discnation
Feb 22 2007, 11:06 AM
Hey everyone! The town of Kyle is conducting a course clean-up day on Sat. March 3rd. They're providing free lunch for workers, and we (Disc Nation) are going to be having a mini afterwards. Here are the details:

Course Clean-up will start at 9:00 AM and run until about noon. The Town of Kyle will be supplying a FREE Pizza lunch to all workers at noon. Starting at 1:00, we will have a mini with trophies to be provided by the Town of Kyle, and Prizes to be provided by Disc Nation. The mini will be $5.00, with an optional Ace Pot. The Township of Kyle is very enthusiastic about disc golf and has devoted a lot of resources to installing this course, so this is a great opportunity for disc golfers to show their appreciation for a great course in a great town.

Also, Wednesday night minis will be starting back up at Steeplechase on April 4th. These minis will be held every Wednesday night at 6:00. The format will be singles play with alternating long and short tees each week to start. The entry fee will be $5.00 with $1.00 going to support South Austin Disc Association, with weekly CTP and skills contest prizes to be donated by Disc Nation. There will also be an optional ace pot.

Please feel free to contact Disc Nation at 280-1115 for any additional information about the clean-up day or weekly minis.

Directions to Steeplechase from Austin

- Route 35 South
- Exit for FM 150 in Kyle (exit 213?)
- At first Intersection, go Left (cross over highway)
- At stop sign Go Right
- Go Past Dairy Queen to Bottom of Hill
- Take Left on to FM 150
- Take 1st Left on to Lehman
- Go Down 1 Mile
- Take Left on to Hallie St
- Follow to entrance to Park

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 22 2007, 12:00 PM
great- I will try and be there,but why are they going to start the minis next week @6:00? that seems too late.

discnation
Feb 22 2007, 12:07 PM
The weekly Minis will start the first week of April (after Daylight savings begins). We may need to move the start time up for the first few weeks, depending on the daylight.

See you on the 3rd.

suemac
Feb 22 2007, 12:54 PM
FYI, They have moved up the start of day light savings time this year. So, beginning March 11th it is back to golf time and this year it doesn't stop until after Holloween on November 4th.

LouMoreno
Feb 27 2007, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone! The town of Kyle is conducting a course clean-up day on Sat. March 3rd. They're providing free lunch for workers, and we (Disc Nation) are going to be having a mini afterwards. Here are the details:

Course Clean-up will start at 9:00 AM and run until about noon. The Town of Kyle will be supplying a FREE Pizza lunch to all workers at noon. Starting at 1:00, we will have a mini with trophies to be provided by the Town of Kyle, and Prizes to be provided by Disc Nation. The mini will be $5.00, with an optional Ace Pot. The Township of Kyle is very enthusiastic about disc golf and has devoted a lot of resources to installing this course, so this is a great opportunity for disc golfers to show their appreciation for a great course in a great town.

Also, Wednesday night minis will be starting back up at Steeplechase on April 4th. These minis will be held every Wednesday night at 6:00. The format will be singles play with alternating long and short tees each week to start. The entry fee will be $5.00 with $1.00 going to support South Austin Disc Association, with weekly CTP and skills contest prizes to be donated by Disc Nation. There will also be an optional ace pot.

Please feel free to contact Disc Nation at 280-1115 for any additional information about the clean-up day or weekly minis.

Directions to Steeplechase from Austin

- Route 35 South
- Exit for FM 150 in Kyle (exit 213?)
- At first Intersection, go Left (cross over highway)
- At stop sign Go Right
- Go Past Dairy Queen to Bottom of Hill
- Take Left on to FM 150
- Take 1st Left on to Lehman
- Go Down 1 Mile
- Take Left on to Hallie St
- Follow to entrance to Park

REMINDER - Help out this Saturday if you can.
The following is from the City of Kyle's website.

"Park Department Staff will begin at 9:00am, Saturday, March 3.
All major equipment and materials will be provided, but you can bring your own chain-saws, axes and weed-eaters."

http://www.cityofkyle.com/parks/creekcleanup.php for more info.

jparmley
Mar 02 2007, 01:54 PM
Is anyone planning on going tomorrow? I don't know if I can get out there by 9am....is the mini only reservied for those who help out or can anyone play as long as they pay the entry?

LouMoreno
Mar 02 2007, 02:44 PM
I would think that the mini is open to all regardless of workday attendance. Show up and help out when and if you can. :cool:

LouMoreno
Mar 06 2007, 01:15 PM
Good showing from the disc golfers. I believe there were 10 of us there for the clean up in addition to the 1 neighbor and a troop of scouts. The course and creek looked really sharp afterward. Thanks, everyone. :cool:

jparmley
Mar 06 2007, 02:04 PM
So when are we going to play for that "#1 Trophey Tag" Lou?

LouMoreno
Mar 06 2007, 03:08 PM
It's the 2nd place trophy that's hanging from my bag. Even though I tied for first, Robert beat me out on the CTP.