.

Mon: Hacketts Park, Easton, PA
Tues: Jordan Creek, Whitehall, PA
Wed: Nockamixon State Park, Quakertown, PA
Thurs: DeSales University, Center Valley, PA
Fri: South Mountain, Bethlehem, PA

There is only one pool. The top two pros can get paired up randomly together, as well as the bottom two novice golfers. Payout is 75/25 to the top two teams, unless there are 6 or less golfers that show for doubles. Then the payout is 100% to the winning team.

Jeannie
Mar 27 2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks Jeff!

Anyone else please?

krupicka
Mar 27 2007, 10:13 AM
$7 random draw best shot

Breakdown
$1 Ace Pot
$1 Course Fee (to park district)
$5 to Payouts
Payout goes to top 1/3.

This leagues is not affiliated with a club.

johnrock
Mar 27 2007, 01:20 PM
Texas Panhandle Flying Disc Association:

2nd Sunday Random Draw Doubles - $3.00 to get in, $2.00 Ace Pot (optional), $2.00 Fundraiser (optional).... The fundraiser is something we do before every TPFDA event. We get a $5.00 Lottery Scratch-off ticket and do a CTP(Hole #1 Tee Pad to Practice Basket-around 120 feet). For $2.00 you get 2 shots. Doing this has raised around $600.00 for our Ice Bowl donations and other event expenses each year.

We also do a weekly Random Draw Doubles during the summer (typically on Wednesdays). We've done several different formats and entry fees.

Jeannie
Mar 29 2007, 03:27 PM
Thank you all that responded! Anyone else? Com'n, there are so many clubs out there that run doubles.

Sharky
Mar 30 2007, 11:39 AM
OK, you win :D

In the DC/Baltimore area we have 3 weekly doubles leagues and one triples.

At the Calvert road course in college park we do $2 random draw doubles with an optional $1 for the ace pot. We keep the entry fee low and do a true random draw two newbies or Gawler/Gangloff as partners it does not matter. Early in the season we draw around 20 later as much as 40 a week. As I said it is not used to raise money for the club except some money is siphoned off of the ace pot occasionaly and used to sponsor the one PDGA event a year at Calvert the Calvert Open. Most money goes to the winners but we do pay 10% to the second place team.

Every Thursday is Druid triples where folks pay $3 with an optional $1 for the acepot. Players are rated from 1 to 5 and teams are drawn that must be between 6 and 10 points per team. Teams play on the honor system with winner take all. Triples draws similar numbers to Calvert but a little more as paul will be sure to point out :D

Wednesdays we have Seneca doubles and Rockburn doubles. They are on different sides of town so there is not too much overlap. Seneca has a $2 entry fee, optional $1 for an ace pot, and an optional $1 for a CTP. Rockburn is $3 and doubles or triples are played depending on how many show.

Scorecards are used at all of these events.

What do you guys do up at Warwick?

gotcha
Apr 01 2007, 10:29 AM
Knob Hill Doubles (http://pfds.org/leagues.html) (Tuesday evenings April - October)
Moraine Monthly (http://pfds.org/leagues.html) (one Saturday afternoon each month)

The entry for both doubles leagues is $5 at 100% payout (ace fund is an optional $1). Here's our payout table:

http://img5.glowfoto.com/images/2007/04/01-0559094771T.jpg (http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?img=01-055909L&y=2007&m=04&t=jpg&rand=4771&srv=img5)

The Tuesday Doubles at Knob Hill is quite popular and we attempt to group the better players with the beginners. Players will sign up as an "A" player (pro/adv) or a "B" player (am/rec) and we use a deck of cards for players to randomly choose the teams (i.e. deuces pair up and play on the same card as pair of threes, fours play with fives, etc).

Jeannie
Apr 04 2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you for responding everyone!

Apr 05 2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Gotcha, you locals do not get upset with you very generous payouts ????
Anything over 30 % here in Funkytown, people start whining !

my_hero
Apr 05 2007, 03:15 PM
Maybe you should start calling it Whineytown. Of course it goes back to the age old proverb....if you don't like it then do it yourself. See how many step up then.

Gotcher is a huge supporter and promoter of DG no matter where he resides. People should thank him the next time they see him. Which reminds me....Jerry, you do have family here. I think it's about time to come pay them a visit...and while you're here....Cedar Hill with Lightning and myself.

Apr 05 2007, 03:49 PM
it goes back to the age old proverb....if you don't like it then do it yourself. See how many step up then.

About 47 ..... Including you!
BTW- Somebody has requested an additional " My Hero was right" t-shirt be made ... What do you think?

my_hero
Apr 05 2007, 03:54 PM
LOL. I get to say....I've done my time, it's somebody else's turn. You certainly won't ever hear me gripe about how somebody else is running things. I might be thinking it, but usually won't voice it.

