rhett
Mar 22 2007, 04:07 AM
Anybody know if the pre-reg for HB is posted anywhere?

Also, it's not listed on the PDGA Tour schedule. Anybody know why not?

TIA.

discette
Mar 22 2007, 09:04 AM

Also, it's not listed on the PDGA Tour schedule. Anybody know why not?
TIA.

The registration is posted on the So Cal Site.

2007 Higher Flyer Memorial (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2007HigherFlyerMemorial.html)

I don't why it is not on the PDGA schedule as it is going to be a PDGA event.

rhett
Mar 22 2007, 01:30 PM

The registration is posted on the So Cal Site.

2007 Higher Flyer Memorial (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2007HigherFlyerMemorial.html)

Hmmmm....I don't see it. I only see the entry form. I was wondering how full it is and what the divisions are looking like.

quickdisc
Mar 22 2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks !!!!!

I did print some entry forms and will have them available , tomorrow at Mountain Mike's Pizza at our Club meeting.

When: Friday , March 23 , 2007

Time: 7:00 p.m. tee time

Where: Mountain Mike's Pizza
3089 Clairemont Dr., Suite E
San Diego CA 92117

Mar 23 2007, 01:35 AM
I just went to HB today this afternoon and handed my fee to Jerry. Learned that someone told there is 8 more left to register. Call Jerry to see whats up and about PDGA sanction, too.

discette
Mar 23 2007, 10:41 AM
The event is PDGA sanctioned and fees have been paid. Jerry had to install Excel on his new computer to be able to do the tournament input. That should be up in a few days.

The Am division is filled and a waiting list will be started.

rhockaday
Mar 23 2007, 12:05 PM
The event is PDGA sanctioned and fees have been paid. Jerry had to install Excel on his new computer to be able to do the tournament input. That should be up in a few days.

That is ashame that the AM field is filled already. Had it shown up on the PDGA Tour page I would have signed up early for this event.

Oh well.

Richard

rhett
Mar 23 2007, 02:34 PM

We mailed our entries earlier this week.

rizbee
Mar 23 2007, 03:14 PM

That is ashame that the AM field is filled already. Had it shown up on the PDGA Tour page I would have signed up early for this event.

Oh well.

Richard

We're in the same boat in our household. It would have been nice to see this event on the PDGA board because we wanted to play in it. I guess there will be no Rizbees @ HB.

discette
Mar 23 2007, 03:15 PM
I am sorry that Jerry wasn't able to get the pre-reg posted sooner.

Everyone in So Cal please take note: SIGN UP EARLY for any event you want to play!!!! The calendar is on the website through June, so please plan ahead. The day the entry gets posted, is the day you should be sending your check. (If you don't have the money until next week, enclose a note with your check asking the TD not to cash the check until X-date.) Every single So cal event with Am's has sold out well in advance this year. Pro only events are practically selling out, but not as quickly.

Please do not blame the TD if you do not get in. No matter what the TD does or doesn't do, it is still YOUR responsibility to register early.

Repeat after me: "I shall sign up early for all So Cal events that I plan to play."

rizbee
Mar 23 2007, 03:26 PM
How long has the HB event been on the SoCal calendar with registration information? If I missed it, my bad, but it doesn't seem like it was advertised on the SoCal page very long before it was full. Also, there was no thread for the tournament started on this board until Rhett became curious. I would like to see more information disseminated to members, rather than members having to go searching for it - that's should be a benefit of membership.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the HB folks will have a full field. I just wish I would have known about it sooner, then I would have been a part of it.

discette
Mar 23 2007, 03:59 PM
Sorry you missed out Alan. The HB event has been listed on the So Cal website since early December. The entry form was posted on February 23rd. You can always send your entry and get on the waiting list.

I don't know what more So Cal can do. If you are interested in an event, check the 2007 schedule on the So Cal website. When the entry form comes available, the link that says "CLICK HERE" is activated. The active links are blue (purple if you have ever clicked it) and the inactive links are black.

Evergreen Open entry form should be available any day now. The TD is working on it as I type.

