Mar 10 2007, 04:01 AM
The 2nd Annual Femillz Open Michigan Women's Championship (MWC) will take place at Hudson Mill's Metropark on August 18th, 2007, this is a Saturday.

I am striving to make this event as much fun as it was last year but hopefully cooler temperature wise, like I have control over the weather. 22 ladies played in 2006 I hope to double that number this year. I need your help to do that, tell your friends bring more ladies out to the event. Help me find sponsors if you can, no gift or donation is to big or to small. Money or discs come in all quantities or types. Maybe you could make suggestions, i always appreciate those. You can contact me via the PDGA discussion site or via the www.A3disc.org (http://www.A3disc.org) website or directly to me at [email protected] I fully expect the player�s packs to be at least as good as last year. I am always looking for other ideas to put in the players packs. I don't expect the necklace from Jen but will look for something just as nice to replace it.
This event should show up on the PDGA event schedule as we have paid the sanctioning fee recently.

Last year players packs contained, a disc and mini from quest, a mini from Discraft, a truly awesome necklace created by Jen Dombrowski, emery board, fine point permanent marker, small pack of tissues, candle, various bumper stickers, and other things that I can't remember.
Most of these will be in the player�s packs as a minimum in 2007 but hopefully with a shirt and other new items. I really need more ideas, let me know thanks if you have any other suggestions or ideas please.
Some people scoffed at the dollar value of merchandise gave away last year. $6200.00 these are retail $$ and not my numbers based on retail costs of everything in the players packs, jumbo toss, raffle, as well as what was given to the volunteers.
I will be looking for more volunteers to help with this year if they register with me personally I will guarantee them a minimum of a disc as well, I would love to supply caddies or scorekeepers with every group. A lot of significant others showed up at the event but most of them played on their own but did not volunteer. If they help full time with the event they can come away with something for them as well.

I need a Disc sponsor; I am hoping Quest would like to fill that role again and into the future, to fill the player�s packs which Quest filled very nicely last year. I would also like to find a shirt sponsor or someone to invest in shirts for the ladies.
I have been unable to contact my artist for last year so I really really really need artwork for this year. Artwork submitted becomes my property. I am willing to pay either 4 discs (of my choice) with the selected artwork on it or a max., of $40. I am still sitting on over 100 discs left over from last year. I will probably print a few less this year. I am shooting for 50 players packs this year. Hoping I might reach that number I may not but that is my goal, please feel free to help me and attend play and have fun.

It was very very hot in 2006; hopefully it won't be so bad in 2007. Pre-Reg will probably be set up after DGLO.

I don't expect any sassy pants stuff as all of that came from disc golf express not sassy pants. He cleared his stock to me for you ladies, sorry. Unless sassy pants wants to donate some stuff?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have received cash sponsors over $500 already. So something will be added to the PRO purse that will be determined by how many PRO's sign-up in advance. I am hoping for 10 PRO's in which case I will add at least $50 to the PRO purse. The addition to the PRO purse will be determined also by other sponsors I get for things like shirts. All other $$ will be used to enhance the players packs, which should still go to the first X players to pre-Reg, that number to be determined in the future, I am shooting for 50. All PRO's and AM's will be eligible for players packs not just AM's.

I paid nothing for last year's trophies I will try to improve those for you this year. They will still be simple but not hand engraved by me. Now you know why they were rough. I will pay an engraver this year. The circles were donated by a customer of mine.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions
Thanks
William Gilbert
A3 Disc