As for the shirt....The more the merrier. :DIn fact, i need one.

Apr 05 2007, 04:23 PM
i need one.

God only gave me one .... Sorry man, we can not all be as blessed as the discboomer ! :D

As for the tee shirt's .. Perhaps I could get a little something going .... We shall see.....

discgolf94
Apr 06 2007, 03:37 AM
we run a a Saturday scratch and handicap league it $5.00 entry
$1.00 ace fund
$1.00 club
$3.00 payout
scratch lg pays one spot for 1-10 players two spots at 20 so on and so forth

Sunday is best shot is $7.00
$2.00 ace fund ace builds faster (people seam to show for a big aces fund)
$1.00 club
$4.00 payout
1-13 players is one team pay out 14-23 2 team so on and so forth
Wednesday best shot same as sundays but our club has work with the course owners and had the greens fees waved. for the most part we have great turnout
As for club membership fee its $10 for one year. all money generated in memberships it put into the club championships . (match play) im not sure to haw many member we as last year i know there was a bunch.
i hope this helped

Katen_6147
Apr 18 2007, 10:20 AM
Ours is random draw.

$5 to play
$1 Optional Ace

100% pay out. Top 1/3 teams. I
have a chart I go by for payout. Also have a complaint box located in the middle of the 2 acre pond. All compalints must be in writing and put in the boox. So far no complaints!

Jroc
Apr 23 2007, 02:53 PM
Our Sunday doubles is Random draw

$5 per person ($10 per team)
$2 optional ace pot

100% paid out

Alacrity
Apr 25 2007, 11:53 AM
Tyler Texas, Rose City Disc Club

$5 random draw doubles (we tried no money and had no players)
$2 optional ace pot ($1 if you only want half the pot if you hit it. I will often get people hooked that way)
$1 mandatory course development fund

We pay 45% or there abouts, very similar to the payout shown before and we do get some whining every so often about being to generous. Funny thing is I only hear the whining after the round is over and generally only by first place. Greedy b*$%^#$%s!

Apr 25 2007, 05:30 PM
Tyler Texas, Rose City Disc Club

$5 random draw doubles (we tried no money and had no players)
$2 optional ace pot ($1 if you only want half the pot if you hit it. I will often get people hooked that way)
$1 mandatory course development fund

We pay 45% or there abouts, very similar to the payout shown before and we do get some whining every so often about being to generous. Funny thing is I only hear the whining after the round is over and generally only by first place. Greedy b*$%^#$%s!

Tell Farnham to shut up... :D

dave25926
Apr 25 2007, 10:02 PM
Red Roc DGC
$15 club fee

Random draw doubles Pro/am
$10 total

$5 entry free
$1 ace fund
$1 ctp disc
$3 50/50 ctp. half for the club and half for the player who gets the ctp.

Our website Red Roc DGC (http://redroc.ath.cx)

p-katt
May 11 2007, 01:16 PM
Lubbock, TX - We run doubles twice a week (mostly). Thurs at 6:00 during DST from our rec tees and then on Sat at 2:00 all year from our pro tees. We charge $6 - $1 to ace pot (we keep ace pot amounts for rec and pro), and then we pay out the top half of the teams in discs, merchandise, or cash. All players CAN win the ace. We 'seed' the teams a little. We kind of know who the better players are, so we divide all players by 'up' and 'down' and then random draw (by cards or discs). By doing this semi-random format we really make the teams/scores close and competitve. There are no more pro/pro and rec/rec teams. Also, we give a disc to any fist time player to one of our events (if they do not win a disc anyway). I give an added bonus certificate to the winning team (I usually forget though). To break ties for the last place or if we have an odd number, we will have a CTB from assorted positons to our practice basket. Also, we have a few 'bounties' on a few of the select holes on the course. After were done, cold beer is served at our local brewery.

tokyo
May 16 2007, 04:54 PM
So what is the best way to pay out for a mini that is $5 is there a scale somewhere that has how many people play and how many to pay out?

okcacehole
May 16 2007, 05:34 PM
I have an OLD payout scale that was used in OKC in the early 90's for a $5.00 entry if you want a copy

tokyo
May 17 2007, 09:51 PM
Sweet I know King has one but I might start running the Griffin mini so would like to see one.

rtinsa
Jun 30 2007, 03:13 PM
LODGA UC SINGLE"S

$12 open $10 payout $1 CTP, $1 ACEPOT
$7 AM $5 Payout $1 CTP, $1 acepot

No complaint's/