2007 So Cal Schedule (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2007SoCalSchedule.html)

rizbee
Mar 23 2007, 04:47 PM
My mistake. I guess I rely too much on the PDGA schedule and should check the SoCal schedule on a more regular basis. :o

Are there plans for SoCal tournaments at Waller Pines, Yucaipa or Wrightwood this year?

rhockaday
Mar 23 2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry you missed out Alan. The HB event has been listed on the So Cal website since early December. The entry form was posted on February 23rd. You can always send your entry and get on the waiting list.

I don't know what more So Cal can do. If you are interested in an event, check the 2007 schedule on the So Cal website. When the entry form comes available, the link that says "CLICK HERE" is activated. The active links are blue (purple if you have ever clicked it) and the inactive links are black.

Evergreen Open entry form should be available any day now. The TD is working on it as I type.

2007 So Cal Schedule (http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2007SoCalSchedule.html)

Still ashame that this tournament was not listed on the PDGA Tour page in advance.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard
p.s. What is Socal Disc Golf?

quickdisc
Mar 23 2007, 05:33 PM
I'll bring some Entry forms with me tonight for this tournament.

http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2007SoCalSchedule.html

rhett
Mar 23 2007, 05:39 PM
p.s. What is Socal Disc Golf?

It's the PDGA Affiliated Club that brings you this section of the message board and also provides the framework for tournaments to be part of the SoCal Series.

Mar 23 2007, 06:17 PM
just ashame that u didnt check SoCal.

just my 2 cents, too!

rizbee
Mar 23 2007, 07:15 PM
Yup. I just assumed that anything on the SoCal site would also be on PDGA. I know better now. But you know what happens when one assumes...

discette
Mar 23 2007, 07:29 PM
My mistake. I guess I rely too much on the PDGA schedule and should check the SoCal schedule on a more regular basis. :o

Are there plans for SoCal tournaments at Waller Pines, Yucaipa or Wrightwood this year?

The short answer to your question is maybe, maybe and maybe.

Yucaipa is having a small nonPDGA, non-SoCal fundraiser on Saturday, April 7th opposite the Sylmar Open (which is a So Cal/PDGA event. Sylmar is still is not showing on the PDGA schedule either. Sorry, I don't know why.) There is still a possibility of a year round course being installed in Yucaipa later this year. If the year round course becomes a reality, a tournament will become a reality as well.

Wrightwood will have an event on August 25 & 26th IF the baskets go in. Two years ago we put it on the schedule in December, and then the resort was sold and the baskets couldn't go in and then we had to cancel the tournament and a bunch of people complained that we canceled it. So this event won't be listed it until it is a sure thing.

Waller Pines may or may not have an event this year. Birdie Bob is getting burned out by all the work he does and the players that complain every year about what goes wrong. He also lost a lot of money on the event last year because a sponsor backed out without telling him. If anyone knows anyone in Santa Maria area who might be willing to step up and run this event, Birdie Bob would be glad to help them. It would be a shame to lose this event.

In other news:

US Masters is scheduled for September 14 -16th.

Coyote Classic/Ventura Open has confirmed for October 20 & 21st. This will be opposite Las Vegas Ams. The Ams will have to choose which event they would rather attend this year. It will sell out no matter what weekend it is on.

So Cal Championships will be in November again. Probably on two separate weekends. I am still recovering from last year so I can't commit right now.

Still no word from Reese about a Riverside event. He doesn't "run" his own events. Like Reese says: "The Donald doesn't actually run the boxing matches in his hotels, he merely provides the venue."

Hope that helps.

rizbee
Mar 23 2007, 07:37 PM
Great info!!!! Thanks very much! I will mark my calendar (in pencil). :D

We can now return this thread to discussion of the HB tourney...

rhett
Mar 23 2007, 07:45 PM
The Morley Field Spring Fling entry form was available at the Morley website yesterday.

We can now return this thread to discussion of the HB tourney...

I hope we get into HB as I haven't played this tourney in a couple of years. I really like the HB course and am glad to see the tourney as a PDGA and SoCal event. It's my own fault if we get shut out since I've had the entry forms printed out probably since the day they went up on the SoCal site. :o

discette
Mar 23 2007, 08:24 PM
Now that I know the Spring Fling entry form is available, it will be on the So Cal site soon along with the Evergreen Open entry form.

Mar 23 2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I was a little frustrated to see some events are not on PDGA list while they are on SoCal. I always contact TD to see whats up about on PDGA list before send registration. Am thinking about playing Pro instead of Advance... Anyone of you can fill ur name in Advance divison instead of me... Who wanna in? /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ;) :D Kidding kidding!

quickdisc
Mar 23 2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks Discette for all your work !!!!!! :D

Donny Olow

rhett
Mar 23 2007, 10:04 PM
Suzette,

Tourneys usually don't show up on the PDGA Tour calendar until the sanctioning agreement has been submitted and the sanctioning fees have been paid. I think you said that the sanctioning fees were paid for this one (HB) and for Sylmar, so maybe the Sanctioning Agreements haven't been filled out and submitted yet? Just a thought for something to check on.

keithjohnson
Mar 23 2007, 10:56 PM
Suzette,

Tourneys usually don't show up on the PDGA Tour calendar until the sanctioning agreement has been submitted and the sanctioning fees have been paid. I think you said that the sanctioning fees were paid for this one (HB) and for Sylmar, so maybe the Sanctioning Agreements haven't been filled out and submitted yet? Just a thought for something to check on.

can't you just be rhett, instead of flaunting that you wasted more banwidth than any other pdga member? :eek: :D:D

to your point on sanctioning you are correct..it doesn't get put on the schedule until filed and the asterisk doesn't go away until you've PAID your sanctioning fees...

too many people were SAYING there event was pdga sanctioned,not "really" getting it sanctioned and then players in the event would...let's all say it together now... <font color="red"> BLAME THE PDGA </font> for not getting points, ratings, etc., instead of the dirtbag td's who wanted to use the pdga name but not pay for it....

so now...you get on with asterisk when filed, and asterisk removed when paid,so it's at least a little harder to scam the pdga sanctioning...

everybody's best best is to check their LOCAL websites first, send your money in early, which make things easier on the td's, which makes things run smoother, which makes "you...the players" happier and everyone wins!!!

see everybody at gsc in 5 weeks

keith

rhett
Mar 24 2007, 02:08 PM
I'd like to assume that the TDs paid their sanctioning fees like Suzette said, and thought they were good to go, not realizing that things changed this year. :)

keithjohnson
Mar 27 2007, 12:14 AM
I'd like to assume that the TDs paid their sanctioning fees like Suzette said, and thought they were good to go, not realizing that things changed this year. :)

if they PAID they would be listed on the schedule...so if they aren't and they DID pay, they need to contact gentry to see what's up...

keith

rhett
Mar 27 2007, 04:06 PM
It finally showed up on the Tour Schedule! Yea! :)

I hope they get the pre-reg posted soon so I can see if I squeaked in...

quickdisc
Apr 16 2007, 05:58 PM
Congratulations to all the winners this past weekend at Huntington Beach !!!!!

http://www.pdga.org/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=6872#Open

Nice Going Carlo Pelg !!!!! Yea Dude !!!!!! :cool:

Way to go Emily Hardy !!!!! :D

Way to go Glenn Triemstra !!!! :D

Nice win Randy Wylot !!!!!! :D

Nice win Laurie Stroh !!!!!! :D

rhett
Apr 16 2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks to Jerry and the Higher Flyers for super-fun, well run, on time tourney with a great payout. :)

kgomez
Apr 17 2007, 12:29 PM
Congratulations to all the winners this past weekend at Huntington Beach !!!!!

http://www.pdga.org/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=6872#Open

Nice Going Carlo Pelg !!!!! Yea Dude !!!!!! :cool:

Way to go Emily Hardy !!!!! :D

Way to go Glenn Triemstra !!!! :D

Nice win Randy Wylot !!!!!! :D

Nice win Laurie Stroh !!!!!! :D

Randy lost in the playoff.